Eyelid Surgery - Paramus, NJ

My eyelid surgery was so bad I had to sue Dr....

My eyelid surgery was so bad I had to sue Dr. Parker in court for malpractice. The jury found him liable for deviating from the standard of care for his profession. My eyes do not close. Stay wide open when I sleep. I have a 24/7 regimen to fight dry eyes and corneal ulcers. I will be disfigured for the rest of my life.
Marilyn Leisz

Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Hi Marilyn! I am so sorry about your experience. I could not help to comment. I might know someone who can help you. Her name is Dr. Lopa Gupta. She is an EYE SURGEON EXPERT with offices in Westchester County, NY and NYC. She is able to do most surgeries with a local anesthetic (really). Both my mother and myself have had upper and lower blephs done by her, and she is also known to correct bad eye surgeries. She is one of the most skilled surgeons I have ever met, not to mention one of the kindest, compassionate doctors I know. Good luck!
Hi, thank you for the info on the doctor. I am going to try and locate her. Would you be so kind as to give me your email address in case I have trouble locating her? My address is maleisz@aol.com Thank you so much. Marilyn
Sorry about ur botched eyelid surgery. I can't imagine not being able to close my eyes! Keep researching ,I pray u find some kind of correction. And tnx 4 lettin us know about this doc
I am so sorry. I can't imagine how devestated you are but I want to thank you for sharing with us and for taking this doctor to court. You are a brave person and I hope you can find someone to correct his mistakes. Please try - surely soneone can help you.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

This is one of Angela's friends, his nurse/wife. Angela is Dr. Parker's wife. A nurse should be the patient's advocate, not somebody who is obligated to the doctor by marriage. Doesn't the law state that a wife can not testify against her husband? What kind of ehtics is that?
OMG, I have exactly the SAME experience with a plastic surgeon here in Ottawa Canada. I would love to share my story and here more of yours. Can we exchange through private email please?
I'm sorry you had a bad experience.  I'm assuming you are not able to try reconstruction based on what you said, but am just curious if you've consulted with any other doctors about it.  What kind of surgery were you suppose to have originally?

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-