I was a heavy bust lady ever since I can remember. - Breast Reduction - Australia, AU

I was a heavy bust lady ever since I can remember....

I was a heavy bust lady ever since I can remember. Had been thinking about breast reduction for 8 years. Finally did it .........
This is my one week after surgery. Happy with the job done and the load off my chest and shoulders.
My first consultation was on the 22 August 13 and the surgery was on the 11 Sept 2013 in Westmead Private .On the day of surgery I was admitted to the hospital.just before surgery the Anaesthetist came and put the cannula on my arm.(no anaesthesia yet). Dr lim came and marked the breasts for the work while I stood up.After that the Anaesthetist gave me the Anaesthesia .Hours later I woke with my chest bandaged with drains on each breast.
I was expecting bad pain,,,,, but it was just uncomfortable. On a scale of 1-10 on pain, I rated the pain as 2 .I am still a bit uncomfortable, but not painful.
Advice to future patient
Get your private health insurance update and see if the procedure is covered by your private Health fund.Enquire about the waiting period.Got $1,013 back from Medicare. I didn't have the level of private insurance to cover my hospital bill.(Waiting period with my private health cover "Medibank" was 2 months. But I just went ahead without it. ) Don't regret it though.
bills were like
initial consultation $200 (72 claim back from medicare if referred by GP)
right breast -3,500
Left breast - 3,500
Anaesthetist-1,500
hospital - 4850 ( Theater -2900 approx, 2 nights 1900 + extra )
And how are you feeling now?

Welcome to the community.  Thank you for joining us and sharing your journey.  How many cup sizes were they able to decrease?

Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Dr Lim listened to my reasons and the expectations of surgery. Answered all my questions. Explained the procedure, risks, results.Katherine and Robyn very friendly and bubbly staff happy to help you with any queries you may have. Would positively recommend Dr Lim to any of my friends.