Rhinoplasty/Septoplasty - Palos Verdes, CA

I broke my nose at 14- I needed immediate surgery...

I broke my nose at 14- I needed immediate surgery to realign my nose and sinus cavity. The plastic and reconstructive surgeon told me that it wasn't going to look pretty- I would likely have a hump on my nose and that I would need a second surgery once my nose had healed to correct the cosmetic and breathing aspects. At 16, I went ahead with an open rhinoplasty and I'm so happy I did. First of all, my nose was a MESS for the two years I waited for the second surgery. I didn't even look like myself prior to the accident- it was really depressing, especially since I had just started high school. Ugh.

My surgery was much more intense than others who just go for purely cosmetic reasons since there were elements of reconstruction that were necessary. I think my surgery took a total of 4 hours and I wound up having to stay the night in the hospital. My eyes were swollen shut for about 3 days and I was completely bruised under both eyes for about a week. Despite all this, the outcome is fantastic. I can actually breathe through my nose and I look how I'm supposed to. It helped to restore my confidence and I honestly couldn't be happier. It's been about 10 years since I've had the surgery and my results are still fantstic. My nose has changed a little, since it naturally does for the rest of your life anyway, but it still looks great. So happy I went through with it.

Torrance Plastic Surgeon

Honestly, I couldn't have more positive things to say about Dr. K and his whole staff. I was very young when all this happened and he was so wonderful to me, making sure I wasn't scared and took very good care of me. My mom and I nicknamed him "Dr. Feelgood" because he is the nicest person I've ever met. I've since seen him for a few other minor procedures and I'm equally thrilled with the results. He gives you very honest and fair assessments about what works with you and the results that are possible. He's the best, I implore you to make a consult with him for any suregery you might be considering in the LA area.