Mini Tummy Tuck w/ Muscle Repair - Palo Alto, CA

I had my mini tummy tuck with lower abdominal...

I had my mini tummy tuck with lower abdominal tightening and minor lipo of the public area on December 14th 2010. The surgery went very well and I am healing nicely. I am very young (21) but as a teen I was very over weight. I lost 100 pounds through diet and exercise and was left with a lot of loose skin, most of it below my belly button. I do have loose skin and some muscle separation above the belly button (although the muscle separation is not severe). I had a choice to do the full or the mini tummy tuck, but it was thought that I would get great results from the mini and if I want to have kids later in life, the results of the full tummy tuck would be destroyed in the process. It is still too early for me to decide whether or not the mini was the right choice or if I should have gone with the full, since I am not planning on having children (if I do) for a long time. I guess time will tell. I can always get it revised if I want or need to.

As a note, my plastic surgeon did tell me that the...

As a note, my plastic surgeon did tell me that the results would not be as good as with a full tummy tuck, becuse she wouldn't be removing the excess skin from above the belly button (which I have a bit of) or able to tighten the muscles. I opted for the mini because I was not sure whether or not I will have kids and can always have the full procedure at a later time.

Saw my Plastic Sergeon today and everything looks...

Saw my Plastic Sergeon today and everything looks good thus far. I healed so far VERY well. My scar is barely noticeable and very low as I asked for. I can't wait till I am able to tone my stomach some.

Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Hi followurdreams21. I have been looking a round for a reasonable price and a good doctor. I saw your post and I live in Palo Alto. How much did you pay if you dont mind me asking. Also is that the price for all mini tummy tucks there?
You have a lot of possibility there as far as toning up and "completing" your new look on your own. I started doing standing ab crunches with a 10lb dumbbell in 2004, and it was the best exercise I have found for tight abs. No neck strain, no back strain, tightens up your entire core, too. I was 46 and even developed a 4-pack (a miracle in itself). I don't believe that would have been possible without the TT I had done back in 1992. Wish I had done more weight work early on, in my 30's.

You've got a LOT of potential on your side. Good bone structure, good proportions. Go for it!
Hi! You look incredible given that you got rid of 100 extra pounds! I lost 40 pounds in high school and didn't look as good as you do... I have very poor connective tissue, so even though I exercised regularly, the stretched out skin never did "snap" back the way I had hoped.

Anyways, I think you did really well with the minituck. I went for the full TT in 1992 when I was 34. I had never had kids and was not planning on any and my ab area was not getting any tighter (I was doing aerobic classes 90 min a day 6 days a week back then).

After the full TT though, I ended up unhappy with the way my navel was repositioned. I was unhappy with the scar, it was so long it still showed if I wore a bathing suit. And worst of all, every pair of pants I put on afterwards fit oddly because of the way the skin was pulled down on the front of my hips. It was a good 10 years before this "fit" problem finally became less noticeable to me. It's hard to describe if you have never had to deal with it yourself. It made me wish I had just had lipo instead.

The only positive for me was the muscle tightening, because hernias run in my family and I would surely have suffered one without the TT being done.

So I think your surgery went well and you look great. Give it another 6 months or so to fully heal, I think you will be happy in your bathing suit next summer.

Looking forward to hearing what you think when all is said and done. How are you feeling?

pretty good still have some sweling and the incision is a bit painful and itchy
Yep, it really is true that time will tell. I am not even two weeks out yet.

Wow, Happy New Year to you, huh? Congratulations on your significant weight loss! That's amazing!

I hope you'll come back and let us know what you think of the results.

Thanks so much for posting here on RealSelf.