New Nose = Happy (And Prettier) Face - Palo Alto, CA

I had my rhinoplasty done with Dr. Most almost 1.5...

I had my rhinoplasty done with Dr. Most almost 1.5 months ago, and I can't be more pleased with the results.

I had thought about getting a rhinoplasty for a few years. In my opinion, my nose was slightly too bulbous for the rest of my face, and it had a slight hump. It wasn't ugly but I felt it distracted from my eyes and my face as a whole. So I went on several consultations with plastic surgeons in the Bay Area. Of them all, Dr. Most was the one I felt most comfortable with. He really listened to my rambling about my vision for my new nose -- I wasn't sure what I wanted, just something more refined and in proportion to my face. After we looked at some digital renderings and talking more about the possibilities, I decided to go forward with Dr. Most.

Pre-op was the same as what other reviewers wrote about: surgery prep, prescriptions for antibiotics and pain meds, and another run-through of plans for my surgery. By this time I was pretty nervous but excited.

I want to point out that even though Dr. Most and I had discussed my new nose in great detail several times, it’s normal to feel very emotional and nervous about the surgery. But I do want to stress that it's important to communicate as much as you feel is necessary to ensure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Do whatever is necessary to help him/her see your vision -- photographs, photoshopped portraits, etc. In my case, since I felt Dr. Most would know what would be best for my face (within my guidelines of course), I entrusted him with the freedom to do what he thought was best for ME. For example, we talked about possibly doing a very conservative alar base reduction, if he deemed appropriate during surgery. It was up to him and I was totally fine with that.

Come surgery day, I was excited to get it done and over with. It went smoothly and I felt no nausea and not much pain after. Dr. Most ended up not taking in my nostrils, as he thought there was no way to justify it. My hump had been taken down, and nasal tip was refined like we talked about. And 1.5 months later, I am extremely pleased with my new nose. ?

I’m still in the process of healing but so far it has been a lot easier than expected. I had absolutely no bruising, and only minimal swelling around my eyes and cheeks for 2-3 days. Pain meds were nice to have but unnecessary after the first day. Overall, I couldn't be happier!

If you’re considering having a rhinoplasty, I strongly recommend you have a consultation with Dr. Most. Watch his lecture on YouTube to get a sense of his skill and expertise.
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

TL;DR -- There are only 3 things you need to know about Dr. Most: 1) He's an expert at rhinoplasties -- not just at making your nose more aesthetically pleasing but he makes sure its structure and overall functionality are sound. 2) He won't "overdo" your nose -- he won't go there if it won't match the rest of your face. 3) He will listen to what you envision and get as close to that as possible, within your physiological limitations.

So happy for you! I had a consultation with Dr. Most about doing my revision rhinoplasty. I really liked him!
Hooray for your successful result! Thank you for sharing on RealSelf.