Painful As Heck! but Was Worth It - Palo Alto, CA

Its expensive here! but so far so good. Pros: i am...

Its expensive here! but so far so good. Pros: i am darker skinned, and feared the laser. but have had excellent experiences so far with the outcomes. Tons of people telling me i glow now, and have smooth skin. She was able to adjust the levels according to the section on the face needed, and started minimally on the first round, to asses how the rest should go.

I always prefer a conservative person to an aggressive one. I cant say enough , how i LOVE my skin now. I had severe severe acne scarring on practically my entire face but nose/neck. I dont "need" makeup anymore, i look healthier, cant get enough compliments =), and im not afraid of the camera or HD anymore.

Cons: oh dear lord, this is the most painful experience i have had! Even with the numbing cream, which i realize, they allow 1hr to sit (but needs 1.5) even if the percentage is stronger, it doesnt work so well in 1 hr. There is A LOT of down time! swollen for about 3 days , 2nd day is worse. Flaking and peeling on day 3-5, Red as heck on day 6-7...and finally.....the new skin.

I actually don't mind the little redness, since i'm darker, it actually adds a nice blush to me =) anyway it was so painful i teared during the procedures (i have good pain tolerance generally), also, i took a vicodon prior to one- No real help.. Took a Norco (stronger) on another time--- FINALLY felt the relief. as we also know, they increase the strength and passes each time u go..so the pain...gets harder to deal with. On the other hand, each time u see better results, so u mentally focus on that, while ur face is on fire.

I will honestly say, i have one left to go, and i'm scared of the pain, but the constant compliments, keep me going. I know its not just in my mind , if others see it so drastically. Heck, even guys i know who notice nil, noticed! now thats a good feeling. There isnt a price on the numerous years i spent feeling awful with the tremendous scars i had. no pain...no gain.

A big con about them though, is they do not offer options for pain relief, other than the numbing cream. I had to use my own stuff.

Palo Alto Dermatologist

I did not have the actual dr. b do this procedure, but I had a P.A at his clinic do it. At first, i was worried and skeptical, since i am in medicine myself, however i tested her knowledge and experience and confidence with a battery of questions in my consultation, and felt, she was safe. Its cheaper than having the md do it. Honestly, if i had more finances available, i would have opted for the md, but i thought to explore my options . my experience does tell me , some pa's are excellent, and have found some dr's are not even as well experienced clinically, maybe theoretically, but not clinically. So i took the chance with her. and am quite happy with the treatment. The only problem- the post care instructions and precare, lacking. but with my medical knowledge, i was able to handle that well.

Be the first to comment...

Please join RealSelf or sign in.