54 Yr Old Mother of 4 Lost 100 and Had Three 10.5# Children# - Palm Beach Gardens, FL

After a lot of thought, three beautiful 10 1/2 lb...

After a lot of thought, three beautiful 10 1/2 lb boys, almost 100 in be weight loss and friends "in the business" the decision was made to repair my muscles and rid myself of the extra skin no exercise was ever going to accomplish. I did it on Wednesday 8/6/14 and am on day 6. Stay tuned for week 1 post op!

week 1 post op today dr. visit

It is exactly a week post op today and I finally awoke this morning feeling pretty good (after having some rather uncomfortable and emotional turbulent days behind me). I put on a long skirt, a bra that I haven't worn in over a week...hahaha some eye makeup, a few bangle bracelets, some hoop earnings and of course my husband's tee shirt (to stick under binder) with sleaves rolled up fashionably of course :) and off to the Doc we went. I feel human today!!!! Almost pretty! Hubby said "she's baaaaack!" He is really very supportive and I couldn't t have done this without him ????.

Doc said I look great and am healing well. I didn't have drains as he is known for a certain quilting procedure beneath the skin that keeps everything tight and no need for additional draining. I can't even imagine what the drains would have been like as it has been tough enough to find a comfortable position these last few days.
I'm also so appreciative for all these posts on real self as they have been a lifesaver as I can kinda get an idea of why I was exhausted when I returned home from the doc. It sure took a lot out of me. As I sit and type my update my hubby gave me some noise cancelling headphones playing total relaxation music. It really helps to get my mind off this incredibly now extra tight binder around my middle. I guess I wasn't tightening it enough this week as I don't recall it being this tight. Maybe the numbness from the surgery is starting to wear off now too. Lots of stuff going on inside!
Note to all: tummy is really flat for the first time in 27 years!!! I can't believe it is me :) will take a pic tonigh and update. Hope you all are feeling well and recovering well, enjoying your beautiful bodies and most of all are appreciating those around you who have and are helping us through our lives.

post op week 1 pic

My belly is gone!

Day 11 post op - First Outing - Yeah!

Day 11 post op...got dressed, curled my hair brought out the jewelry and assessorized like crazy, removed my foam insert for the first time since surgery and wrapped my tummy tightly. Now it was time to try on a dress for today's open house. Found the perfect one, put on eye makeup and off I went. I was nervous to say the least about how I would endure and if I would get light headed but all went well. Walked around the house and met some great people. After 2.5 hours I returned home and I was pooped! Saw I was a little swollen so it's peas please for me!

Birthday today and Day 14 post op

Feeling much better and now the only thing to fear is....SNEEZING! Who would have thought that something so cleansing would HURT so much. YIKES!!! I now know why the docs want u keeping it easy for 2 weeks. You really need it! And then like magic you start to feel like yourself again. Still swollen around the mid section but pain is only a discomfort now. Graduated to the bed last night still propped with pillows. Got to hold my beautiful 4 week old grandson yesterday for the 1st time in 2 weeks. Things are progressing nicely. Getting thru the first two weeks is rough...really rough but I am hear to tell everyone to hang in there as it gets better. Best wishes to you all!

2 was post op Birthday trest...feeling sooooooo much better!

2 weeks post op and it's my birthday!!! Went to breakfast walked around a little and then needed much rest. Sneezed again today and this time I was prepared thanks to Kimmers...held my middle ( didn't have time to get a pillow) and bent over. Still hurt but at least in didn't see stars!

Day 17 Post Op and it's a Rollercoaster!

Did I really think that I would be back to my energetic and productive life after having my surgery? I sure did. What a surprise! Just walking around for long periods of time require a "hey, I need a rest" period.

Having swelling issues also makes me think that I am doing too much too quickly. I miss my fast paced Real Estate life! Trying to do what I can but it seems like I'm in a slow.motion movie...hahaha.

No pain anymore just some twinges here and there if I move too quickly. Figuring out the binder thing under clothes and even bought my first pair of spanx! Clothes will look a little smoother than the velcro binder as I still need to wear this to keep the swelling at bay. Seeing PS in another 10 days for my one month check up. Time flies when u r having fun!

3 was post op and feel grrrrrrreat! Little Swollen Though...

Wow! Week one is the absolute worst...keep reading please. ...I feltl like I was going to explode inside and couldn't really move around very well without assistance. I kept asking myself if it's all worth it and what have I gotten myself into?

Week 2 comes around and I'm back in the marital bed...yipeeeeee. still recovering but feeling sooooooo much better. Putting on real clothes over the beautiful and ever so needed binder. Getting around in and out of the car. Taking some short walks, not sleeping very well but knowing that things are improving. Even putting on makeup and jewelry!!!! Started back at work showing property with hubby :)
Yeah, it's week 3 and wow what a difference. I think I actually slept on side last night and it didn't bother me!!! Didn't tire at all today and showed property for a few hours. Belly still swells so I know that my lymphatic system is retraining itself after all that surgery internally...been reading up a bit :)

Looking forward to getting back in the gym and working out. Hope next week's 1 month mark and visit to PS gives me the green light!

To all of u just starting the journey, be patient and to those of us recovering, congratulations...we are making it!!!!

29 Days later......

So I'm going into 5 weeks post op and stopped wearing my binder at night as I'm now using the silicone strip for my scar and belly button...16 hours a day. Swelling is slooooooowly going down, however I see a drastic change in my body and love it! Clothes r fitting better and my husband thinks he married a goddess....hahaha. he's so complimentary! Have no pain whatsoever, little tightening every now and then. PS says I can start exercising by 8 weeks. I can't wait!!!! Still have some issues sleeping thru the night as I am a turner and find some discomfort.

Hope u all are feeling well and to those just beginning it does get better. Get thru the first 2 weeks and u r home free to the flat side!
Palm Beach Gardens Plastic Surgeon

SavedbyGrace68 - you can do it! The first few weeks are to say the least difficult at best but you look amazing...saw your photos! Keep yourself hydrated and take it EASY...I mean it. Don't do ANYTHING for the first few weeks. Sleep, eat, walk around your house and to the bathroom and relax. You will feel so much better beginning week 3. Take your pain meds and don't be stoic the first week if you need them. You don't get a medal for pain...trust me! I stopped taking the pain meds after the first 4 days and haven't needed to take anything since. I do have a higher threshold for pain and don't really like putting stuff into my body like that. I also slept in a lazy boy chair for the first 5 days as it was the most comfortable. When I transitioned into the bed I was propped up with 4 pillows behind me, one under my legs and one on the side of me. It was a sight!!! Hope you feel better quickly and happy healing this week!
Yay! This post encouraged me so much! Last night was kinda hard but I'm feeling better today. Happy Healing!!! :))
You are looking so great!! I'm so glad that you are feeling so much better! I'm looking forward to working out too... 3 more wks for me :-)
Day 12 post op. Feeling tired and OMG I just sneezed....yikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Day 10 post op and settling into the recovery period. Learning what I can and cannot do. Standing this morning making french toast (sprouted grain and egg whites of course) with my hubby. Took a toll after 15 min and had to sit down until color came back into my face. Probably should have eaten something beforehand :) Spent the day working from home talking to real estate clients on the phone while hubby showed property. Needed a nap by four in my lazy boy. Not a lot of stamina here! Showered tonight and inspected my belly AGAIN. Belly button area still has some residue coming from it. Hope that is ok. Still pretty swollen after wearing the binder and foam since day 1. Tomorrow I'm supposed to not add the foam insert when wrapping the binder. Will feel very different I'm sure! I know I will be happy in a few months but I never ever could have imagined this day to day life I now have while recovering. More tomorrow...thinking about joining hubby at the open hous tomorrow...hmmmmm
Day 9 post op and I finally had "THE" meltdown. Why did I do this, what was I thinking, I feel ugly, am I ever going to be myself again and the list goes on. I cried and my wonderful husband consoled me. Was this really worth it? Of course it was he said. You will be so happy in a few months and every time u get dressed in the morning, he said. Sometimes it's difficult to imagine another day of discomfort and not being able to do the things I normally do. Being a very busy person each and every day this has been a drastic change in my lifestyle as well as hard on my body. Tomorrow will be a better day and I know in a few months I will feel normal again....With a flat tummy!
Eeeek this is what I'm afraid of...that I'll regret my choice and it's too late. I'm so thankful for your honesty and timeline because hopefully in a few weeks you'll see the difference and day it was worth it. If not, please be honest about that too. I'm so scared and want to feel good about myself again, but not at the expense of something else making me feel bad about the way I look and feel.
We all have different ways we respond to different situations. With that being said I am kind of a controlling person about myself. I am very independent, like to run my own affairs/business and don't like putting people out. I rarely ask for help as I feel very efficient in most things I do. Recovery for my tt takes time though nobody can prepare you for & I am not very patient. After losing almost 100 pounds over the last 3 years with diet and exercise I finally got my body down to my ideal weight. I hired a personal trainer and have worked with him for the last year and supplemented my workouts with zumba classes and pump classes. I MISS all of those classes and workouts as I felt so good about myself...healthy and strong. Everyone I have talked to about their tt surgery said it was so worth it. Don't let anyone deter you from what you believe will make a change in your life. I didnt. I'm just having a challenge with the mid point in rexovery. I have faith that in a few weeks as I start to regain back some of my activities that made me feel happy and healthy I will feel elated about my life change too. For now I will sit on the sidelines for a while and think how lucky I am that I was fortunate enough to be able to have afforded the surgery, have a very supportive husband and a business thst has allows me to work from home. Will keep smiling and y ' all should too! Curl your hair, put on ur eye makeup and throw that skirt on "over" ur binder. Look out world...she is coming!!!!!
Day 8 and worked 8 hours from my lazy boy. Phew I am pooped! Sent hubby on a real estate call tonight and he sealed the deal! Tummy still pretty tight...mostly on top of stomach. Still wearing binder and foam inside thru the weelend. Hopefully the tension will lessen soon. Still pretty tired. Been through a lot - need rest. Yes maam! Nite all!
Congratulations!!! Can't wait to see your results!! HAPPY HEALING!!
Thanks so much. On the road to recovery :)
WOW! Congratulations!!!! I'm so happy for you! Am eager to see your progress. Make sure to post pictures when you can. I'm 40 and getting it done in January. I'm scared as hell but know that I'll feel better about myself after.
Even with the discomfort I am already smiling. We are stronger than we sometimes give ourselves credit for :) I remember when my surgery date was 3 months away and all of a sudden I realized that there was never going to be the perfect time (we have a very busy real estate bsuiness) so I picked up the phone and moved up my date by 3 weeks. From phone call to surgery was one week. It is surely scary but most of that is the anticipation of the actual surgery. Once u are on the road to recovery everything becomes manageable. The reward every day will be looking at that amazing tummy....Both in clothes and out.....hehehe
That's so true. I just want to love myself again. I am so happy you took the plunge! Keep me updated, I'll be following for sure!
Absolutely!