375cc Augmentation & Bottomed Out Revision - Palm Beach Gardens, FL

I want to share my experience since I was unable...

I want to share my experience since I was unable to find very much info on my situation when I searched. I had my first augmentation 10-11-11. I was a 36A. I was 29 (now 30), 110, 5'3", no children. I have 375 cc silicone Mentor implants, inframammory incision. I am now a 34d. I went to a reputable surgeon in Palm Beach Gardens, FL. I noticed right away that my right breast was sitting a little lower than my left. I figured it needed time to drop and even out. After 3 months I was concerned and went back to my Dr. He told me to wait 6 months and we will re examine. In June of 2012 I went back and by that time the left had also dropped, my scars were riding up on both breasts, the right one more so. He said the cause was likely because I had very soft breast tissue, and little of it, also the implants may be too heavy for my body to support.

To fix this, the Dr. was going to have to stitch up the pockets top 'raise' the implant position. It cost $600 for the revision, the Dr waived his fees, but the anesthesiologist and medication cost me. I went in September 7, 2012 for the revision. I was VERY sore the first surgery, I took off 10 days, and I felt I should have took longer. I was informed the second one would be worse. I had to be at a new job September 8 for orientation at 9am. I know, I am crazy. Anyway, the second surgery is by FAR not as painful, the meds hardly help the pain, Tylenol helps. I went to work the next day, 9-8-12 at 9am, and am going for training all this week m-f 8-2. I am uncomfortable, but not too bad.

Anyway, today is Monday, post op day 4, and I am sore, but overall fine. I went for my post op check up today, and go back in a week to remove the sutures under my breasts. If anyone has had surgery like this, please feel free to email me. I want to know if my breasts appear normal for a surgery of this kind, i feel deformed, lol. I have trust in my Dr, so I am not uneasy or upset. I just want to be able to wear a bra/bikini without my nips hanging out of the top. :) Any input for Doctors is appreciated! Thank you for reading my story and looking at my photos. Feedback is appreciated. Please contact me if you would like to share stories or experiences, or with questions.

Also I wanted to mention I have smooth round...

Also I wanted to mention I have smooth round moderate plus profile gel implants. Still in pain, mostly on Left side. It was the right side that i had trouble with from my original surgery. Please take a look at my photos and give me some feed back, I really would appreciate it! Any Doctors advice or comments are VERY much welcomed. Thanks

Well it's been 1 year and 2 months since my revision.

My right crease is about an inch lower than the incision, and it is even painful. I do not feel comfortable in my own skin, i never want to take my top off. I have gained weight and am just really thinking of calling and scheduling to get them removed. I don't like to be touched and bra shopping sucks. I am going to lose 10 pounds and reevaluate. I want to feel sexy in my own skin. I want to be small and not wear bras 24/7. I even wear this VS push up band because it feels better to have them held up. Not to mention they a bit crooked and the right is bottoming out/falling. Or is it the left has cc? i dont know....feedback is appreciated. To all the brave ones that removed, I love to read your stories and see pics. It's so encouraging! :)

Went in for consult....

So I was looking at photos of myself that I sent my bf Pre-op, and I'm really not liking what I see. My breasts were very bottom full and flat as a board above the nipple, even droopy. I guess my mom and grandma were right when they said, "I used to look like you, just wait til you get older." lol. So I went in to see about swapping them for a smaller set, maybe that would take away the pain and even them out....Well my Dr. said we could do a swap but he can't say for sure that will ease the pain or not. SO, in conclusion, he said he does not want me in pain and not happy in my body. Therefore, he is going to stitch up the right pocket again, and hopefully it will hold up these implants. He is doing this free of charge (bless him!) So December 3rd is the date. Third times a charm, at least thats what they say...haha. I have not been this excited and happy over anything in a LONG time, I will not be lifting a finger until I'm healed. Not like the last time when I went to work the next day....I could be to blame for carrying plates with my right arm and causing the right one to look and feel this way. I will be updating as soon as I have my pre op on 11/27/13. YAY!!!!!!

FIRST DAY after 2nd revision (3rd breast surgery)

I am in pain but no more than usual after surgery. I had my right implant re-sutured and raised up a bit. Tylenol helps the best for pain, the other meds just help me relax and sleep. Just taking it easy today, netflix and plex :) Here are some pics from this morning.

I'm getting a revision for bottoming out in 4 days. How was your experience?? How was the pain? I'm trying to find more girls that have been through this and I'm not finding too many. I hope your revision went well and you're doing great.
How are you doing? What's the latest? ;)
How have you been feeling? I think my left has bottomed out and my P.S. and I are going to have a serious discussion about solving this problem. When you look at the pic it looks painful, was it as painful as the initial surgery? And also, does the skin smooth out and round out on the bottom of the breast? Wish you all the best! Happy healing!
It should round out just like the first revision. I am using scar away silcone strips and wearing medium support bras, I try to get my left supported and loosen the right side so it will drop down. It was not as painful as the first time, nothing has ever compared to how my ribs and chest felt the first time. But that pain eases after about the 3rd day... So far so good, i will post new pics soon!
It was not as painful as the first time, nothing has ever compared to how my ribs and chest felt the first time. But that pain eases after about the 3rd day... I have been using scar away silcone strips and wearing a supportive bra, I loosen the strap on the right side so it will hopefully drop down soon. It should round out on the bottom, just like the pics after the 1st revision....
Please share outcome. I would post your physician too. He has been awesome through this process. It would be good to let others contemplating surgery to know about him.
Good luck! Make sure to purchase 'ScarAway' silicone steri strips. They helped me a ton. My implants were so heavy on my incisions they constantly hurt. When I started using scar away my incisions immediately felt stronger, and better.
thank you!
Good luck for your upcoming revision!
Good luck, I hope this is it for you!
Hoping to get my revision after the New Year . 2 1/2 months post op . Symmetry is fine but one is fuller and has side boob , the other has no side boob , is less full and slightly high . :-(
Yay congrats my revision is in Dec too I'm super excited
Revision looks great! Who was your surgeon?
hello, I have a similar story. I had very assymetrical breasts and the dr here in paris put in a mentor 200cc silicone implant over the muscle and it looks bad. I saw a dr in West palm beach, (i think palm beach gardens) and he said he would do suturing on the implanted breast. Can we discuss over e mail. Maybe its the same dr.. katherine.piernas@free.fr thanks, Kathy
Are you still feeling pain? How do they look now? I had the exact same thing happen! I had smaller implants, but my rt one was wrong from 2 days post op. I'm having the pockets raised next month. Thank you for sharing.
Nanotx00: Not much pain, tylenol for the first two weeks, but nothing real bad. I also am a server, and I have been carrying plates and such. my right one was noticeably lower right after my original surgery too, but im glad i waited the 10 months bc I was going to get the revision at 6 months, and only the right was going to be redone. After 10 they were both bottoming out. Good luck with your surgery, I will post 3 week post op pics within the week if you wanna check them out :)
Thank you sooo much! I'm waiting at least 8 months. Did you have a crease incision?
I'm also having my pockets raised and strattice too. But they are looking better. I wore an underwire bra 24/7 for 6 months and they scared in so it looks almost normal. They are still too big for my liking. I am at 225 and 250 cc. I'm a 32 dd. I'd like to go down a bit.
I think they look great post revision, much more natural looking. They don't look like implants after the revision actually.

Yes, it could be uneven swelling.

They look different in the middle, the cleavage area. one is sutured a bit higher, but maybe its more swollen than the other, I'm icing them now.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience and photos on RealSelf. Doctors don't very often come over to the review community, but you can post a question (with photos) to them in the Q&A community here.

Your breasts definitely look different than they did before. Your nipples look a lot lower now, which is good, yes? Why do you feel deformed?

Also, I can't believe you went to work the day after your surgery. You're brave!