Cellulaze...Amazed with Shino Bay - Palm Beach, FL

I have been cursed to suffer from cellulite for...

I have been cursed to suffer from cellulite for all of my life. I have spent a small fortune on topical creams, smoothing machines, doctor "cures", personal training, and magic potions. All of this and still it never went away, till Cellulaze!! I wanted to be first when I heard that they had just approved this device in the US to permanently eliminate my cellulite forever! I called my friend who is a famous dermatologist surgeon on Las Olas and he of course had this new treatment and so I booked it immediately! No pain, I was awake the whole time, laughing and talking while they cured my cellulite in 1 visit! I went back to work the next day and this has been the easiest procedure I have ever had! I have had my breast and lipo and both were a 8 on a pain scale compared to this which was barely a 1. I'm already seeing a difference and will continue to improve over the next few weeks, and I cant wait till June in Palm Beach to show off my hot new legs and ass!! Pros: cellulite gone forever in one time treatment that was an hour Cons: minuscule pain of a 1 out of 10 the next day but I still went to work

Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Simple, quick, fun, not what you would expect at a normal doctor but what I have come to expect at Shino Bay

Has anyone noticed tightening after Cellulaze? I just had it done on Oct 3rd and was hoping to get some tightening to my skin as well as rid the cellulite. But I haven't heard anyone mention it on here. Thanks
@PalmBeachChick....I hope all is well please update us on ur status.....n if possible....can u post before n after pics....thanx
Than CELLULAZE is your partials answer. Get to a certified CELLULAZE doc. Regards Dr. B, MIAMI
Thanks Dr Blinski. 29% is almost a third, I'd take that. If it's after a year, that's obviously not still from swelling. I've thought of doing Thermage, but I've heard horror stories about losing volume, and that's the last thing I need. When I read that this does not suck the fat out, I thought it might be a good alternative, it sounded like 'shrink wrap' in a wand! I need the fat in there to keep my skin plumped. There is a seminar for the end of this month in town, so I think I'll show up and check it out. Regards
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Question for Dr Blinski, I am 55 years old, have always had a thin build (I am 5'7" 130 lbs), but I do have fairly thin skin. I have only a little bit of what I would call traditional cellulite. The bigger problem is that as I've aged, my skin has started to get saggy on the front and back of my thighs, as well as on the upper arm area. It now looks like cellulite. In the shade, I look terrific, but in the sunlight, it's horrifying. If I pull up on the skin, the rippling disappears and looks smooth. I was wondering if I would be a candidate for Cellulaze and if it would tighten the skin from the inside out. I tried VelaShape which helped for about 5 minutes while it was swollen. My skin in these two areas looks crepey, though I wasn't a big sun worshipper (even crepey on the underside my upper arm so I am pretty sure that's not the cause). I guess it's just the aging process combined with the thin skin. Just wondering if this procedure might help or if there is something better for this problem. Thanks for any info!
I am very anxious to read as you heal from this procedure. I am having lipo, a tummy tuck, and either gluteal implants or brazilian butt lift done on July 5th. I am hoping this will help a lot of my self image but I am almost positive I will end up with having Cellulaze next year. I wish you the best and please keep us posted.

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

What is your email Dr. B? I'm a grade II in the same position as Carol and my main concern was 2 deep dimples. I'm only 9 days out and the butt feels smooth but it seems to soon to tell. The OR girls suggested Smooth Shapes to speed me up.

Let me know I'd like you to see my picture. Just pass on your email :))

Thank you SO much!
Do you know how much Dr. DiBernardo charges for secondary operations?
Gee How would I know that?
I was asking almost famous. I know you wouldn't know. lol! I do have a question for you. On average, how much do you charge for the back of the thighs?I have a little cellulite there. Thanks.
I'm in my 1 week post op as well, much of my bruising and swelling is going down I'm going for 1 post op apt now. I still see the 2 dimples on my butt that I hate ... They're going to do 2 smooth shape treatments on me. I'm waiting to go in to see what they say. I know 1 week is early but I really did this for just 2 dimples so they better go away. It's hard to tell with some bruising and swelling still but ugh! This better work. I wear the full garment and topifoam 24/7 and take lots of bromelin arnica vitamins and water. I use arica gel and vit e oil as well. I know it's early but i just need to know this works!

So maybe I should wait on smoothe shape? They said they give me 2 sessions and I know the OR nurse had it and looked amazing in 2 weeks!!!

I'll see what they say when I go in!

Gotta get more topifoam I love it!

Just need some encouragement
Okay I called the office to vent and they put me on the phone with a nice girl who's 22 also and had it done 2 weeks ago. She said I can wear Spanx on the weekends and as long as I have compression for 3 full weeks by the 3rd weekend I'll be fine to put on a bikini depending. Her swelling and brushing were gone and she had just 12 sectors I'm getting 14. She really put my mind at ease and said the tiny incision sites just put a lot of suncreen to avoid scars by the 3rd week. I'm going to do it. As long as I just avoid the beach I'll get a cool cover up for my bottoms and Spanx to go out at night on the weekends I'm okay with :). I'm going for it! So tired of being scared and living with a lumpy booty!

Thanks Dr. B you're a very nice Dr. To write and help on here. I'm going to get the yummie tummie too
This is a real issue when asking whist one doctor advises vs the operating surgeon. My best advise is to only follow your chosen operative surgeon's advise. Because you paid him not an internet doctor who has NEVER seen you. In my practice I allow some laxity in the garments but again you are not my personal patient. BTW Spanx are great and a newer type garment my wife purchased at Nordstroms is the "yummie tummie". It to me is even better than the spanx. Best and regards Dr. B, MIAMI
Dr. B,

I went for my pre-op consults today and I'm just having major questions about the compression garment. I know in another post you recommended it for thr 1st weekn then switching to Spanx.

I can wear if 24/7 Thursday 5-17- Thursday 5/24 no problem the switch to spanx on weekends.

My main concern is that Friday nights I head to my beach house and tend to wear short dresses which I can wear Spanx under (I wear them often anyway for work). But what about on a Saturday during the day after my first full week (so long as I
m not bruised) can I spend a couple hours on the beach without them?

Dr. D's staff seemed to freak out on me and said if I mess up the swelling I could be swollen for a very long time. They really scared me about this and hurt and upset me.

I can follow directions and want to do this right I just wanted to know what my options were moving past the first week. Like I said, Spanx are not a huge issue but Saturday during the day for a few hours is
Hey guys I decided to get the procedure done myself and I'm going in next week 5/16. I'm definitely scared after reading Catherine's article because I would hate to make the back of my thighs look worse but I'm praying that won't be the case and I'll have a successful procedure. Also praying that this will be a permanent fix!

I would post before and after pictures but my cellulite doesn't really show up in pictures for some reason, but I will keep you guys updated on my progress. I have a low tolerance to pain as well so it will be interesting to see how well I am able to tolerate this procedure :)
I am 54 and have cellulite all my life. I am wanting to have lipo and a tummy tuck but my dr said there was nothing he would do with my butt which of course has cellulite as well. Opinions?
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

You are so helpful and kind Dr. B! I am only having the Cellulaze procedure by Dr. DiBernardo who I am confident with. Maybe I should have voiced more questions and concerns during my consult but will during my Pre op next Monday. I simply read the folder I think they send out to ALL patients and was very overwhelmed by all the potential "risks" the I now see are procedure specific.

I don't have an underlying medical conditions I'm just an anxious person and a bit of a hypochondriac!

I'm glad that the EKG and chest xray aren't necessary so that you to everyone who told me it's fine!!!!

And no blood clots :). You know you hear those horror stories that scare you with more invasive procedures.

Thank you for all the clarity, I feel more at ease now!!!!
I'm posting this for some support and advise as I'm a HUGE worrier.

I'm beginning to get more nervous as I just read through the surgery packet they sent in the mail. I know some of it applies to other procedures that involved general anesthesia but still.

I did give them my most recent blood work from my physical in Feb but I haven't had an EKG since last year. I know my primary care Dr. can give me another one but I'm just curious if you all had one?!? The girl I sat down with when booking my appointment said I didn't need it but she didn't seem to know much of anything.

The bloodwork I had done also was just a large panel done by my Primary Care Dr. so I'm not sure it had the clotting tests asked for ... but the OR tech said I should be fine. I'm just scared!!!

Also, it says chest xray... Did you all have that? The girl also told me I didn't need it but the prescription says I do. Im going to call the OR girl Monday. I had a horrible bout with phenumonia this past winter so they did a chest xray then and it was minor on my left lung but I don't want to do it again! Too much radiation.

Let me know what you did.

I also read the more serious risks like pulmonary embolisms which scare the HELL out of me! I'm 23 and have health anxiety but still. The idea of a blood clot after litterally made me sick thinking about it!!!!!!!!!!

Someone please advise!

I'm going to post on the blog and see what Dr. Blinski says.

I know you're not all Dr.'s so I'm so sorry just scared of all serious things like blood clots or infection.

Let me know about the blood work EKG chest xray etc.

I'd hate to scare myself so bad I lose the $1000 deposit

... Can you tell I need Xanax now?!? HAHAHA

Dear AlmostFamousxo; Best to be absolutely sure you understand what exact operation is being done. I can understand blood and urine testing but a chest X-ray or EKG seems excessive and not necessary for a 23 year old. Unless you have medical issues you are not stating. It sounds like you are having more than just a CELLULAZE operation? Is that true? You can e/mail me at d*****@msn.com or call my Miami office and leave a message.
As for the post operative complications of a "blood clot" is so extremely rare that in the CELLULAZE operation it is a very very unlikely event. If you are so concerned maybe it is best to met with the certified CELLULAZE doctor again to "clear the air" so to speak. Your full understanding of the planned operation is paramount. Ask all your question, voice all your concerns than make an informed decision whether to proceed with the CELLULAZE operation. I know if you were my patient I would also be more at ease with an in person meeting to discuss ALL your concerns and issues before doing the operation. Regards Dr. B, MIAMI

You are absolutely correct. Seromae can occur in liposuction, laser liposuction and CELLULAZE. That is why I stated there is a very very high learning curve in CELLULAZE operations. Also more of us certified Cellulaze docs are using I.V. sedation with the local anesthesia because the
"discomfort" during the operation is better controlled by I.V. sedation. Finally I would like to comment on fees. Cynosure is not setting a fee structure to follow. But the very hard costs to preform a CELLULAZE operation can approach over $1,500+++ (the fiber, Smart Sense probe, thermaguide handle, laser rental, supplies, medications, staff, etc). Thus generally speaking small surface areas (8x11) bilaterally range in the $5,000, medium surface areas bilaterally (2 of the 8x11 sheets) start from $7,000 to $8,000, larger areas start from $10,000 to $12,000. Of course each doctor's practice can charge the fees they wish. At present some docs are discounting their fees by 20%. To me the question is does CELLULAZE correct cellulite over an extended time frame? These post study time periods where we are doing CELLULAZE in our private practice will tell. Just as Smart Lipo, released in late late 2006, was criticized for a few years. Now it is quickly becoming a very viable option for liposuction. I believe so will CELLULAZE become the first line of offense in treating cellulite. Cath. again thanks your input and article are great. Regards Dr. B, MIAMI

This is some really good info Dr. Blinski - thank you so much for sharing this so openly with us!

I too am really interested in seeing long term results of cellulaze. Do you happen to know what the longest running study is so far?