PAINFUL !!!!!

I had blotchy brown patches "the mask of...

I had blotchy brown patches "the mask of pregnancy" on my face due to fluctuating hormone levels. The dermatologist recommended Fraxel.

I was told that I would feel like a rubber band was being snapped on my face. I have a high pain threshold but this had to be the most painful procedure I had ever had. I just about flew off the table. Clenching my teeth and cursing under my breath, I finally made it through the procedure. However, after all that pain and money, I had better results with a fading cream!!!!!!! Never Again!!!

***This post is against RealSelf Community Guidelines and has been removed****

I too had the re:pair. Worst pain ever! I had numbing cream and 8 different local numbing injections. 4 to my inner mouth and 4 to 4head, temples and chin. Still was the worst pain I have ever felt. Having a baby hurt less. That is no lie!
So I was disappointed that the brown spots did not disappear on my face either and complained. My doc gave me Q-switch laser on my face no charge and ALL the brown spots fell off! After that I could appreciate the skin tightening fraxel repair did. Maybe you could ask your doctor for an alternative for the brown spots.
New York Dermatologist

He is known to be the best in NY!!!