PAINFUL !!!!!

I had blotchy brown patches "the mask of...

I had blotchy brown patches "the mask of pregnancy" on my face due to fluctuating hormone levels. The dermatologist recommended Fraxel.

I was told that I would feel like a rubber band was being snapped on my face. I have a high pain threshold but this had to be the most painful procedure I had ever had. I just about flew off the table. Clenching my teeth and cursing under my breath, I finally made it through the procedure. However, after all that pain and money, I had better results with a fading cream!!!!!!! Never Again!!!

New York Dermatologist

He is known to be the best in NY!!!

***This post is against RealSelf Community Guidelines and has been removed****

I too had the re:pair. Worst pain ever! I had numbing cream and 8 different local numbing injections. 4 to my inner mouth and 4 to 4head, temples and chin. Still was the worst pain I have ever felt. Having a baby hurt less. That is no lie!
So I was disappointed that the brown spots did not disappear on my face either and complained. My doc gave me Q-switch laser on my face no charge and ALL the brown spots fell off! After that I could appreciate the skin tightening fraxel repair did. Maybe you could ask your doctor for an alternative for the brown spots.
That is a lot of pain medication for a procedure they claim is "slightly uncomfortable". They should just be honest and say that it is painful. In addition, I did not see any diffrence in my skin.
With topical analgesic alone it would hurt. I had perhaps 10 - 20 nerve block injections plus topical analgecic and a shot of demoral. I was expecting the worst but it never happened.
I dont remember which it was but I do remember how much it hurt.I had a topical analgesic and took a valium prior to the procedure. Trust me...the pain was unbearable. The point is... that they claim it to be slightly uncomfortable. This is not true.
Did you have Fraxel Repair or Fraxel Restore. $2000 sounds like Fraxel Restore. With the proper pain killers, there is virtually no pain.
Any other side affects?
Did you have any negative affects on your skin?