Pain and High Cost with Little Result - Boston, MA

I had the more advanced fraxel procedure in which...

I had the more advanced fraxel procedure in which repeated treatments are not necessary. Dr told me it would help with skin tightening, but there would be limited down time. Instead, I had significant burning, almost equal to what I would have had from a conventional laser treatment, but with very little result. It helped removed some of my discoloration, but not completely. It did nothing for skin tightening or pore size improvement. It also burned underneath one eye, leaving a pock mark and dark discoloration. I certianly would not do this treatment again, I am not happy with the results and was very unhappy with the amount of down time (1 week of completely bloody face). There were 4 full days of burning sensation -- no sleep, etc. It was really terrible.

Ann Sera

My doctor did not inform me correctly about the level of pain or the effectiveness of the procedure. Additionally, the doctor said she would treat my neck, and then did not.

Fawn, this review is for Repair, not Restore (which you must have had if you had five treatments). I had Repair done, and I had an especially nasty acne flare-up after it was healed -- maybe 10 days after the procedure. I think that is not an uncommon reaction. I agree with you that there are shills on this site, pushing procedures and certain doctors. You have to read everything with a good dose of skepticism. Vanity Ann, I found the procedure amazingly painful as well. Can you update us on whether you are any more satisfied with the results now that time has passed? It does take three to four months to see real changes.
I have just tried the second out of 5 treatments on a lower setting and today is day 6. my whole face is FULL of white heads, and some bloody one, Still Very Swollen and Red. I am getting scared and upset. i have never had any kind acne other then a single pimple once in awhile around my period only. I see comments on this blog site that look like they come from the people pushing this treatment! are we all just an experiment???
Did your doctors not tell you that you may not see results for up to 7 months. The collegn has to rejuvenate itself. I have had 2 treatments & see a difference around my mouth & the tightness of my skin on the neck. Yes, there is some discomfort, but aren't you choosing to do this to yourself ?