Two Terrible Facelifts - Overland Park, KS

In first facelift, the Dr. walked into the...

In first facelift, the Dr. walked into the pre-surgery consultation and glared at me as if he hated me. Previous consultations had been normal and pleasant. He'd been recommended & I thought it was just a mood. In that surgery, he anchored my face downward, and I looked much worse than before.

In 2nd facelift, 9 mos. later, he left right side looser, and still did not lift my mouth as he'd promised numerous times. (I've now learned, a mouth lift is usually not part of a facelift.) And my face is too hollow and narrow, giving me an old appearance.

Ongoing nightmare

Since being discharged by Dr. Gutek because I didn't immediately accept his proposal of a third facelift, my nightmare continues. I can never forget his extreme mood swings, or that he was in a seething rage before my first surgery and anchored my face downward. His constant cynical lying and contempt, and my resultant appearance, haunt me more because I honestly feel I was the victim of a crime by someone with a personality disorder. My previously happy-looking face is more like a death mask. When in public I can never forget to try to "smile," so I can look a little more like myself, but I'll never feel like myself again.
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

I was promised something that he ultimately admitted could not be done. I look worse than when I went to him. My medical records are erroneous and surgery notes so brief that they won't help another dr., and he has refused to expand them. He was shockingly hostile to me before the first surgery, and ridiculing of me on 3 occasions.

I'm so sorry about your unhappy result. We'd love to see your photos so we can visualize what you're describing. Pictures really help others embarking on a similar journey so much!

I've just posted a new question/comment for the surgeons and I've included a photo with that. It is called, "Why I need a Third Revision?" They told me it will be on the site in a few days.

Great! I hope they give you some helpful feedback. We'd still love to see your photo in this space. Most importantly, I hope the site can help you find a surgeon who will do a fabulous revision for you.

His lack of professionalism was appalling. My heart goes out to you for having to endure two terrible facelift experiences. Thanks for the warning. It's good of you to share.

Welcome to RealSelf, Lilacs. I'm sorry to hear about your experience but thanks nonetheless for sharing with us.