3 Photo Facials Later and my Giant Sun Spot is Still There! - Overland Park, KS

Last year, I developed a penny sized sun spot on...

Last year, I developed a penny sized sun spot on my cheek. Because I'm so pale, it stands out horribly. I visited my local med spa and was told I would only need two IPL photofacial sessions to remove it. I went ahead and bought a package of three sessions, thinking my remaining session could be used for laser hair removal. I'm only in my early 30's and have no other marks on my face. Well, 3 photofacial sessions later and it's still just as big and just as dark as ever. I feel ripped off. The only upside to the experience was a small reduction in surface veins.

Rajeunir Medical Spa

I chose this provider based on local reputation. I did not have the results I was expecting. I did not feel like they really cared about making my experience satisfying. Before one of my sessions, I showed up and the building was locked with a note saying everyone was at lunch. It was 2 in the afternoon! I ended up waiting outside the door for someone to come and reopen the office.

I'm sorry to hear you are feeling ripped off, that is a bad feeling. :-/ Keep in mind that everyone does react differently to treatments, so unfortunately even best guesses on how many treatments are needed aren't always accurate. Still, that doesn't really help with the disappointment when you don't see results. Have you considered going to see a board certified dermatologist to hear what they would suggest as a treatment?