Disappointed

Dr. Singhal performed a face and neck lift and CO2...

Dr. Singhal performed a face and neck lift and CO2 fractional laser treatment on me in November under his affiliation with Lifestyle Lift. I know the terrible reputation of LSL, but he convinced me that it all depends on the surgeon, and I felt that he had good credentials. My whole experience was horrible and I'm so sorry I didn't back out at the stage where I met with the doctor prior to surgery. He did not provide adequate information on the surgical procedure and what to expect post-op. He did not look at my face or carefully assess and measure it to make sure he was doing both sides the same. During the surgery, there were complications that caused me to have a large seroma on the left side that now has turned into scar tissue and a disfigured face. The right cheek is also disfigured with dents and ridges. My already thin face has lost a great amount of volume, especially on the cheek bones. The doctor removed too much fat from my left jaw line and it is higher than the right jaw line. My neck is puckered at the top and ropey looking.

I had a terrible experience with LSL. The other doctor and the office manager were very aggressive and intimidating when I met with them regarding my problems. I appealed to LSL for a refund with no success. It is impossible to deal with anyone but a patient services rep.

I now have to find another plastic surgeon to try to correct some of the problems caused by Dr. Singhal. I'm not looking forward to the next year or so of trying to get this mess resolved. I'm writing this review to hopefully prevent others from making the same huge mistake that I made.

Still evaluating solutions.

Still evaluating solutions.
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Pleasant personality, but not thorough at all in describing the procedure and getting my input about how I expect to look after the surgery. My face looks nothing like it did before the surgery, and I was expecting only to lose my jowls and tighten my neck area. I believe the doctor used a cookie-cutter approach that is normally used on people with larger jowls and sagging necks, so he removed too much in my case. I am devastated with my appearance!

When I said in a recent post that "this area" is one of the few left in which victims are disposed of as if they were lepers...," I was referring to the area of plastic surgery, not the area of Kansas City. Just wanted to clarify that. I feel sure that there are criminals in every city who get away with anything they want at the expense of naive patients. Today, victims of violence and harm, including stalking, rape, or child abuse, are sympathized with and protected. In the area of plastic surgery, victims are too often shunned, ignored, even blamed. Patients who have good outcomes are lucky. The field of plastic surgery should not be like playing roulette in a gambling casino ... but it is.
Agree completely!
I'm so sorry to hear about your horrible experience. I, too, have had horrible face surgeries in the Kansas City area -- from Eugene Bortnick and Philip Gutek. My view is that these types do not care about patients, so they don't bother to tell the truth or be capable of doing what they promise. What they are getting away with is criminal, but this area is one of the few left in which victims are disposed of as if they were lepers in the 11th century. I can suggest you see Dr. Andrews at KU. I found him to be very kind and caring, and I felt "heard," which is an important part of the healing process.
Thank you for sharing your experience on RealSelf!
I yell at the TV every time I see the LSL advertisement. "Your results may vary"...no kidding!! You are in my thoughts. Please let us know when you find an expert to fix what was done to your face. So sorry you had to go thru this. ~Hugs~
Oh I am so, so sorry for your treatment. I honestly don't know how LSL can continue to do business given all the many complaints there have been about it. I pray you find a good surgeon to correct what has been done and you will be happy with your appearance. Thinking of you........