Work in Process - Overland Park, KS

I had my first ematrix treatment yesterday. I paid...

I had my first ematrix treatment yesterday. I paid $2,065 for 4 treatments. I was told that I wouldn't start seeing results until after the second treatment so its too early to comment on the effectiveness of ematrix. I am 52 years old and wanted the procedure primarily to address the wrinkles and crepiness under my eyes, although I had my entire face done. The procedure was done on the second B level. I had the topical analgesic applied, but I must warn you it was extremely painful to me. I had 110 zaps applied and could not continue to the full 125. I do have a low threshold of pain but I am hoping that I will be able to hang in there for all of my next treatment. My face turned bright red initially although it settled down enough to go to dinner that evening. However, the next morning I was quite red and puffy. My next treatment is in a month and I will continue my review after the second session.

American Laser

The staff is very professional and knowledgeable about their services, however there are no doctors or RNs at the facility. My rating for the doctor is really for the clinician that performed the service.

Goldaisy, my mom is getting ematrix done at ALC also. Her problem is primarily scarring. It has only been 2 treatments so far. No visible results yet, but maybe it's too soon to tell.

Good luck with your treatment. Please keep us posted.
Yes it did make me a little nervous, but the staff seemed very experienced and well trained in the procedure, so I was comfortable enough to book it. I believe the facility is "overseen" by an MD and runs under that MD's license, but the doctors aren't actually on sight. Even though everything went well, I honestly would be more comfortable if at least an RN was on sight.

Yeah, I don't blame you for feeling that way. I'm glad everything turned out fine with your first treatment though. Please keep us updated as you heal & go to your other treatments.

You included a lot of good info in a very brief amount of writing - well done!

So I have to ask, does it make you nervous at all going to a facility that isn't overseen by a doctor?