I Love It! - Overland Park, KS

I had Active Fx 6 days ago and I am thrilled....

I had Active Fx 6 days ago and I am thrilled. Before I did it, I asked my doctor if she thought I would need a face life and she said no. Since I'm 64 I was dubious, but I really think she's right.

It erased most of my wrinkles and really tightened my face. My doctor said that she thought it would improve wrinkles on the outer edge of my forehead. That's about the only area it didn't improve. I might continue to need injectables in my chin area but my doctor said to wait a few months because this will get even better.

The procedure itself was comfortable. I took a Vicodin about one half hour before it started and with that and the numbing cream, I was essentially pain free. I was able to drive home (3 hours drive) afterward.
Recuperation was uneventful. I had one day of itchy, burny pain and that's the only day I didn't take pain killers. By Saturday, 4 days after the procedure, I was able to go out in public.

I look great six days after, and, although my doctor recommends having it done every year to year and a half, I'm going to repeat it in four months for quick start.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the procedure and/or the doctor. I know that other people have had problems (my husband's dentist is still bright red several months after) but my doctor said that people who have problems tend to be people with lots of sun damage or ones who had an over exuberant operator.

Dr. Marti Byers (Medcosmetic)

She has been doing anti-aging medicine for a number of years. I chose her because I've been going to her for Botox and Restalyn for some time and she knows her medicine.

Thanks for sharing your experience with the treatment! Seemed like it went really well for you, compared to other's stories. If possible, would love to see some before and after pictures. Thank you.
Loving it more and more on day 12.
Glad to hear your pleased but..........you are only 6 days out!

The MD's recommendation that it be REPEATED every "year and a half"???

This procdure is why many here continue question this treatment. The repeat ordeal and Expense..hmmmmmmmmmmmm

We continue to request individuals on the Forum to get back to all of us 1-2 years AFTER for their final consumer opnions.
This was not "sold" to me as something that was permanent. Nothing I have read about it would give the impression that it's permanent. Going in, I knew it would be something that would have to be repeated. After all, I don't buy a peach and expect it be able to eat it two months later. Everything rots. Nothing's permanent, even a face lift.
Unfortunately, I won't be able to give a final 1-2 year opinion. I will have it repeated as soon as possible. I will do everything in my power to avoid surgery, but if it comes to that, I will have a face lift, too.
I used the word sold because the doc didn't recommend it to me-I asked her about it.

HI Nice,

Welcome to the Active FX community. Awesome everything worked out so well for you. You mentioned you were going to go every 4 months although your doctor recommended a year to a year and a half, is that OK for your skin? Did you peel at all? Please keep us updated how everything goes with your next treatment. And we would love to see pictures if you have them.

Thanks so much,

-Britt

No, I'm not going to go every 4 months-didn't mean to give that impression. Just that I'm going to have it done in 4 months to "jump start" things, and then every 1-1/2 years.
Yes, I peeled, and still have a few places on the sides of my face yet to go.
It was, however, a piece of cake and I think that the doctor's skill is why is was so successful.