Don't Do It! - Overland, KS

I had a thread lift done by a board certified...

I had a thread lift done by a board certified plastic surgeon 7 years ago. Six threads were used for jaw, mid-face, and forehead. Immediately after I left the office a large dimple occurred in the middle of my cheek. The doctor was going on vacation immediately afterward and was not responsive. My face was strangely lopsided so he replaced a thread a few weeks later when he returned but avoided my concern about the crater in the middle of my cheek.

When the unsightly dimple didn't resolve in several months I made an appointment but he was not there....only the nurse who told me it wasn't so bad and would probably get better in time then tried to sell me skin care products. I made another appointment to see the actual doctor about it a month or so later, but when I arrived, they told me I had canceled it. I see he is still doing these to people.

Seven years later I still had a shallow longish dimple until I had a real facelift and the ps removed the threads. I looked worse after the threadlift than I did before, though a bit smoother in the jaw area, though any positive effects were gone after a few weeks. I've learned that quick fixes are no bargain in time or money in the long run.

Doctor C is a real charmer...more charm and sales pitch than knowledge and integrity which is why he scored high on "bedside manner!" Just because someone is board certified doesn't always guarantee results!

I am so surprised at the negative comments about the thread lift. I had it done about 9 years ago and was totally pleased. My mouth looked a little stretched for about a week but relaxed. I would say the benefits lasted about 5 years. I found the procedure relatively painless and would do it again if I could find a doctor in my area. Mine was done in OP, KS, and I have since moved to TX.
Your post that you were able to have the threads removed after 7 years is the first ray of hope I've had in years. I've been in agony since my threadlift in Jan. 2006. i know a facelift it the only way they can be removed but none of the 6 plastic surgeons i consulted will do it. i won't go back to the idiot who did this to me. can you direct me to the doctor who did your facelift and removed your threads?

I had the silhouette lift "thread lift" in 2009, Don't do it! I supposedly was a good candidate, not so. The thread showed on my cheek and he made me wait 3 months so it would heal. I requested he take the thread out, and he tried to fix it instead, guess what...it's been 2 1/2 years and it still shows. I'm going to have a mini facelift or have them removed, even if it means a couple of small incisions on each cheek to pull them out. I was told by another Dr that he doesn't do them anymore, they don't last and the majority of patients are not happy with them.

Thread lifts are a waste of time and money....I had it done in hope of improving my naso folds and lifting my face, what a disaster and a horrble expense.