Not So Blind! - Ottawa, ON

I wore glasses and contacts since I was in grade 1...

I wore glasses and contacts since I was in grade 1. I was as blind as a bat with out them. I usually always wore contacts and having a 6.5 prescription on the right and a -7.5 astigmatism on the left, glasses and contacts weren't cheap. I figured that over 10 years the surgery would pay for it self.

The consultation went quickly, there were 3 different rooms to visit with 3 experts. The first they checked my prescription. The second dilated my pupils and took the measurements of my eye balls. The last was payment and questioning. I decided to pay the extra couple hundred for the guarantee, it also includes touch ups and regular check ups.

The of the surgery there was about an hour wait once I arrived. They thankfully have snacks, coffee and, tea in the waiting room. The optometrist gave me some drops, sunglasses and explained the care and so on before the surgery. You get to sleep with sunglasses for 3 days! The procedure was quick. First they put different drops in your eyes, then you get to lay down and they strap a machine to your head. You are awake for the whole thing. It was weird when they made the "flap" and opened my eye. I didn't feel a thing but I could see (somewhat).

After the surgery I waited for 45 minutes in the waiting room so they so verify my flaps were staying down. The numbing wore off and I had trouble opening my eyes. It wasn't painful but more annoying it felt like I had sand in my eyes and of course had to try bit to rub them.

As soon as I got home I went to bed. I woke up the next day and I couldn't believe it. I could see everything. Even better than I ever saw with glasses! So amazing!

It's now been over a year and my vision is still better than 20/20. I would recommend laser eye surgery to anyone who wears glasses or contacts. The recovery time was 1 day back to work, 10 days with drops and sunglasses.

Hi there, welcome and thanks for sharing your journey,

Glad everything worked out well for you. I've always considered this type of procedure, I'm just always worried about something going wrong! ;-)
It was really great! I couldn't be happier!
LASIK MD clinic

Amazing clinic, the doctor and all the staff were great! Better than I could have asked for. Thank you!