Cancer on my Nose - Gone and Forgotten!

I had a skin cancer on my nose and I was nervous...

I had a skin cancer on my nose and I was nervous about the cancer and how I would look afterwards. I can honestly say, Dr Bonaparte walked me through the entire process and never did I feel alone or unclear. Such a great experience. I had this done in a hospital he works at and not his private cosmetic clinic. The nurses were excellent and I didn't feel nervous at all after I spoke to everyone. Its nice that he has access to both his cosmetic clinic (i met him there) and the hospital. I seen Dr Bonaparte 1 week before he did the surgery. I couldn't believe how quickly I went from seeing my family doctor to having the procedure, I think it was under 2 weeks.

A very positive experience under such a difficult circumstance.
Ontario Facial Plastic Surgeon

I always say, half of your experience in a hospital or getting treated by a doctor is communication and information. Dr Bonaparte excels in this regard. You know he is busy, but you never feel rushed. You'd expect someone who looks so young to have less experience, but this was not the case at all! I was so nervous about this cancer and the possible procedure. But after two minutes, I felt so comfortable and at ease. He removed the cancer from my nose and repaired it using skin from around the hole. I saw a picture of how big it was and I'm very surprised how good it looks. At no point did i feel pain, discomfort and anxiety. As I mentioned, its amazing how much communication helps. But I am very happy, even with such a big hole from the surgery, the scar looks great and its barely noticeable and its only been a few weeks. I would recommend Dr Bonaparte to anyone.

Thanks so much for offering your opinion on your doctor.

With more detail about your experience - such as tips for getting good results, pros/cons, before & after photos - our team can add your story to the facial reconstruction community.  Simply add an update to your review with this information.