Big Expectations....Wrong Doctor - Orlando, FL

I had saved $$$ for awhile as I researched which...

I had saved $$$ for awhile as I researched which procedure I wanted. I went to several consults and sadly went for the doctor who spends alot on marketing and advertising to get you in the door and his LOW prices.

I wanted Smartlipo which my doctor calls his own AquaLipo,he owns the Trademark, which I should have realized is another marketing ploy.

The office was pleasant, the consultation good but I guess they hire actresses and ex-used car sales people to sell because once I had paid, everything went down hill from there. I arrived for the procedure early and wasn't seen for 2 hours. The girl at the front desk told me the doctor was running behind and noone really cared too much that I had been waiting so long. The staff that had been so attentive and friendly at my consult were cold and didnt even know my name once I had paid and showed up for my procedure.

Once I was finally seen, I was measured, pictures taken, marked by the doctor and then taken in to the procedure room and laid down. I was not given medication to relax me or anything. The room was cold and I was wide awake (which is one of the reasons I picked the procedure to avoid general anesthesia but something to relax me would have been nice) but once the doctor got started, it was painful, cold and the doctor who was the perfect doctor during the consult was short with me, unconcerned that I was in pain.

He kept telling me I should be numb and feel nothing, (while I could see the nurse rolling her eyes at him irritated with me) but I explained I felt everything and he continued on anyhow. Finally I did get numb but it didnt matter since he was about done by then. The doctor was rough and kept going outside of the areas that he numbed so basically I felt every bit of that. Really uncomfortable and overall not anything I would recommend.

It has been 6 months and I still have fat in the area where he did the procedure.

I recently went to a doctor a friend referred and he told me the area had bearly been evacuated and had lots to be removed left and other than the little scars looks as if I had not even had lipo of any sort. I am 5'9 and weight 130, so I am not a big girl by any means, just a few pockets I wanted removed and they are still there.

When I went for the follow up appointment, the doctor told me I still had swelling to go down, (other patients I researched said he tells them the same thing at the 6 month mark also, buying time or what??) this was 6 months later and no difference. This procedure only took 20 minutes once I was finally numbed and I understand from my research, it should have lasted much longer.

A girlfriend of mine had the same procedure done across town at another doctor and said hers was very pleasant, she felt very little, her saddle bags and abs are totally gone and it took hers 3 hours total for 3 areas and she was totally evacuated of fat in each area. I have heard that this is how Smartlipo is supposed to be, not in my case.

After doing my research, I found this doctor has had MANY issues from MANY patients unsatisfied for almost the same reason, he is a numbers based guy apparently instead of quality, so trust me when I say do your research. I fell for his marketing scheme and his charming seminar and come to find out he is only an eye doctor.

I am scheduled for actual Smartlipo, not Aqualipo, at another doctor, my friend recommendation later this month, so I will update post procedure from that outcome.

Thanks to each of you for your input. I am so sorry for bad results and procedures endured, but again, thank you for sharing this. I will be seeing a double-board certified plastic surgeon in the area for my procedure, and am confident that he is the right choice. (It is important that the board certification is actually in plastic surgery.)From what I have heard, the others in Orlando metro doing Smartlipo are actually a board certified urologist and an opthamologist. I really hope everyone else out there considering the procedure is able to understand the distinction, and go to the surgeon who is actually board certified in what he will be doing for your procedure. This can be tricky business! Good luck to everyone looking into these matters.
wow im very surprised i seen him on youtube and i seen he was on a few news channels im from nebraska and i heard about him so to see this is shocking to me i am very sorry about your experience i guess you really cant tell who is experienced or not i hope you get everything fixed. i just had smart lipo in my outer/inner thighs the banana and knees so far so good but its only bin 6 days so im still bruised and swollen.

Hi April -- Thank you for writing such a helpful review for others considering the procedure. I'm so sorry to hear about your bad results. :( I hope the re-do is better for you! Can't wait to hear how it goes, so please keep us posted.

Dr. Bassin

Doctor B has a very good marketing department and seminar program which WOWS you, but once they take your payment, it all goes downhill from there. Very dissatisfied with my procedure result, with Doctors beside manners, with staffs friendliness post-consult and understand I am not the only person feeling this way after doing more research. I felt like a number.