Tyndall Effect from Juvederm Too Superficially Injected Under Eyes - Orlando, FL

When Juvederm is injected too superficially under...

When Juvederm is injected too superficially under the eyes will it be absorbed by the body quicker than if it had been (correctly) placed under the muscle? I am hoping this situation doesn't last a whole year.

I had Juvederm injected 3 months ago for some hollowing underneath my eyes. Unfortunately, the dermatologist used a "superficial" technique leaving me with a Tyndall effect. I also had prolonged swelling for over six weeks because of the trauma to the thin skin in this area. I had severe bruising as well.

Because I have a extremely sensitive skin a second opinion from a PS office recommended not to use the enzyme to dissolve the juvederm since I would likely have an adverse reaction to that and a possible case of prolonged swelling again.

So.... I have spent more than the cost of the juvederm having custom make up to cover the blue....also wearing that much concealer has caused new wrinkles that I did not have before in this area.

This was a bad decision for me, which I regret. However, if the dermatologist had injected under the muscle I do think I would have gotten the results I was seeking.

Anyway, I am saddened by my current appearance, hiding my eyes behind glasses and feeling very self conscious. I hope that the only caveat in this situation would be maybe that the juvederm being more superficial would be absorbed more quickly by the body since it's getting a lot of movement from facial expressions and massage, etc.

Suggestions? Advice?

The Juvederm was definitely NOT worth it in the...

The Juvederm was definitely NOT worth it in the tear troughs...never again. But the hyalurinadase was definitely worth it.

I am so glad that nightmare is over.....the enzyme...

I am so glad that nightmare is over.....the enzyme was the best thing I could have done in this situation.

Injection technique was incorrect causing me much swelling, embarassment and additional costs to correct (or cover up) the situation. Left me looking older and more tired than I looked before the procedure. The physician and office staff worked with me over several months to resolve the situation.