Had my Lips Done But........... - Orlando, FL

Yesterday I had my lips done but I'm not liking...

Yesterday I had my lips done but I'm not liking what it looks like. It was very painful despite the Lidocane cream applied before the injections. I'm not a baby but this hurt a lot. Now my left upper lip is still swollen more than the right side. What I really don't like is somehow my jowls are more accentuated. I think it may be because the lips are pushing downward being so swollen. Anyway, I'm not liking what I see so far. Has anyone else had this happen? I guess it's not that unusual but I'm certainly disappointed.

Day 4 not much better

My lower lip is really bruised on one side. The top lip is still duck looking and still numb in the middle. Also on the inside of the top lip in the middle it feels like a small sore. Not happy. The office called on Thursday and I said how swollen my lips were and the receptionist said she would tell the person who did my lips but I didn't receive an return call. Should it still be numb and painful?

Still sore

It will be a week tomorrow that I had my lips done. The top is still swollen and right in the middle of the top lip is a very sore lump. There is now some bruising on the top lip too. The bruise on my bottom lip is gradually going away. Never, ever again will I do this to my face. She also wanted to inject my cheeks. Thank God I said no. I can't imagine what I'd look like had I let her do that.

Looks good but........

It will be 2 weeks tomorrow since I had my lips done. They look very nice but I still have several very sore spots, especially the middle of the top lip. You know how when you put lipstick on you kinda mush your lips together, well when I do that it hurts. All that aside, they look very nice and natural but if I decide to have them done again I'll go somewhere else.

Just wait it out..seriously...2 weeks sure some swelling with go away even most of the big swelling...but I have found that if you wait a full 1 - 2 months finally you will see that you have lips that you really love! Unfortunately it really takes this long in my experience for everything to settle and find its place...Juveraderm is good for lips and BAD for eyes, trust me I found out the hard way. Report back to us in 2 months, I bet you will love your lips! Cheers!
Hi, I really feel your pain! I had my lips done with juverderm for the first time on Wednesday (3 says ago) I was told the swelling would be mostly gone with in a day or 2, which it isn't. When I callled they said oh sometimes it takes 2 weeks. I went to work today and everyone asked whst I had done to my lips. I just hope it is,swelling and that it fully disappears in the 6 month! My upper lip protrudes and looks silly! Especially to people who know me. ,Hopefully yours settles down soon. And Remember it's not forever! Tc x
Thanks, there are so many people who love their Juvederm lips that I thought mine would go well. I'm in the same boat as you. Mine were done 3 days ago too and are still swollen and weird looking. Let's hope ours settle down and we too are happy with the results.
My lips were done 3 months ago with juavaderm ultra and they looked ridiculous for 2 full months. I had less than 1 ml in my lips but they looked freakish and duckish. They have gone down a lot now but still have strange inside bumps on the lower lip. They do look pretty nice overall now but i find i have to unline (make smaller) the outside of my lips with the lip liner bcuz otherwise it looks like a bad hollywood plastic surgery botch job. Hang in there and next time just do a little to start you can always top up later. Cheers!
Thanks for the comment. Since it was my first time I had no idea how much or how little should be used. I'll know better next time......if there is a next time.
Don't worry! Most of the swelling goes down after 1 week. At 2 weeks, all the swelling will be gone and you can see your final result! That was my experience anyway..
I certainly hope so Michelle, thanks for your encouragement.