Mixed Feelings - Orlando, FL

Having surgery in 2 days..excited and scared at...

Having surgery in 2 days..excited and scared at the same time..im not happy with the way my eyes look at this age. It has helped me by reading others experience with this procedure. I will update my experience and hope my storie is helpful to others. Send prayers my way. I will try to post pics also. Excited scared excited..

Surgery went well..vision just cleared up but was...

Surgery went well..vision just cleared up but was expected to take time. still swollen but i can tell its going to be worth it. :-)

Feeling good today..still swollen but no pain

Feeling good today..still swollen but no pain

Today is my 5th day since surgery.i go for my ck...

Today is my 5th day since surgery.i go for my ck up today.alot of swelling went down from yesterday.can't wait to get the stitches out next wk.

Still stitched bruised and swollen..but getting...

Still stitched bruised and swollen..but getting better every day..

update

3wks post surgery.. Looking and feeling better..

bump

I have this bump in the corner of my eye. It came and went 2wks ago but now its back..
Orlando Oculoplastic Surgeon

Recommended by doctor.

Thanks i feel good about it all..I'm looking forward to the future of what it will look like..
You look fabulous Dahling!
Had this surgery on May 1st. Stitches come out on Monday. Can't believe how numb eyelids are. Have no feeling on eyelashes or upper lids and amazes me how each eye is healing independent of the other. Don't know about you but I bruised horribly all the way down to cheek bones. Didn't go under general anesthetic either. Just one little 'ole happy pill is all I got before being escorted into the surgical suite! Hope 6 weeks from now I'll be happier than I am right now. I had it strictly because of losing peripheral vision at age 60! Good luck to you.
Lizzietahoe1369 and breezysb, I Had my surgery March 20th, the numbness goes away. S l o w l y... but mine is starting to fade. Takes longer for nerves to repair than it does for skin. My dr said in most cases 8 to 12 weeks, but it can take up to a year in some people! I think I'm going to be 12 weeks-ish. I bruised a lot too, but I also had a midface lift. Although, I quit all the stuff they told me to quit like aspirin, ibuprophin. My dr gave me a long list. I took arnica tabs, that helped a lot. Pineapple helps a lot too, something in it helps the healing process. I bought one, peeled and chopped it up, then another, then another. I do love pineapple:-) Good luck, I'm sure you'll be happy with your results. Oh and stock up on frozen peas, they're the perfect ice pack but they defrost pretty quickly, so get several so you can rotate. My are mashed peas now, so I'll be tossing them. Have fun. Start the arnica tabs NOW if you haven't already
Did you continue using the Arnica tabs post op? I've finished mine and I'm only taking the Super Bromelain the doctor had me begin taking one week pre-op for swelling/bruising too. Yeah, those peas defrost quickly. I found frozen corn works well too. Kinda molds to the eyes. I've heard the same thing about pineapple and like you... I LOVE IT. It's just the under eye puffiness that's really annoying. Any suggestions other than waiting it out? LOL
Wish I had the cure for ya:-) But yes, the arnica helps bruising, so keep using it. Cold helps the swelling, eye drops help a lot to if your eyes are irritated. The Refresh tears. I think the irritation extends the swelling, the eyedrops have helped a lot. Other than the usual, it's just time. Long time. Seems like FOREVER!
Yeah, I think I reached FOREVER today. LOL It's Mother's Day and here I sit... not wanting to be seen like this at a restaurant with my family. Will wait and celebrate next week as the stitches come out tomorrow. Eyes just so heavy and tired. Glasses I was wearing pre surgery don't seem to be helping now. Everything in a blurry state. Maybe all of this is normal. Will get update on all of this when I see doctor tomorrow. I'll grab some more Arnica as well - especially if they will continue to help with the bruising. Thanks.
I had the problem with blurry eyes. Dr told me refresh drops (tears) every hour. Apparently after surgery, sometimes our eyes don't stay closed all time while we sleep. Causing dryness, and blurry vision.
Thanks for your input. Saw doctor today - 12 days post op. He was thrilled with my results thus far. He removed the stitches (said everything is healing just as it should), drained my tear ducts (weird feeling) and removed the slight bit of scabbing left. Said no makeup on the eyelids for another week, however, I can wear eyeliner on the bottom lids and mascara if I want to. Bruising is much better today albeit still very noticeable to me. Post op appt. the end of June when he said I should have a real good idea of what the end result should look like. Have to keep the ointment on the incision area - 3-4 times a day and yes... the Refresh drops in both eyes as often as I can. Doctor said blurry vision is to be expected but will subside in time. He will do another eye exam at June appointment to see how much my peripheral has changed before he writes final prescription for new glasses. Phew! Soooo, looks like I'm on the way to mending - or at least... I hope!
Yeaaaa! Now the waiting really begins... I'm right there with ya!
Thanks for sharing, I am 58 years old and am considering upper. It does make me feel good when all you guys are sharing pics and comments! You are going to be sooo happy!! I can't wait till I can wear mascara again haven't been able to for 8 months due to droopy...
I am 6 week post op today. What day post op are you? It looks like its coming along great! Just see how even more fabulous you'll look by end of next week! :)
Thanks guys for the support..i feel great today and I'm looking better every day..headed to church this morning with some cute sunglasses. :-) gotta dry the hair..ttyl
Looking awesome Anita, I know your swollen ad bruised but I can see that it will be a great result!
Sorry, faced backwards:-)
Looks terrific. I think your results are coming along great. I was much more bruised, I had a midface lift done at the same time, and I think that's the cause. I was so swollen my eyelashes face backwards:-) kinda creepy.
Hang in there. I am 10 days post op and thrilled with my results. The 1st 3-5 days are a bit rough, but then it gets better.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Dr bassin.
Thanks for the support..i feel good just look rough..
Thank heavens. I'll be 11 days PO tomorrow and still waiting for that 'happy' feeling! LOL