Lobster Face - Orlando, FL

I went to a day spa for microdermabrasion and she...

I went to a day spa for microdermabrasion and she recommended I get a cosmelan treatment. She applied the treatment and told me to leave it on for 9hrs.

Day 1 my skin was lobster red and swollen. Then day 2 was even redder, cracked and blistered. I thought is was running its natural course till my eyes(almost swollen shut) & unable to open my mouth(blistered). This continued for 4 days till I went to my MD and she said that it was an allergic reaction and gave me a steroid shot.

My mistake was not having it applied by nurse/MD.

Day Spa

Was not a nurse or MD

Hi barbellranch I am sorry that you had to go trough a bad experience did you say you had this done in orlando do you have the name of the dermatologyst that recomend cosmelan I had this done couple years ago i worked for me .
if you please send me his or her name i really appreciated.

I had a few brown spots and brown freckles on my cheeks.I went to see a dermatologist he recommended cosmelan treatment.He wanted 1800 I'm happy I didn't lose my mind and paid that amount.So I went to a spa and had it done.It was my worst nightmare the first day my face was red and the following day my face was lookin raw and burned.The third day when I woke up my entire face was full of blisters and looked like I got burned.It was like if someone had sprinkled hot oil over my entire face.I was devastated I went to the emergency because my face was hurting so bad I looked like a monster.The doctor gave my a cream and antibiotic Its been two weeks and all the blistereds are drying but now I had three times more dark spots that I had before.Now it will be more expensive for me to get rid of these black spots.I don't recommend this product if I had known I would have had a terrible reaction I would have never done it. Think before don't be like me.Right now all I do is hide from people my self esteem is to the ground I don't know how long it will be before I be myself again.

Hi Barbellranch,

Welcome to the community. How are you doing today, did the steroid help? It sounds so painful what you are going through. Please keep us updated and thanks for the review.

Thanks,