Did Not Work and Now I Have Tmj! -Orlando, FL

They told me my case would only take 8 months. In...

They told me my case would only take 8 months. In November 20 months after I started treatment my Doctor said they could not make my teeth any straighter! They are not straight and my jaw constantly aches! Don't waist your money like I did!

I was diligent about keeping liners on and driving 30 miles to my every 3 week appointments. I went to see a real orthodontist and he told me this "liner" type of braces are only good for a 75% straightening. If you are going to spend thousands of dollars look at real peoples results. The Drs will only show you good results. The get money from Clear correct.

Now my dentist says he will not use clear correct anymore because I'm not the only unhappy patient he has! Heat, so I was the experiment and I'm out 3k and still have crooked teeth! Nice. Do your homework people! In Orlando the best is dr Macintosh! My daughter has been under his care for 6 months and her teeth are beautiful! Spend the extra $ and do it right. Going luck all!

Hi Smithli, I wanted to let you know we have spoken with your doctor to see if we might be able to assist with troubleshooting for your case. They are aware of multiple solutions for your case, and would like to discuss these options with you further. We recommend contacting your doctor to discuss these options.
Thank you for reviewing your doctor here on RealSelf!

I'm so sorry you are unhappy with your result.  It seems like alignment problems  are quite common with clear braces (I had Invisalign and am left with a posterior open bite from the aligners and the clear retainers, though my teeth are definitely as straight as I wanted them to be.  And I've read lots of others with Invisalign who complain of jaw problems.)  From 8 months to 20 sounds crazy, though!  What a hassle for a lackluster result :(.  Are you planning on going on to a different treatment at this point?  Or are you done?

I do wonder what you mean by that they get money from Clear Correct?

Dr. Kenneth Pyle