Breast Reduction Consultation Oct 2nd - Oregon, OR

Hello everyone, I am so happy to have found this...

Hello everyone, I am so happy to have found this site. I have had large breast for a long time and after having my daughter almost 9 months ago, they have not gone done in size! I am now a 40H and so uncomfortable (back issues, rashes ect). I scheduled a consultation for Oct. 2nd with Dr . Busby And am hoping to get my insurance bcbs to cover the surgery! I may add I am 5'3 and 200lbs since its so hard to exercise and I hate shopping since its near impossible to find clothing that fits right. I'm excited to see what's to come but really scared!! I have never been put to sleep but have had a c-section I was awake though. My worst fear is not waking up :( I can handle pain but the thought of being put to sleep scares me so much also know they are cutting through my boobs doesn't settle to well. Lol any advise is much appreciated and thank you all for sharing your stories.

so obsessed..

So obsessed with this site now! Lol I can't wait for my appointment so I can get some answers.

tomorrow!

Tomorrow is my consultation, I am so excited and can't wait to ask a bunch of questions. Since I made the appointment I haven't been able to sleep at all! Then my boyfriend on Saturday proposed! So I've just been so so excited. :) I'm hoping by my wedding I will have smaller boobs and more options on dresses:) we are planning 12.13.14 to get married, so I have some time.any really good questions I should ask tomorrow? Thanks!

consultation went well!

I just got down with my consultation and i was extremely nervous! Dr Busby, seemed fairly confident I will be covered by insurance since they are SL large for my frame.. He would be taking approx 2lbs from each! Surgery is on the books already too for November 15 if goes well.

10/2/13

No bra. Oct.2nd

Pretty bummed.. Dr Busbys office called..they have to change my date for surgery and it sounds like they are just sending my info in today:/

still waiting..

I am still waiting to hear back from my insurance.. The PS seemed fairly sure I would be approved, it hasn't even been a full week yet but I am so anxious! Haha. I may call tomorrow myself to insurance just to check in. During the day when I am home with my daughter I keep reminding myself of all the things I'm not going to be able to do and it scares me..I pick her up a lot, bend over, give her a bath ect. I hope I will be able to do some of these tasks soonish after.:( anybody else have the surgery while having little one at home?

yeast infection..

This is just so gross, but does anybody get yeast infections in their armpits?! I didn't even know that was possible: ( I've been on antibiotics for 2 weeks now and they still itch like crazy. My PS said, with larger breast woman can get these under their breasts and armpits. I was wondering if anybody could relate. Thanks!

br with a baby..

Did any of you ladies have a breast reduction with having a small child / baby at home to take care of? My daughter will be 10 months old for when I have my surgery. How long until I will be able to hold her? Thanks.

got my hopes up..

My mom let me know a letter came in the mail today at her house from insurance, so I got really excited but it wasn't a approval letter just unimportant paperwork:/ I feel like I'm hearing more and more ladies say they didn't get covered lately and I'm so scared! I want this more than anything!!! I'm calling Monday, they said I should hear from them no later than the 22nd and that's Tuesday , so I'm wondering what's going on. I hope I get approved, I need this bad. Did you ladies have to have long term documentation to get the surgery covered? Have any of you been denied/ what for?thanks ladies!!:)

bra

October 19th 2013

letter

I got a letter yesterday saying they need more information:/ so I've been on the phone all day contacting providers I've seen that may be of help in my case. Its been hard since everybody is busy and I'm so anxious lol! I hope I have enough info to get approved. Did any of you ladies have to contact previous Dr, chiropractor ect and get them to send info to insurance?

Approved!!!!

I got a call today at 4:35pm that I had been approved!!! I am thrilled and still in shock. I will have the surgery, November 22nd and spend the night one night. I have a lot of plans for post op, figuring out care for my daughter, car for me, clean house ect. I am so excited, but so so scared!!! I think it really helped that I had my Dr . send in past history with the chiropractor and primary Dr. I have my pre op November 11, anything specific I should ask?

starting to get nervous!

I have my surgery scheduled for the 22nd of November and haven't felt nervous until now. It has just really sunk in that this is really going to happen! My worst fears are..not waking up, being confused when I wake up, the tubes and the care for my daughter while I recover. I would love to talk with some ladies about how they overcame the anxiety (if possible) before surgery. Thanks!!

pre op

Had my pre op today..10days till surgery! I am so nervous, it will be here in no time. I got a lot of questions answered from my PS. Anybody have a recommendation for a post op bra?

almost here!

The 22nd is just around the corner...I have been "nesting" for the surgery, trying to get everything perfect.

I can not believe its almost time..

Okay, I have today then tomorrow until the big day! Yikes! I feel like I have so much stuff still to do. Any last minute things you found helpful for you before surgery?

eeeeek!

Today is the last day I will have these boobs, it seems so surreal. Last night we had a little "going away" celebration, got lots of pictures to look back at:)

the time has come..

I won't probably have time in the morning to get on here, so see you all on the smaller side!!!;)

I made it!

Its 3am here and I got done with surgery back last night around 3. I feel amazing, my pain is under control, when I look down I am so thrilled! I get to see them In the morning and get my tubes out, I will be happy to be in my own bed. Thanks for all the support ladies and look forward to hearing from my boobie buddy!:)

bye bye big boobies!

Pics

new boobs!

Just got see them for the first time..I can't even believe my eyes! I am so happy:)

sore:(

Anybody get lipo on the sides of your breasts? I did and it's so swollen and bruised. Any tips to help this? Also I'm still just wearing a gauze wrap and changing the inside padding alot because I keep leaking through, are you supposed to clean the incisions?Do you have to get a surgical bra or will a supportive sports bra work? Sorry for long post just need some help

pics

Can you ice your breast 3 days post op? Cleaning incision tips?

5 days post op

Things are going pretty good, I had my post op appointment yesterday my PS said everything looks great and that he took about 5lbs off all together! I'm still very sore and am starting to get itchy, this really is the best decision ever!:)

darn..

I went to the doctor and found out I had a infection in my right boob so he had prescribed me antibiotics. 2 days later I was in so much pain and it was so red and swollen I went in and (without telling me he was going to) cuts the area open and pulls out the infected stitches. So now I have a dime size hole that's pretty deep and set back a few week:/ thankfully the pain now isn't as bad as it was now that he removed those stitches! Did anybody else have this?