Breast Reduction Consultation Oct 2nd - Oregon, OR

Hello everyone, I am so happy to have found this...

Hello everyone, I am so happy to have found this site. I have had large breast for a long time and after having my daughter almost 9 months ago, they have not gone done in size! I am now a 40H and so uncomfortable (back issues, rashes ect). I scheduled a consultation for Oct. 2nd with Dr . Busby And am hoping to get my insurance bcbs to cover the surgery! I may add I am 5'3 and 200lbs since its so hard to exercise and I hate shopping since its near impossible to find clothing that fits right. I'm excited to see what's to come but really scared!! I have never been put to sleep but have had a c-section I was awake though. My worst fear is not waking up :( I can handle pain but the thought of being put to sleep scares me so much also know they are cutting through my boobs doesn't settle to well. Lol any advise is much appreciated and thank you all for sharing your stories.

so obsessed..

So obsessed with this site now! Lol I can't wait for my appointment so I can get some answers.
My experience on waking up was a good one.....going to sleep was also so unexpectedly fast....the people in the OR were wonderful ...it seems I fell asleep and like the snap of a finger I was being gently wakened by one of the Recovery nurses....you will be all bandaged up and seem like there is nothing on your chest....and then it just takes time, and patience....It is all worth it!!! I have never felt better in all my life.
Thank you for your sharing your experience, ever since I booked the appointment I haven't been able to sleep! After being on this site I am actual more excited than nervous.:)
Hi Pamela! The waking up thing scares me too! One tip I would have is write down questions for your consult. Since I've been on this site, I've realized so many other things I should be asking!

tomorrow!

Tomorrow is my consultation, I am so excited and can't wait to ask a bunch of questions. Since I made the appointment I haven't been able to sleep at all! Then my boyfriend on Saturday proposed! So I've just been so so excited. :) I'm hoping by my wedding I will have smaller boobs and more options on dresses:) we are planning 12.13.14 to get married, so I have some time.any really good questions I should ask tomorrow? Thanks!
My PS has a scar cream I can get from her office...I assume its a higher grade than available over the counter. Check with your PS. They probably have something to recommend.
I will do that, thanks!
Mine asked me to use Palmer's Cocoa Butter and its doing great. My scars are very faint and yet its been only 2mths. I massage twice/day

consultation went well!

I just got down with my consultation and i was extremely nervous! Dr Busby, seemed fairly confident I will be covered by insurance since they are SL large for my frame.. He would be taking approx 2lbs from each! Surgery is on the books already too for November 15 if goes well.

10/2/13

No bra. Oct.2nd
You are on the right track s/h, you will wear all the camisoles in the world and you will look fab. All the best.

Pretty bummed.. Dr Busbys office called..they have to change my date for surgery and it sounds like they are just sending my info in today:/
I'm sorry. But it will all work out and you'll be smaller in no time. You can certainly pass a lot of time on here with us :-)
Thanks, that is so kind of you! I'm trying to stay positive and you all are so helpful. :)

still waiting..

I am still waiting to hear back from my insurance.. The PS seemed fairly sure I would be approved, it hasn't even been a full week yet but I am so anxious! Haha. I may call tomorrow myself to insurance just to check in. During the day when I am home with my daughter I keep reminding myself of all the things I'm not going to be able to do and it scares me..I pick her up a lot, bend over, give her a bath ect. I hope I will be able to do some of these tasks soonish after.:( anybody else have the surgery while having little one at home?
Thanks! I can not wait:)
Great to know! I scar very easily, so I will be doing all I can.

yeast infection..

This is just so gross, but does anybody get yeast infections in their armpits?! I didn't even know that was possible: ( I've been on antibiotics for 2 weeks now and they still itch like crazy. My PS said, with larger breast woman can get these under their breasts and armpits. I was wondering if anybody could relate. Thanks!
I used to have to use Canestan all the time to stop these yeast infections under my boobs. I hated it. Hasn't been a problem at all since the reduction.
Great to hear, I hope it will be a thing of the past soon for me also!

br with a baby..

Did any of you ladies have a breast reduction with having a small child / baby at home to take care of? My daughter will be 10 months old for when I have my surgery. How long until I will be able to hold her? Thanks.
I'm praying that your insurance covers yours BR. BCBS usually has 30 days to respond. I got my response letter the third week after my PS sent in my claim. I believe you can't lift anything more than 1 pound the first week and 10 pounds the following weeks. I think 6 weeks is when you can carry 10 pounds or more. But you can ask your PS. Hopefully, you'll have someone to come and help you take care of your baby while recovery... I can't wait to read more about your BR journey!! Excited for you!!
I did not have a child when I had my breast reduction, but lifting is out of the question....even opening doors and standing is hard at first.....I hope you have some help with the little girl.....I wish you luck with your reduction.....you will feel so much better....but you will need to be careful for the first month....

got my hopes up..

My mom let me know a letter came in the mail today at her house from insurance, so I got really excited but it wasn't a approval letter just unimportant paperwork:/ I feel like I'm hearing more and more ladies say they didn't get covered lately and I'm so scared! I want this more than anything!!! I'm calling Monday, they said I should hear from them no later than the 22nd and that's Tuesday , so I'm wondering what's going on. I hope I get approved, I need this bad. Did you ladies have to have long term documentation to get the surgery covered? Have any of you been denied/ what for?thanks ladies!!:)

bra

October 19th 2013
Hope that you get your approval soon. I am also with BCBS and will submit my request on November 4. When is your surgery? Good luck to you.
not for sure yet but hoping on November 19th!=) Good luck to you too
Thanks! I'm still waiting...:/ lol can't wait to hear from them!

letter

I got a letter yesterday saying they need more information:/ so I've been on the phone all day contacting providers I've seen that may be of help in my case. Its been hard since everybody is busy and I'm so anxious lol! I hope I have enough info to get approved. Did any of you ladies have to contact previous Dr, chiropractor ect and get them to send info to insurance?
Will this be your first time trying to get it covered?
This will be my first time. And hopefully only time. Keep us posted.
Yes this is my first time and hopefully only time. Sorry you have to get other doctors to write letters. Good luck, keep us posted.

Approved!!!!

I got a call today at 4:35pm that I had been approved!!! I am thrilled and still in shock. I will have the surgery, November 22nd and spend the night one night. I have a lot of plans for post op, figuring out care for my daughter, car for me, clean house ect. I am so excited, but so so scared!!! I think it really helped that I had my Dr . send in past history with the chiropractor and primary Dr. I have my pre op November 11, anything specific I should ask?
Hey, congratulations for the approval! Make sure you ask the doc how he is doing the procedure to make sure he knows what he does!
thanks, I will. He seems to know exactly what he is doing as he has done this for 20 plus years thankfully. I am starting to get really nervous though!!
Congratulations on your approval!!

starting to get nervous!

I have my surgery scheduled for the 22nd of November and haven't felt nervous until now. It has just really sunk in that this is really going to happen! My worst fears are..not waking up, being confused when I wake up, the tubes and the care for my daughter while I recover. I would love to talk with some ladies about how they overcame the anxiety (if possible) before surgery. Thanks!!
Good luck, its so exciting! I'm going in on the 19th and I am also a H cup, looking forward for some perky DDs! ♥
My reduction is on Nov. 20th! So excited! Best of luck to you my bosom buddy! Lol
Thanks for your post. I go for my consultation on Nov. 15th. I am so excited. But freaked out to cause I watched some videos on youtube.

pre op

Had my pre op today..10days till surgery! I am so nervous, it will be here in no time. I got a lot of questions answered from my PS. Anybody have a recommendation for a post op bra?
From what I've read, many people rave about the Marena bra. Also, looks like the most common bra worn post op is the Genie. Good luck!
Thanks! I will check those out:)
Awesome! Right around the corner, good luck!:) I will be looking forward to hearing about how it goes.

almost here!

The 22nd is just around the corner...I have been "nesting" for the surgery, trying to get everything perfect.
You and I have a lot in common. I am also having my BR on the 22nd. I've had 2 c-sec. & I'm 5'5" & 195 and a 38HH. We are really close to the same all the way around. I'm super scared of not waking up because I have 2 young girls. Thank you for sharing your story because it's nice to know there are others out there with the same issues as mine.
I have used the Marena with the 2" band and it's very comfortable. Good luck!

I can not believe its almost time..

Okay, I have today then tomorrow until the big day! Yikes! I feel like I have so much stuff still to do. Any last minute things you found helpful for you before surgery?
Bring a pillow with you to put between your chest and the seatbelt for the ride home. Good luck!
Hey! I sent you a private message:)

eeeeek!

Today is the last day I will have these boobs, it seems so surreal. Last night we had a little "going away" celebration, got lots of pictures to look back at:)
Good luck tomorrow!
This is going to be so great. The operation is easy. the whole thing is very manageable and well worth it. Enjoy your evening - look forward to seeing you after. best wishes for tomorrow.
I am sure you will do great with surgery - i have a 2 year old and 3 year old twins plus a 8 and 10 year old so my recovery should be interesting

the time has come..

I won't probably have time in the morning to get on here, so see you all on the smaller side!!!;)
Praying for you :-)
Best of luck ♡
Good luck!

I made it!

Its 3am here and I got done with surgery back last night around 3. I feel amazing, my pain is under control, when I look down I am so thrilled! I get to see them In the morning and get my tubes out, I will be happy to be in my own bed. Thanks for all the support ladies and look forward to hearing from my boobie buddy!:)

bye bye big boobies!

Pics
Well done, you look solo happy. Hope you heal well and really enjoy having got all that off your chest!
You look great! Isn't it nice to be done with it?! You are 2 days behind me. Best decision I ever made.
Congrats! You are now part of the "itty bitty titty club"! Enjoy the feeling of the weight being off and just know life is going to get better from now. I hope you have all the help you need at home for both you and your daughter. Congrats again and I'm so happy for you.

new boobs!

Just got see them for the first time..I can't even believe my eyes! I am so happy:)
Excellent - happy for you. Take your meds and relax............wishing you good healing!
Congrats! You look so happy!
Thanks, thats so sweet of you:)

sore:(

Anybody get lipo on the sides of your breasts? I did and it's so swollen and bruised. Any tips to help this? Also I'm still just wearing a gauze wrap and changing the inside padding alot because I keep leaking through, are you supposed to clean the incisions?Do you have to get a surgical bra or will a supportive sports bra work? Sorry for long post just need some help

pics

Can you ice your breast 3 days post op? Cleaning incision tips?
I don't touch my incisions. In the shower, I let water run down my chest, then pat gently dry. You look great!
Looks good. I had lipo on one boob on the side and it's still swollen and hard. Hurts a lot too. Guess it just comes with the territory. I just massage it when I'm in the shower with soapy hands and take ibuprofen. Good luck.
Even with the swelling and bruises you still look great - congrats on a successful surgery!!!!

5 days post op

Things are going pretty good, I had my post op appointment yesterday my PS said everything looks great and that he took about 5lbs off all together! I'm still very sore and am starting to get itchy, this really is the best decision ever!:)
Definitely a beautiful transformation!! You are looking great!!!
Thank you! :)
Wow. What a difference. You look great, congrats :)

darn..

I went to the doctor and found out I had a infection in my right boob so he had prescribed me antibiotics. 2 days later I was in so much pain and it was so red and swollen I went in and (without telling me he was going to) cuts the area open and pulls out the infected stitches. So now I have a dime size hole that's pretty deep and set back a few week:/ thankfully the pain now isn't as bad as it was now that he removed those stitches! Did anybody else have this?
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

You look great and I hope things are better since you had the trouble stitches removed :-)
Looking good!! You are beautiful! Congrats on your engagement