Allergic to Gel - Oregon

My body recently hives and lesions on my left...

My body recently hives and lesions on my left upper torso after silicone implants. Allergy testing has verified that I am extremely reactive to the gel. I conclude that I have a leaking left implant and need to pursue immediate solutions. What are various compounds in the implant gels? Do I seek replacement with saline?

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

2nd allergenist verified gel allergy. She gave me...

2nd allergenist verified gel allergy. She gave me several case studies. Despite what you read, there are silicone allergies. MRI late today, read tomorrow . Low grade fever and temp. Pain radiating through arm pit, lymph nodes down arm. Being treated with antibiotics and steroids. The resolution is near!

I'm sorry you're going through this. It sounds miserable. According to my research, most plastic surgeons seem skeptical that you could be allergic to your implants. Have you contacted your surgeon about this? What does he or she say?

Please keep us posted on how this resolves. And if you wouldn't mind updating your price to reflect the true cost, we'd really appreciate it.

The jury is still out for a suitable long term solution following double mastectomy