(2) Silikon 1000 Treatments for Lips- VERY Happy - Orange, NJ

I was unsatisfied with the appearance of my lips...

I was unsatisfied with the appearance of my lips for a long time and after lots of research I chose to get Silikon 1000 from a great and experienced doctor (Dr. Joseph). I had Juvederm injected to my lips before but didn't like the swollen appearance and how quickly it went away. I wanted something natural and permanent. 1st treatment of Silikon 1000 was done in the winter of 2011. I was very happy but after a little over 2 yrs, I decided I wanted more, and I did in may 2014. It is almost a painless procedure and not too much swelling after. Only after the 2nd treatment did I notice a firm small lump in my bottom lip, Dr. Joseph recommended to apply a little pressure and if it didn't disappear then he'd inject a little corticosteroid to dissolve the lump. Its been 2 days since, I've been applying pressure and it is gradually softening, I don't think i will need the injection. My husband feels my lips bigger when we kiss but soft and natural. Overall, I am VERY pleased and happy with the appearance of my lips. I would do it all over again, No regrets.
Welcome and thanks for sharing your experience with us!

How are you doing now? Did the lump go away without the need for the injection?
Hi, Yes the hard lump went away, I guess my body was in an acute state of an inflammatory response. I applied pressure to the lump, massaged my lips, and applied cold and warm cloths in one occasion. For a couple weeks after the procedure my lips would swell a lot in the AM and intermittently during the day. That has now stopped, my lips are uniformly "squishy". I feel everything has settled and I love how my lips look, they look natural but more plump. Keep in mind that I had a total of approx. 1.4 cc's of Silikon 1000 injected to my lips, so I do feel "something there" . I guess the combination of Silikon 1000 and the collagen my body surrounded it with makes my lips feel fuller and a bit firmer, but they are still squishy and soft to touch. My husband naturally has very plump lips so I compare mine to his. There is just a slight difference.

?The hard lump went away...

The hard lump went away, I guess my body was in an acute state of an inflammatory response. I applied pressure to the lump, massaged my lips, and applied cold and warm cloths in one occasion. For a couple weeks after the procedure my lips would swell a lot in the AM and intermittently during the day. That has now stopped, my lips are uniformly "squishy". I feel everything has settled and I love how my lips look, they look natural but more plump. Keep in mind that I had a total of approx. 1.4 cc's of Silikon 1000 injected to my lips, so I do feel "something there" . I guess the combination of Silikon 1000 and the collagen my body surrounded it with makes my lips feel fuller and a bit firmer, but they are still squishy and soft to touch. My husband naturally has very plump lips so I compare mine to his. There is just a slight difference.

Your lips are looking lovely and natural! Great job Dr. Joseph!!
Awesome, glad the lump went away and your swelling has settled down. Sounds like you got great results!
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Joseph is very sweet, polite, attentive and professional. He makes you feel welcome, answers all of your questions, and is honest with his responses. He wants to make sure you are completely satisfied with your results. Dr. Joesph specializes in the face and is an expert at what he does, I didn't want a Dr. who mostly does body work treating my face. I wouldn't trust anyone else with my cosmetic procedures but Dr. Joseph.