The Sweetest Dr & Staff Ever! - Orange, NJ Silikon 1000 for lips after failed fat transfer & other fillers

I traveled to NJ Saturday June 28th before NYC...

I saw many reviews from his patients and he is the best person to do this procedure in my opinion. I had a FAT TRANSFER to my LIPS and it all reabsorbed within a month :(  (click here to read my Lip Augmentation review), before that I tried Restalyne and that only lasted 5 days if that click here to read my Restalyne review). So I am upset with my failed attempts and read alot about silikon 1000... I am praying for a miracle but im sure I don't need one as I already have found Dr Eric Joseph I mean the man is amazing! So here I am in the chair , Dr is examining me....

Pictures pictures pictures

because real self forgot to add my pics to my original review !! >(

more pics

swelling in the morning more... wondering if, when and how the collagen will produce around the silikon 1000 injections. how long will it produce for and how much ? im so curious

omg i over cropped a picture by accident :p

here is the before fat transfer picture of my lips relaxed

Some research I found helpful & also needs an update Doc's

The above literature could use an update Dr's

6 Foods that Enhance Collagen Production

Collagen is a protein that combines with keratin and elastin to make your skin strong and elastic. As you age, the production of collagen in your body also slows down. This results to the aging of the skin, which is characterized by signs like thinning, wrinkles, lines, age spots and dullness. When this aging process begins, most women seek solutions in the form of beauty products--jars of cream, tubes of gel, bottles of lotions and the like. Even though some of these products work, most of them don't.

If you wish to preserve your youth by buying products that claim to contain collagen, you're better off saving your money. Collagen simply cannot enter the body through your skin. Instead, it needs to be produced inside the body. Here are some foods that you might want to add to your diet if you wish to boost your collagen production.

1. Garlic

Garlic is a good source of sulfur which is necessary to produce collagen in your body. Garlic also contains large amounts of lipoic acid and taurine, which are essential for rebuilding damaged collagen fibers. When cooking pasta, soup, meats and other dishes, be sure to add plenty of garlic.

2. Soy Products

Cheese, soy milk and other products made from soy contain genistein - a substance that helps in collagen production and battling skin aging. If you wish to keep those skin aging signs at bay, eat plenty of soy products, including those that are used to substitute for meat.

3. Tomatoes

You probably know that tomatoes contain a great amount of lycopene. What you don't know is that lycopene helps fight collagenases. Collagenases are basically enzymes that destroy the collagen in your body. To make the most of tomatoes, it's better to cook them than eat them raw. Stew or grill vegetables, or make your own tomato sauce for pasta.

4. Dark Green Vegetables

Leafy greens and other green vegetables are known for their high nutritional content. As if that wasn't enough reason to consume them, dark green veggies have also been found to contain agents which help in collagen production. Some examples of the vegetables you can enjoy are spinach, asparagus and kale. Not only do they help in the production of collagen, but they also help your body use this protein more effectively.

5. Foods Rich in Omega-3

Omega-3 is a fatty acid which is considered to be a good fat. Unfortunately, a lot of people do not get enough Omega-3 with their diet. Instead, they end up consuming excessive amounts of bad fats. Omega-3 promotes smooth, supple and soft skin so you might want to consume it regularly. Omega-3 is found in most cold water fish like tuna, salmon and mackerel. If you don't eat fish, you can sprinkle flax seeds in your meals instead or take supplements of flax seed oils.

6. Red Fruits and Vegetables

Aside from tomatoes, red fruits and vegetables are also considered good sources of lycopene. Beets and red peppers make tasty additions to your diet. Aside from lycopene, these red natural foods also contain plenty of antioxidants which promote collagen and battle other signs of aging.

5 Factors that Deplete Collagen Levels : 0( sun & smoke ( my two guilty pleasures)

Collagen refers to a group of proteins present in mammal skin tissue that is most active and bountiful in youth. These proteins are what's responsible for the elasticity, tautness and firmness of your skin. As the proteins deplete, your skin becomes more prone to wrinkles, sagging and deep lines. If you're hoping to delay the depletion of collagen in your skin you may want to develop a deeper understanding of the different factors that could deplete the levels of this protein.

1. Aging

The one factor that depletes collagen that you won't be able to have much control over is aging. As you grow older and your skin has been more exposed to gravity over time, the natural production of these proteins in your skin will begin to decline. Wrinkles, fine lines and deep lines are the inevitable result of lowered production. The only antidote to lowered collagen as a result of aging is through cosmetic treatment, but even cosmetic treatment can't stop the process entirely.

2. Sun Exposure

One factor that you can control is sun exposure. Any form of tanning--especially in UV ray tanning booths, but even an occasional tan in the sunlight--damages your skin. Besides sun spots and discoloration, this damage will also lead to decreased collagen production, which will in turn make your skin wrinkle and become non-elastic prematurely. To combat this, always wear sunscreen with SPF of 30 or higher during the day, even when the temperature is cold and/or the sky is overcast. Reapply the sunscreen after every hour of sun exposure.

3. Tobacco Smoke

Tobacco smoke is another factor that can deplete the levels of collagen in your skin. Smoking tobacco firsthand provides the worst level of damage to your skin, but exposure to secondhand smoke can also damage your skin, even when the exposure is infrequent.

4. Pollution

Pollution is another factor that can deplete the levels of collagen in your skin. If you live in an area with greater pollution levels, your skin may be more likely to lose elasticity and develop wrinkles prematurely, as opposed to the skin of people who live in less polluted areas. Short of moving (which may or may not be a viable option for you) the most you can do to combat the negative effects of pollution on your skin (beside cosmetic treatment) is getting plenty of exercise and eating a lot of fruits and vegetables, particularly spinach, goji berries, prunes, olives, sweet potatoes, carrots and red peppers.

5. Illness

Many illnesses can cause depletion of proteins in your skin as a side effect. You should see a doctor if you suspect any illness and take care to eat a diet that is rich in vitamin C to decrease your chance of catching communicable diseases and boost your immune system's ability to fight illnesses.

some recent pics

crazy my lis go u n down i feel

am I crazy or does this happen often to others as well??

wow im LOVING my results!!!

the other day I had a crookedness but damn did it fill out in the past few days!!! so happy soo soo happy

im looking for todays pictures the ones above

are from a few days ago... drop box is full fml....

FOUND CROPPED PICS FROM THE OTHER DAY

HAPPY
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

I traveled to NJ Saturday June 28th before NYC Urban Ink Tattoo Convention ... I took lots of selfies before and after. Dr Eric Joseph was amazing :0) very comforting and informative. His staff was very helpful as well! I saw many reviews from his patients and he is the best person to do this procedure in my opinion. I had a FAT TRANSFER to my LIPS and it all reabsorbed within a month :( before that I tried Restalyne and that only lasted 5 days if that. So I am upset with my failed attempts and read alot about silikon 1000... I am praying for a miracle but im sure I don't need one as I already have found Dr Eric Joseph I mean the man is amazing! So here I am in the chair , Dr is examining me.... The coolest thing was during the examination the Dr saw a wicked scar above my eyebrow and under my eyebrow as well. He put a numbing agent on my scar as well as my lips !!! right then I knew I found the right Dr. That was awesome ! Not only is the man a genius he is sweet and comforting as well. The whole package!

Thanks for all of the pics and updates! It's super-helpful in seeing how the treatment works. Glad you're happy too. :)
thanks sharron!
does it feel at all lumpy, or look at all lumpy? it's hard to tell from the photos, although it is obvious that you achieved a larger lip. Do you think you will get more?
Photos would be great!
yea it would have been super if real self would fix the issue pix were most def included!! such a pain
Thank u for the pics -- I love them and your captions came out I think! It sucks so badly that the fat transfer to lips did not work -- I have read this is the LEAST likely place for fat transfer to work, and why did your surgeon not disclose this info? This was a bad choice on HIS part -- and we should speak up about this! The silicon looks good. I am going to look into this. Were there ANY adverse effects, like lumping or anything? Was it only put into the lips and the scar?
thanks!
hey He totally did he actually wanted to do the silicone injections but didnt mention silikon 1000 so I wasn't to cool with it since its of label... guess now im desperate haha... no lumping or adverse affects anywhere darling go to an experienced Dr like Dr Eric M Joseph. I wouldn't trust anyone else. when you walk into his office you will feel the same!
np I originally did post but RS sometimes has glitches so :( sorry