I Feel Really Bad About my Nose Can't Wait to Get a New One - Orange County, CA

Well I was born with a cute and small nose I had a...

Well I was born with a cute and small nose I had a great childhood but once I reached 22 yo my nose started getting big and weired and then ppl around me noticed and started commenting on it it was getting bigger and bigger every month and it was fast. I'm a respectful smart calm and polite guy but once my nose started turning to the left everyone disrespected me and made fun of me even my girlfriend.now I have problems everywhere cause I look stupid or dumb or I don't know ppl see me.now I can't stand it anymore. Thanks for your advice and comfort.

hello

Well I feel way better

Was just reading thru some of the other comments. I would like to say that not everyone has a "nightmare" recovery. My face was never swollen and I never bruised one bit. Never took one pain pill. Actually, I remember how surprised I was that I didn't experience any of the above. I guess it depends how aggressive one's surgery is and the surgeon's surgical touch. And I have no trouble with my fingers fitting in my nose (lol). Every person's surgery is apparently very different. I will say that I wasn't completely satisfied with my results, I actually think some aspects look better and some worse. But, I've never regretted it. I would have always wanted to do it. And that's part of life-making a decision with risks involved and not turning out the way you wanted. Just make sure you pick a surgeon who specializes in rhino...i can't stress that enough. Good luck!
Ok first of all, looking at your pictures I see a normal masculine nose that fits your features. A man should have a strong nose it makes them look more powerful (in my opinion). And a nose does not make you look dumb. A nose job shouldnt be considered because you feel it will make you look smart or get respect from people outside. People always look for things to put people down and its their own insecurities or they may be jealous or something else and find another fault to put you down :)
Well you got it right actually when ppl find me very intelligent and talented as I can do a lot of art and stuff and always know how to deal with things they keep looking till they find out and then start criticizing me cause they can't and will never reach my brain level. But what I want is not looking better so they think I'm smart no.they already know. I wanna do it so other surrounding ppl including my family and everyone close give up trying to overpass me in anyway possible and finally give me a break. Thanks
Well, rhinoplasty is not a simple thing. Its not magic where you get nose job and abra cadabra you have a perfect nose with no complications. People have to realize the risks and that the recovery process and results takes up a year. And the swelling on face is a nightmare and emotional process. I miss my old nose so much because it was thinner and my bridge is lowered so much :( And Im not sure if my breathing problem right now is normal or not but i fell so hopeless and tired about it. So, you have to be really careful choosing your surgeon and make sure you go over every last bit with them. And make sure they are genuine! Some just want your money and could care less. Its strange because after you get your nose done is like a hard stiff thing in middle of your face. It dosent feel the same or flexible. And your fingers will never fit inside your nostril.(lol) The nostrils and inside swell up and become scar tissue. So, its reallly uncomfortable :( And I worry about anything going wrong in future, b/c I dont want to go under knife again and my anxiety has went up and I was NOT prepared for all this. I thought how cool get a nose job have a cute nose and end of story. No way, my expierence is different. And I miss my old nose. Anyhow, its good to learn all pros and cons and what you can deal and handle. So, hope you make the right decision for yourself, good luck!!
Oh I'm so sorry abt what happened to u and hope u can get it fixed soon and I agree with u I know it's a long painful process and could lead to a disaster or an even worse situation but I'm willing to try I'm still looking for the right surgeon and trying to gather information all time so I really hope all of us get what we want thank you so much
Agreed with Angiemcc. You look no where near bad or dumb. Those are not two adjectives I would use to describe you if I happened to just see you somewhere. If you decide to go through with rhinoplasty, make sure to do it for yourself, and yourself only. If you sense it will give a peace of mind later, then do it! Good luck with your journey.

Thanks for posting on RealSelf. I don't think you look bad or dumb at all. Of course, you have to do what you feel you have to do to be happy with your appearance. Are you going on consultations with plastic surgeons?

If so, here's a list of questions to ask.

Well actually I still didn't find the right doctor so i'm still looking and till then I wanna know from other ppls experiences thx for the list it's really helpful