Just Got Aligners.. a Bit Nervous After Reading Here! - Orange County, CA

So I just got my aligners yesterday. Total time of...

So I just got my aligners yesterday. Total time of aligners is 24 hours now. I am a bit nervous after reading several horror stories here.

First, I'm not afraid of the pain and discomfort. I have discomfort right now.. really just annoying more than anything. The most pain is coming from removing the bottom bracket! It feels like I am pulling my teeth out! The top remove just fine with some pressure.

I'm actually concerned for a couple things.

1, the provider is actually a dentist and not a orthodontist... Does anyone think this can play a big factor? Meaning, maybe the dentist doesn't have enough understanding of teeth movement.

2. My dentist is only a provider, not premier or Elite. Something I overlooked, but got sold when he told me he instructs and trains new Invisalign providers.

3. My crowding.. if it is doable with Invisalign. I took pictures with my aligners. It actually gives a better idea of how their position. I would say mild overcrowding, some may differ.

I've only had them for 24 hours. Just looking to see if anyone has any feedback. I'm not afraid to cut my losses this early, but I don't know what indications would lead to this.

Not sure yet...

Hey there, I saw that you had some concerns and I know this is a late reply but.... Even though your dentist may not be an orthodontist they have knowledge of the movement of dentition and if they are an invisalign provider they had to go to training courses to get a certificate to do that. A premiere or elite provider just refers to the number of cases that they have done. The more you do the better ranking you get. Also, if your dentist had any questions regarding your treatment they should have an invisalign representative that they can talk to. Hopefully by now you have settled in to life with your aligners... it takes some getting used to but it is well worth the hassel. Your lower teeth are/were pretty crowded so the fact that there was a lot of discomfort when you first used them isn't surprising. As you go through your treatment you should notice that discomfort reduced since the teeth will be straighter and the aligners wont have to snap over such and uneven arch. Best of luck!
we almost have the same problem. my dentist is just a plain dentist. i am very anxious too especially that invisalign is very very expensive. i am on my first day with the 2nd tray.