1 Week Since Sculptra - Orange County, CA

I had Sculptra done last week in Orange County...

I had Sculptra done last week in Orange County Calif and it's not cheap doing anything here. I picked Sculptra because I don't want to make this an annual event and I've been told results last the longest w/ Sculptra and so best for your $$ but you need patients. Not for results for tomorrow. I did 2 vials $1500.00 but those 2 vials were separated into 8 vials for administering.4 on each side. A bit of bruising but lighter this week. My doctor is amazing and she told me to be patient and wait 6 weeks and so I will because that is what the Sculptra information said and that is what all doctors say.

I had Sculptra done five days ago in Orange County and it cost $1500 for two vials. As others have mentioned, it is painful but you get through it. It is an odd sensation to have lidocaine injected into your face - makes your eyes blink and feel strange. Dr. suggested 5-5-5 massage and that is also painful but tolerable. I had injections starting at my temples and around my cheeks. I did not bruise at all but it hurt to open my mouth and to chew for several days which I was not expecting. Make sure you eat before your treatment! I will go back in 60 days to determine if I want another round but so far I think it looks great -- quite pleased with the subtle improvement and natural look.

Thanks for sharing your experience with Sculptra.  Did it hurt at all?  Being patient can be so hard, especially when eager to see great results- keep us posted on what you think as time goes on!

No it did not hurt really at all. There were a few weird areas that I felt more than others but I would not say it was painful but just a strange feeling. My doctor put numbing cream on my face 15 mins. before the injection and the injection also had numbing inside and so that help. I had one bruise on my right cheek for nearly 2 weeks about the size of a silver dollar but little by little it went away. I don't know if this is a side effect or not but I've been irritable and more than I've ever, ever been and not myself and my face feels full but I do see some improvement and that is what I want and I don't know if this other stuff is related. I did not take before pics but my doctor did and I see if I can get them for this site.