Cast off and nose looks the same. disappointed.....:( - Orange County, CA

Hi- I had surgery on oct 2 and had my cast off...

Hi- I had surgery on oct 2 and had my cast off today. Ive felt for a long time my nose is too big overall for my face and im a petite girl so it just never fit me right. Finally I took the plunge and had surgery .... even with the cast on I felt my nostrils looked about the same pre surgery but I still was hopeful. Fast forward today and I cant help but feel really really disappointed..(of course im happy there are no major deformities) but its looks exactly like my old nose minus a bump from a certain side. When I smile my nose looks wide just as before. The tip is a tad bit smaller but thats it. Im already considering revision but I have no idea if i should get a revision by the same surgeon? im also nervous to bring up my concerns to the doctor because he seemed so happy and pleased ( hes also extremely professional and nice..no qualms with him at all --and i acted pleased with the result as well) I just feel like after spending so much time, money, and long nights spent awake worrying about the whole procedure that it would feel worth it. I told my boyfriend my concerns and he replied "dont get addicted to plastic surgery" :-/ ..I just feel like im left with the same big nose :(
nice doc.

i know haw i feel,, i went through this b4,, after the rihnoplasty i found very minor changes and i get depressed and this ruined my life,, i wanna advice u 2 thing, 1stly u cann't judge it after the cast removal, it will change a lot wiz time especially the tip and the bridge, so try to be patient,, u will be surprised haw it will change wiz time,, 2ndly try to reduce thinking about it, i kept looking to my nose, thinking and comparing and this had bad psychological effect on me ..i regret doing this to myself,, wish u easy recovery process
Hi Strawberry, thanks for sharing with us!  Have you mentioned your concerns to your surgeon yet?  He knows exactly what was done and may be able to put your mind at ease.  Please don't under estimate swelling.  It lasts a long time.  Please keep us updated and best wishes for a smooth and easy recovery.

Thank you for sharing on RealSelf! I agree with the others that you are likely still quite swollen at one week post op. Don't be afraid to bring up your concerns to your surgeon though. He should know your true feelings about the results.

Hi! Your nose looks great but will not look small for awhile. I am nearly 9 months post op and still wake up with swelling. Take it easy and remember your body is healing and you still need to be careful......and yes, very patient!
It's definitely too early to judge the results. It may take up to a year until you see the final results. Be patient and you'll gradually see improvement.
thanks..:)
Hi there...you do know you are only 7 days post op right? I don't think you prepared yourself enough ahead of time or researched the fact that there is tons of swelling after surgery...why are you talking revision when you just 7 days post? Please read everyones postings and you will see you aren't along..everyone goes through swelling and you should never expect positive results until you have given your body time to heal...post op is a very stressful time for all of us..just take care of yourself physically and mentally and I am sure everything will be ok
Hi- ive been lurking on this website for 2+ years...i suppose i should've warned myself for the inevitable swelling....thanks....
Maybe it is still swollen.