Mid 40's and Ready for my Body Before Children - Orange County, CA

I have always been quite active and athletic and...

I have always been quite active and athletic and after my first 2 kids were born, I bounced right back and looked as if I was never pregnant. But after our "surprise" at age 43 (2 years ago), no amount of healthy eating and exercise could take away my pooch and love handles, and what little boobs I had became even smaller and assymetrical! I'm about 1 month from my Mommy Makeover and reading others' experiences have helped me know what to expect, but I'm still going through the "why am I doing this" and "how bad is the pain going to be" and "how long before I can carry the baby" etc. But still, I'm anxious and excited to have my body and confidence back so the best thing I can do is just prepare for it! Will post my "before" photos soon.

What are you having done? My surgery isn't until October. I have learned so much on this site. It is awesome!

Hooray for getting your body back! Babies can certainly do a number on a woman's body. I'm glad you're doing this for yourself. You might want to check out JenBob's great article on getting a mommy makeover.