Too Much IPR - Unhappy with Front Incisor Teeth Shape and Gap - Orange County, CA

My front two teeth have been round, trapezoidal...

My front two teeth have been round, trapezoidal shape. Now, after 0.5mm of IPR in between, the sides of the teeth are left rounded but the center line is now ruler straight. The center line was also filed a bit jagged, and when I rub my tongue against the back of those two teeth, I find my tongue getting caught along the sharp and jagged gap. Maybe the sharp feeling will be resolved once the gap fully closes.

However, after 3 trays, I still have a sliver of a gap between the two front incisors and it worries me that it will never close fully. I never had a gap there in my life and I don't know if I can ever get used to having one.

Even though 0.5mm isn't considered "much" and a negligible amount of tooth for removal, in my eyes it looks too much. I feel that my two front teeth are less dominate appearing and are too skinny for my face. I have a prominent nose too, and I never realized the nose/teeth/face relation until after you did the IPR. Now, every time I see a photo of me with my new teeth, I immediately zone into my skinnier teeth and my appearance looks "off". It bothers me so much that I almost wish I could have had this IPR undone, even if it meant compromising the results of the treatment.
I am 3 trays away from completing my invisalign treatment. I will probably need refinement trays.

I thought Invisalign would help my teeth and smile improve, but no, it's been just the opposite. I had nice teeth before. I miss my old smile and loathe my new. If you don't have anything severe to correct, please do not even bother with this treatment. Go for traditional braces if you have to.

Thanks for the comments everyone. I'm currently on my last tray. I will definitely be going into refinements. I'll keep everyone posted!
Thanks for the replies everyone. Currently on my last set. Doesn't like it will do much, but I will definitely be going into refinements.
If it's any consolation, I also developed a slight gap between my two front teeth during the Invisalign process. I entered treatment to correct a twisted lateral and didn't realize until treatment was finished that my otherwise perfect teeth weren't so perfect afteral. I didn't realize that many of my teeth needed to be rotated. My front gap during treatment was such that when I removed the aligner, my speech actually made a whistling sound. My dentist explained that certain teeth are moved forward or backward during treatment so others can be corrected. At the end of treatment, I had a slight visible gap between my front teeth. My dentist assured me my teeth would "find their place" and the gap would close. She was right. You didn't say how many aligners you will have so #3 seems early in treatment. In addition, if you don't like the end result, there are also refinement aligners. As I stated earlier, it wasn't just a few teeth to make my smile better. I only realized that when my treatment was done. Hang in there. I had the same doubts if I did the right thing.
I am glad I read your post. I have had invisalign now for 1 year and 9 months and my two front teeth have a small gap toward the top near the gum. Before, they slightly overlapped near the bottom front. Now that they are alligned right next to each other straight, I see a small gap. It kinda bothers me but isn't so bad that I have to change it. Hopefully they will "find" their place like you said.
Hi BatonRougeCutie, my front teeth found their way and the gap closed within a month. Just wanted to give you a timeframe reference. It might take yours less or longer, but don't wait too long to address the gap issue. Also, if/when the gap closes, be on the lookout to make sure your teeth haven't gone back to overlapping.

So sorry to hear you aren't liking the new shape. :( Have you expressed your concern to your dentist/orthodontist?

Barbara, thank you for the reassurance. I'm on tray 10/13, so three left to go. It's annoying how food constantly gets stuck in the gap (especially black pepper!). I'm likely going to need refinements. Megan, I did express my concern. He said at the end of the treatment, he may be able to round out the inner corners and edges so the two front teeth will look more naturally. However, even this makes me nervous. What if the additional filing forms a black triangle or causes more damage?
I'd be hesitant about any more filing. Once it's filed, there's no reversing it. I had refinement aligners too. Three refinement aligners and I still wasn't satisfied. Neither was my dentist. I had more impressions done and another 19 aligners. I wasn't a happy camper. Even though I didn't have to pay additional, I was fed up with the length of time it took. But again, I would resist any more filing and let the refinement aligners get it right. It took two weeks or so for my gap to completely close after treatment. It might be the same for you. But if not, then get new impressions rather than filing. Just my thoughts. Oh, and I understand the food thing. I had to avoid broccoli because it always filled in the gap or twisted around the attachments ... and Heaven forbid anyone think to tell me about it. I can laugh now, but it wasn't funny to have food stuck in my teeth and me not knowing about it.
I'd ride out the last 3 trays (which are probably over correction trays designed to "cinch" everything together) if after those you are still not happy have your dds take refinement impressions. It's worth the extra time to get things the way you like them. The refinement is included with your Invisalign "warranty"- let them make it right
Well said, Jordan.