Waste of Money - Orange County, CA

I am a 45 year old woman, 5"8 and 124lbs. I...

I am a 45 year old woman, 5"8 and 124lbs. I stay very fit by running and lifting weights. I am a very slender person but as most women, I have pocket areas that have disproportionately more fat then the rest of me...my inner, outer thighs and above my knees. Basically, I was told I was the PERFECT candidate. Fit, and at my ideal weight After 6 painful sessions, I did not lose not even one centimeter. Not a one! Total waste of money.

@ danica45 - In reference to your words: "After 6 painful sessions, I did not lose not even one centimeter. Not a one! Total waste of money." I SO AGREE with you! Not only are these treatments VERY PAINFUL instead of "painless" like the doctors and spas are CLAIMING it to be, they are a complete waste of money! Please read my story:

In spite of all the doctors and spa owners claiming there are NO side effects and claiming how safe it is, I am a patient who has actually done the Exilis procedure and I am having MANY side effects! By the evening of my first appointment, I was in severe pain. I had as much pain as I did after having surgery. My lower abdomen was so swollen, I looked as if I was six months pregnant. A few days later, I found a knot in my lower abdomen. It is currently 21 days after my treatment and my stomach is still swollen and I still look pregnant. The knot has increased in size. To my knowledge, Exilis is FDA approved for WRINKLES, but not for fat removal. It was only approved for wrinkles in late 2009. There is not enough research to truly KNOW all the side effects, in my opinion. I believe there will eventually be a lot of people who will come forward with many different side effects. Most spas and doctors who are making a large amount of MONEY with the Exilis will NOT advertise anything but GOOD results. They have a very biased opinion. I personally, would NEVER recommend Exilis. My health means way more to me than that!
Mfox and 123kiki ....don't waste ur money....read my previous posts...I am ideal candidate....very fit...athletic...eat healthy...just have pockets of problem areas...I did exactly as told and did not lose not one mm let alone cm or in. Save ur money!
Hmmmm. I only went there once and continued someplace else. I think I look the same but they say wait 2-3 months for final results. I don;t know about this -
I just returned from OC Wellness - I enjoyed the treatments. The tech was super nice- and we'll see! Let me know if youve gone there!
Hi 123KiKi,

I was thinking of going there, how have your results been have you done more?
Thanks Candace ...I will definitely check them out...
In the mean time, I just keep running in my long shorts passed my knees. Haha
I have actually had two different body contouring treatments in conjunction with each other and I was wondering if you were offered the option of Cool Sculpting as an option. It's non invasive, no down time, and it's really to treat the bulges and pockets of fat. After doing my research I decided to treat my love handles with cool sculpting because they were an actual little bulge that will just NOT go away even though I am very healthy and fit. Then I used Rxilis to tighten up the slightly wavy, loose skin beneath my butt/my upper back thigh area. They also did Exilis on the too half of my butt to tighten that tissue and give it a little lift. I am VERY happy with my results and I thought I might recommend it to you. I don't think Exilis is really meant to treat bulges, CoolSculpting might be what you need and it only take 1-3 treatments. I hope you look into it and get the results and look you are desiring for your body! :)
I would want proof..before and after pictures. I am very afraid to invest more money to only have no results.
Understandable, but I think you would be really happy. There are a ton of people who have posted before and after photos of cool sculpting on this web site you should check out, I posted my experience but I haven't put pictures up. I want to wait the full 6 weeks before I post my before and afters so they will be up soon. I'd encourage you to check them out if you're still unhappy with your bulge, I'm very satisfied.
yes please post where you went...i have already paid for my upcoming sessions and I am in orange county...
Could you post where you went? I was thinking of getting this done, and I'm in your area, just wondering if it's the same place I got my consult at.
Hi sorry that I just noticed the recent posts...I went to comfort laser ...they advertise on fish a lot. It just absolutely did nothing. I followed all the rules... Drinking a lot of water per and post. My instincts kind of warned me not to do it when they coud not show me any befores and afters..should have listened because I lost a lot of money. But I was assured I was the perfect candidate, ideal weight, fit with just pockets of fat above knees, inner and outer thighs. I was deeply disappointed with zero loss of mm let alone cm or inches...
I'm glad you posted this because I live in OC as well and just came across a groupon for Elixis treatments. I'll pass. I will say that I'm athletic 5'6 and fit. I don't need to lose weight but some body treatments do help tone the skin. Have you tried body wraps? I have had more success with those in terms of spa treatments. Most people are curious how my legs stay so toned eventhough they are large (from playing sports and genetics), I always suggest dry brushing daily (small firm circular motions all the way up your leg towards your upper body) and yoga. Both keep circulation going and keep fluids from accumulating in the wrong places.
What type of brush? I just hate the fat around my knees. I run half marathons but hate my legs btwn knees and thighs so I don't wear shorts:(
I have two brushes. I have a body brush by Elemis and one by Merben Int'l. I use the Elemis one more because I found the Merben one to be a little harsh for me. But honestly, at some point we have to just love the skin we're in! We're wayyyy more critical of ourselves than other ppl are. I'm sure you're fine :) Wear those shorts...we're in the land of forever summer! Soak it up.
Haha...you are right...we are hardest on our selves...

That's disappointing to say the least! I'm sorry you've had to go through all of this. Will you try any other type of procedure to get the results you wanted with this?

The Dr. Did not meet with me after I shared my disappointment with the results. The office manager was the one that I had to work with to get at least some of my money back. But it was not easy. When you are told that you are the ideal person for this laser, you would expect some result. I threatened to go to the BBB and the finally relented and gave me half back. I hear their advertisement on the radio every day making claims that it works just as well as lipo. This is an absolute lie.

Hi there, thanks so much for sharing your review with us. It's always important to hear about individual experiences, whether they have been positive or negative. I'm sorry you didn't get the results you were hoping for. Have you been able to speak to your doctor about this?