Tummy Tuck After Gastric Bypass - Orange, CA - 1 Year Pictures Added :)

I had a gastric bypass about 18 years ago and lost...

I had a gastric bypass about 18 years ago and lost 120 pounds. I had 2 children and maintained my weight at around 140-145 lbs. I just had a tummy tuck 4 weeks ago.

I was expecting pain and suffering, but was pleasantly surprised to have very little to none. My doctor uses a marcaine pain pump after surgery and I never even felt it when it ran out. My back hurt more than anything else. My doctor did a great job. I had all of the excess skin removed and was up and around within one week. I am not sure how long it takes others to get out and about, but for me it was quite pain free and the results are great. I now have a tummy of a 20 year old!!! I am still a little tired but all in all it was well worth it.

Thanks so much for posting your very positive experience! I am going in for full TT tomorrow morning... and I am so nervous. But, reading your post helped to ease my nerves. If I recall correctly, my PS will be giving me a pain pump, too. So, I hope my experience will be similar to yours! Thanks again. : )

Here I am at Christmas and my best gift was from a...

Here I am at Christmas and my best gift was from a year ago :) I updated here with pictures of a year out and the composite that Dr D gave me after surgery.

Thankyou I'm glad I saw this post! I had RNY in 2003 and lost 115 pounds and went on to have one more child and maintained my weightloss...now 11 years later I'm FINALLY getting my TT this June....glad to see a positive post! :))
Dr D did mine too. I loved the personalized care. He sees you every visit which I know is so unusual. I really need to put up my review. :)
Thanks just had mine hopefully ill look like that in a year!
Orange Plastic Surgeon

I have nothing to compare to since I only have one tummy and one tummy tuck, but I had no issues and very personal care, I only saw the doctor and quite regularly. I chose Dr D based upon personal knowledge of how seriously he takes his tummy tucks and I was not disappointed.