Laser Hair Removal Affected Sweat Glands - Ontario, Canada

I received laser hair removal treatments and found...

I received laser hair removal treatments and found in fact sweat glands were affected. My underarms sweat minimally and often not at all from previous severe sweating problems. Several months after 4 treatments had ended, some small hair patch started to regrow and my sweating returned as originally experienced but only in the area with hair. It is my belief that the laser hair removal did affect the sweat glands although they claim it cannot. I don't believe they have enough information via studies on varying issues and skin to counter this. I will return to have the small patch removed and I am already certain my sweat will go with it. In my mind this is a great side affect I had not expected!

I'd recommend her service as she has new machines and personally trains others. I would be wary of the fact that she is not a doctor, employs her family members and has 'negotiable' rates.

It is possible to occur also the opposite effect:

This topic still need to be studied a lot.
I didn't take previous b/a photos but will this time and post them!

That would be great!

Thanks Ottawa

-Britt

Hi Ottawa,

Welcome to the community. Wow, you are right that would actually be an awesome side effect. Did the procedure hurt at all? Please keep us updated and we would love to see before and afters if you have them.

Thanks so much,