Genuine Derma Roller Treatment 5x for Scarring - Ontario, Canada

I had 5 Genuine Derma Roller treatments in 2014 to...

I had 5 Genuine Derma Roller treatments in 2014 to treat facial scarring (not from acne...from picking and from a lesion removal).
While I saw an improvement in skin quality, it didn't do much for the scarring. There was some softening of the most recent scar but I don't think it was worth the money I spent.
I still derma roll at home because it has helped slough off old skin cells and has kept my face clear of the occasional pimples I used to get. I use a .2mm and a .5mm. Nothing too intense as I'm using it to refresh the top layer of skin; not the dermis.
Bottom line, it did nothing for my scars. I still think it's worth a try for overall skin health but don't spend tons of money. And I'm not sure if I believe all the marketing tactics re: you need to know how to roll (it's easy) and you run the risk of serious infection (yes, it could happen but not if you keep to the smaller needles and use common sense when it comes to cleaning).

Sorry should be 2013...

Just realized that I wrote the wrong year. My derma roller treatments were in 2013 and I had them every 8 weeks.

I did it at a PS office with the esthetician. They do care about their patients and I don't feel 'scammed' in any way. Derma rolling is relatively new here and I think they are still learning about what it can and cannot do.

Just out of curiosity, when did you start the treatment? Even if you started your treatment on the 1st Jan, you shouldn't have finished a course of 5 yet and would definitely not have left enough time to see the results of treatment. Your practitioner should have treated you once ever 4-6 weeks (5/6 weeks by the sound of it). You should therefore of had your last treatment end of April/start of May at the earliest. If this is the case I believe you may have been treated by an incapable practitioner. Leave out the rolling for now and give it at least a couple of months to see if your treatment has been successful. I am concerned that due to the closeness of treatments you have not given your skin the time it needs to regenerate collagen and instead they will have been ruptured by the needles. Especially if the person was using a 1+ roller. I hope this doesn't sound annoying, I just wish to help/read about peoples experiences so that I myself can provide a better service in my own salon. You may have been treated by someone that should not be doing this treatment and who is trying to capitalise from it too quickly but not correctly. Please let me know how it goes! Best, Professional therapist (recently trained in derma rolling).
Thanks for your note. To clarify, I started treatments in April 2013 and had them every 8 weeks. My aesthetician is well trained, no doubt about that. Again, not saying my skin didn't improve...but it did nothing for my scars.
Ah OK. I was thinking you must have had it in 2013 if you went to a clinic. Thank god. Do you know what package you had? What rollers? Any other products used like retinol A etc? Good to know :) It's a shame it hasn't helped your scarring though. Do you know anyone it has helped scarring?
Thanks for catching my typo. Oops. I had the Genuine Derma Roller brand - 1.5mm roller and 2.0mm stamp. I am the only person I know that has had these treatments.