Vampire Facial Success - Ontario, CA

Due to a very nasty bout of shingles, I was left...

Due to a very nasty bout of shingles, I was left scarred heavily across my face. My self-confidence disappeared and I felt unable to interact with friends without being self-conscious. I was left with deep indents of scar tissue on my nose. It was directly on the tip, and very noticeable. I also had dark scarring (but not indented) above my right upper lip, along my right cheekbone, and directly in the middle of my forehead. After giving myself a period of time to let my body naturally heal, just looking in the mirror was bringing on bouts of depression due to the fact that my body could not seem to heal away the scarring.

After a visit and consultation with Dr. Dupere, he had suggested that a small amount of Restylane in my nose to fill in the crater-like scarring, and the Selphyl treatment could help use my own plasma rich platelets to heal the scarring on it's own. Since the scarring would only take so much, I had more platelets than typically needed (despite only doing a half-vial), so we used as much as we needed on my nose--and then used the rest on my cheeks.

Whereas my Restylane treatment faded mostly last month, the scarring on my nose, despite still being there--has healed immensely. The indenting from the scarring is not nearly as deep as it used to be. The rest of my face, however, looks amazing! My face used to have deep indentations thanks to past acne scarring or enlarged pores. The skin on my cheeks had discoloration, and were prone to break outs, and my pores were -huge-.

I've noticed that the quality of my skin has improved immensely, my skin is smoother, healthier, and the overall experience with the Selphyl improved the quality of my skin. As to the healing properties, I am somewhat unsure, but the Restylane definitely filled in the indents left behind by the scarring. Due to my job being particularly busy over the summer months, I had requested to postpone a resurfacing procedure that would undoubtedly mostly correct the indents on my nose. The Restylane was a temporary fix, but the Selphyl has definitely improved the overall quality of my skin.

Please excuse the marks along the marionette lines of the photos, we had placed Emla (topical anaesthetic) there and I had a bad reaction to it. An allergic reaction to Emla is -extremely- rare, and despite it being on the rest of my face--the only place I had an allergic reaction was along my jawline. I called Dr. Dupere's office, discussed the problem, and after a single application of cortisone cream, the allergic reaction went away. The markings there are not related to Restylane, or Selphyl.

I am definitely pleased with the outcome, and the long-term effects are really noticeable. I waited three months to post my experience with Selphyl, because I was told I would still be noticing the effects by that time! And they were right! My skin looks AMAZING. It's a world of difference compared to three months ago!
Toronto Plastic Surgeon

Marc Dupere was absolutely wonderful! His bedside manner is just amazing, and he was so gentle! I was surprised at how painless the procedure was! He takes pride in his work, and his soft-spoken, informative and cheerful demeanour made my experience in his office a pleasant one! I would suggest Dr. DuPere to my friends, family and any other person looking for someone with his amazing talents!

Is it feel so hurt?
Not at all. :)
I am absolutly floored and the difference in your skin. I am 37 and had bad acne in my 20's that left multiple scars on my cheeks. I do have what I am pretty sure is shingles stress related and have recently started getting small red sores on my chin, nose and on my back. I am very interested in getting this done was there any downtime after? Also you said they put restalyn in the scar did that do that with your acne scars as well? Your skin is so smooth. Or did this vampire procedure help smooth those as well? Sorry for all the questions. I am just amazed!
No, no, questions are good, I have NO idea why I didn't see the e-mail about this comment, you have my apologies! The vampire procedure totally smoothed out my skin. It's like I've NEVER had better skin than AFTER the vampire facial! No downtime, no. You can put a light cover-up on afterwards and you'd never even know you had it done!
You look beautiful!!! I see that you had some scar on your nose? And it is fixed? What do you think, is it possible to add some volume to nose tip with this procedure? After revision rhinoplasty where I had to remove foreign implant which started to extrude my nose, my nose tip is empty and I would like to add some volume, fillers are dangerous. What do you think?
I would definitely be behind this 100%. It gave volume and healed the scarring at my nose immensely. I needed to get it done three times, (it came as a package) but after each time I had it done--my face and my nose just got better and better, and my skin got clearer and looked more youthful every time!
You look absolutely amazing! I completely understand the depression you are talking about. This is something I'm definitely going to ask my P.S. about. Does it work better the sooner you have it done after the initial issue or can it be a few years out. Again, you look gorgeous!
I had waited quite a while before I ended up actually doing the procedure. :) I'm really grateful to have Dr. D as my P.S. I recently had a laser resurfacing done and my scar is 98% gone now. :) I'm really so very happy with the results. I can't thank Dr. Dupere enough! He's been so amazing through all of this!
You look fantastic! I am curious about the laser resurfacing- I get shingles on my face as well and have some scarring on my cheek. I assumed that any laser procedure would trigger another bout. Did you need to be on medication or take any special precautions in order to get the laser and/or Sephyl done?
I want to confirm that you look amazing and so pretty! The emotional being needs healing also when someone has something that has happened that has caused their appearance to be altered. I'm not saying specifically you so please don't take it like that, but rather just a statement. Know that you are a very pretty young lady and your skin looks totally flawless!
Definitely needed some love, but some comfort food (hot chocolate), good friends, and lots of love, eased away the inner frustration. :) Thank you for your kind words! :D
You're quite welcome, and deserving of the complements : )
You look great! congratulations!
Thank you! ^_^

What a beautiful girl you are - I hope you are feeling much better about your appearance. x

Thank you! I am feeling much better after this experience with Dr. D! :D
Remy, thank you for sharing! YOU LOOK AMAZING! I'm definitely going to see Dr. DuPere for consultation. I visited this site for info on Selphyl hoping for a review like this and I'm so glad I found one. (And in Toronto where I'm located!) I've been having Juvederm injected for a number of years now and am not satisfied with the results. Especially under the eye area; retains water making eyes look puffy, lumpy appearance even when product is smoothed etc. Thanks again and congrats on your amazing results, truly flawless and natural looking.
I have to say that my experience was amazing! I am extremely grateful to have a doctor like Dr. Dupere doing my work! He's so very skilled, and works in two different locations to make travel easier for his clientele! I'm so happy. I was so terrified when I went in! So depressed. :( It was a very tough time. I'm very lucky to have him as my doctor. He's a wonderful man, and takes pride in his work!
That's great :) I'm looking forward to a pick-me-up. And non-surgical! Thanks again Remy.

In the photo of you outside your skin looks flawless! Like you have never had a pimple in your life!

Sorry to hear about the allergic reaction to Emla. So glad it was easily resolved!

Looking forward to continuing to hear how the areas with Selphyl do.

Selphyl did amazing wonders for my skin! My skin had large indented pores, and was really splotchy, and tended to break out repeatedly--ever since, I've found I'm rarely ever breaking out (definitely nothing like I used to), and the quality of my skin has improved a thousand-fold! :D I will update it again in another three months to show the progress!

Sounds good - love hearing that you have had such positive changes so far! Hoping that continues to be the case. :)

Hi remydarling, just wanted to ask did you have the PRP(selphyl treatment) just once? I went for the selphyl treatment consultation yesterday and I was told I would have to have a course of 3 treatments two weeks apart to see some results. Please can you reply asap. As I am going to go for my first treatment next Friday. Thank you
Hey there NatureisBest! I'm so sorry for my delay in response, I attempted to respond earlier but RealSelf's webhost had an outage! Due to some quick thinking and reporting the bug, I was informed that we're now back in business and I'm able to respond! :) I've only had ONE treatment. Just the one. I've been contemplating getting it done again (next month), and this would be my second treatment. It wasn't recommended by my surgeon that it was necessary to get it again, but simply for me to try it and to see if I enjoyed the results! And I did! I really, really did! My skin looked AMAZING! I was glowing! :) But I only did once. Just once. And I only did -half- a vial, not even a whole one. Has your doctor explained why you would need three treatments two weeks apart?
Hello Remydarling, thank you very much for your reply. I had prp therapy done at harly street by dr khan. I had my whole face done. I didn't have any other fillers or anything with it. Its now almost a week and my swelling and needle marks have all disappeared I am really disappointed to see there is absolutely no change what so ever!!! I spent £900 pounds on it. Sorry I later found out that dr kgan's wife Lesly who I had the consultation with wrote down I should have 6 prp treatment. And my face isn't even that bad. I am 34 years old and I have had no one ever said I look more than 24-28 years. I have used retin A cream for a few years also I used to do a lot of facial massage which has helped I think or perhaps it runs in my family. As all my siblings look 10 years younger than their age. Can I just ask after how long did you notice any benefits of the prp? I think it probably works better on scars and other issues but if you only have normal aging concern it wont show much changes. My main concern was the hollow under my eyes. And I didn't really wanted anything unnatural put in. So, now I am back to sq 1. I am just thinking what I should do about the hollow under my eyes.