Wrist Tattoo Removal - A Slow and Ongoing Journey

Hello to those who are reading! So how do I start...

Hello to those who are reading! So how do I start this, I got a "Hakuna Matata" tattoo on my right wrist because I was very very stupid at the time. It was done in october of 2013, and not even a month later I regretted it. I regret it so much that seeing it makes me upset! Every. Single. Time.

So like many, I started researching of ways to remove it. I came across a clinic and read some very good reviews, I quickly grabbed my phone and made my appointment. The 1st session went okay, didn't really hurt. However, I did not notice a significant fade. Guess I was being too optimistic or too hopeful. Then went the 2nd treatment and still little to no fading.

So I got frustrated because most people show significant fading the first few treatments! So I asked my technician about it and he said that the thick parts of my tattoo will take a lot longer to fade than the thin parts (which did fade). But he turned up the laser for my 3rd treatment. I was hopeful again, went on vocation 2 weeks after, came home, and still not a lot of change. Although my healing has always been great... I never really blistered, and even when I did, they were really tiny and faded within a few days.

Anyway, I just went for my 4th treatment a week ago. This time, the technician turned the laser up again, I hope I'll get to see more fading this time. Not sure if that'll happen, but if it doesn't, I'm seriously considering excision. At this point, I don't want to keep pouring my money out if there are no results. I think I rather a scar than a tattoo... If anyone is somewhat going through the same thing or went through the same thing, please let me know if this is worth it? haha

Oh also, I decided to upload pictures just so I can monitor the progression, maybe it is fading and I just can't tell. Sighhh

Picosure Consultation!

Hello everyone! I was convinced by you guys to try the picosure after my last post hahaha

So I just had a consultation with the only place that has picosure in Toronto. They're called Precision Laser. The lady was very helpful and told me to give picosure a try.

She told me my tattoo is still extremely dark and promises results with picosure. The place have me a 40% discount for being a recent graduate. So it's affordable for me. Initially she asked if I wanted to pay a package deal. But I told her I want to try a single treatment first to see if the picosure actually works. If it does, then maybe I'll do a package deal.

Anyway, my first treatment is July 11th. Fingers crosses that it will work! I'm being positive so hopefully things go well :)

Little progress at a time

Hi everyone!

So this Friday (in 4 days) is my first picosure treatment, ahh I'm excited. It's been a few weeks since my last update, so I decided to take a picture to see if my tattoo has faded over the past few weeks.

I'm not sure if I'm delusional, but I think my tattoo has faded a little. The "H" is starting to break up into dotted lines instead of a thick bold line, other letters are breaking up too. Do you guys think I've made some progress from last photo?

Also, since I'm going to the place with picosure, I will be switching laser clinic and technician. I feel kind of bad because I've really gotten along with the old technician, but since he doesn't have the picosure machine at his clinic, I have to leave. I hope he understands lol..

Oh and last thing, I don't know if I've mentioned this, but since my tattoo is on my wrist and it is summer time, I see it almost 24/7. And it really bums me out everytime I see it. I don't know if you other people who have wrist tattoos feel the same way. I'm really starting to loathe it, and it depresses me everytime I see it lol. So what I've been doing is wearing a really thin silky fabric and tie a bow. It's not the cutest thing, but I keeps me from seeing my tattoo, which keeps me happy :)

I'm really trying to stay positive and tell myself that as long as I keep going, I will see the day when the tattoo is at least 90% faded.

Anyway, I'll update when I'm done my first picosure treatment. Have a good day everyone :)

Picosure #1

Hello! :)

So I had my first picosure today. The technician told me that it won't hurt as much as the Q switched lasers, but it was actually, I didn't feel more burned than the Q switch but it was definitely more painful...

As soon as the treatment was done, she wrapped up my arm, so I didn't get a picture. But while the treatment was going, I saw lots more frost than the Q switch. After the treatment my arm felt extremely hot and I could feel the area pulsating.

When I got home and changed my bandaid, I noticed massive blisters! :( I've gotten minor to no blisters from the Q switch before, so that was a big surprise. I know blisters can happen, so I hope I won't accidentally pop one and get a scar.

Oh and one more thing, the technician told me that the clinic have a deal with picosure treatments. If I pay a package of 5 treatments, and my tattoo isn't completely faded by the 5th treatment, I can keep going with treatments for free. So I decided to save up and take the deal, since I know I'll probably need way more than 5 treatments for complete removal.

I will probably take more pictures in a few days when the gross blisters go away :)

1 Week Post Picosure

It's been a week since my picosure treatment.

Since my last update I thought the blister was big already. Man was I wrong! It swelled almost twice the size by the third day. Extremely painful I couldn't even move or bend my wrist!

Now it's been a week since the treatment. Most of the smaller blisters are absorbed leaving unpleasant yellowy excess skin (which I hope will turn int scabs and fall off), but the gigantic blister is still there although it's going down, it looks like an inflating balloon haha.

I'm so anxious to see what the tattoo looks like when all the blister and excess skin are gone. I will post more updates then! :) maybe I'll do a before after comparison when it's healed, to see if there's better progress with picosure.

Happy fading everybody!

hi! I just had picosure few days ago and like you - got massive blisters (didnt get any with qswitch) hoping they will go away soon. I think the cooling machine they use helped a lot with pain but over all - don't like the blisters :(
Looks like you had a pretty good treatment there! Don't go popping those blisters. :-)
Haha thank you! I tried not to, but it's very hard not to when you have a gigantic blob on your wrist hahaha
Thanks for the update! Take care and happy fading!
Thank you! :)
Hey! :) Thank you for your update! I definitely see some fading! I also have a wrist tattoo, I had 3 tx so far and it has started to fade. Similar to your fading. I am very excited that you are going to try Picosure. I do not have Picosure in my country, so I am thinking of flying to try if I see it is really working on black. So good luck to you with your treatment! I will be following your progress! Summer is hard time for me as well. I am keeping my tattoo out of sight 90% of time covered with my watches. Really helps me to stay tuned! It will be gone. Just a little bit of ink. Try not to think about it and stay positive! Good luck!
Hi! That was very sweet, thank you for the comment! Yeah I hope the picosure is worth it! Since it's giving me blisters :( And wow, going to another country for picosure, good luck to you! I just saw your review, yours is fading very nicely :)
Hopefully yeah :) next treatment in 4 weeks! Fingers crossed!
Oh cool, I didn't know Toronto had a Picosure, that's great!! I would have loved to have used it on my purple, but all good now,I have started my cover up and feeling great about it.

Let us know how you make out :) Good luck!
Thank you! Yeah I was really please when I found out that picosure is available in toronto! Since it's so hard to find a clinic with it and apparently there's about 16 in US. I just hope it lives up to the expectations now!
Welcome to the site! Wrist tattoos generally take a bit longer to remove due to blood circulation but on the plus side, wrist tattoos are always small. I think you'd be a great candidate for Picosure. I'm also giving it a try myself next month and can't wait. Be careful with excision, I came very close and backed out when I was actually about to enter the surgery room. The scar could be so much worse, especially if it's keloid. Can't wait to see your progress!
Hey thanks for the tips. Yeah I have pretty high hopes with picosure. Not that I'm hoping the tattoo will disappear really soon but at least better than the q switch haha
I cant wait to see the results afteryour first pico treatment!
Haha me too! My fingers are crossed for good results. :)
I just wrote a review too. I have an all Black ink image on my left forearm. I have had 3 treatments and not as much fading as I would like. When your ink is far away from your heart (wrist) is takes longer to fade. I have started doing cryotherapy (wart remover liquid nitrogen) in between sessions. I don't care if I have a big ugly scar....just want it gone.
Hi! Thanks for sharing with me hahaha yeah I know what you mean. At this point it's anything but the tattoo that's reminding you of your stupid mistake. I'm just glad I can talk to you people and it gives me a lot more support hahaha, don't feel as lonely in this tattoo removing disaster anymore. I hope yours is doing good, hang in there!
Hi! I just posted my same comment on another thread but saw your story and thought my comment might help so I'm pasting it... here it is... I too got a tattoo on my wrist about 3 weeks ago. As soon as I got it I regretted it:( I did not even love the design but did not have the heart to tell the tattoo artist before he started. Lesson learned to speak up when it comes to something "permanent" on my body. Anyhow, I did not want to have laser removal because I truly think it takes too long to see results and the depression I feel over this mistake sucks. Therefore I'm having mine surgically removed next Wednesday! The plastic surgeon said I will have a scar but to me it beats a horrible tattoo! I plan on posting my story. The cost is $700. Have you looked into this option? Good luck with everything!! Btw, my wrist tattoo is a little smaller than yours. You might be a good candidate:)
Hi! Thanks so much for your information! I decided to maybe do a few picosure treatments first and see, if it's still little to no fading, then I'm definitely going for the excision. :)
Hey there. Have you looked into the picosure?
Hi! Thanks for your comment, I just looked into it a couple days ago. I've made an appointment for consultation for Friday. Price is expensive but maybe it'll be better, hopefully... Hahaha
Yes it is pricey.. but if its as effective as they claim then its worth it!
I understand your frustration. There are so many variables that affect fading. Is there a doctor supervising your treatment? I personally prefer to have a physician supervising my progress (as I had a negative experience with an aesthitician when I started this process). How long are you waiting between treatments? I have found that waiting at least 8-10 weeks reduces your chances of scaring and gives your body time to clear the ink. What type of laser are they using? Good luck and try to stay positive. Oh, and thanks for sharing your story!
Hi, thanks for your comment! My technician is actually a specialist in laser removal, apparently he used to be a tattoo artist so he knows all about both sides. The laser is the ND YAG I'm pretty sure... I've heard people talk good things about picosure but I don't know if I should try it. It costs so much more, and if it's ineffective then I'll be more disappointed haha...
I had 7 q-switch treatments with disappointing results. I tried the Picosure and was amazed at how much fading there was with only 1 treatment. It is more expensive and often difficult to find (I have to drive 2 and 1/2 hours), but I would certainly try it before considering excision. Best of luck!
Thank you very much! I just made a consultation appointment with the picosure technician. I lucked out that the place is only a 20 min drive. But yikes it's expensive! Almost double the price. But I will go this Friday and get an idea from the doctor to see if picosure is better :)