Smartxide -Ontario, CA

Day 1- Application of numbing cream comes first....

Day 1- Application of numbing cream comes first. During the procedure, I am kept comfortable under a blanket and warming pad. This feels great as there is a hose with cold air being blown on me during the treatment.The treatment is not unbearable. There is a slight amount of discomfort associated with it. The cool air helps. Afterwards, my skin is red and very hot.Pinpoint bleeding has begun. The redness increases as the night goes on. Through the night, I sleep with my head elevated. My skin is oozing and swelling sets in.

Day 2 - My face is swollen, the skin is extremely sensitive and very red. There is not much more pinpoint bleeding. My skin is still oozing due to the open sores. Some spots have started to scab over. I continue to keep the skin very clean and moist

Day 3- Swelling is the worse today. Scabbing has begun and some areas are still oozing. I can see the pattern of the smartxide in my skin

Day 4- Swelling is starting to subside, where there was pinpoint bleeding there are now scabs. Very liitle oozing. Some areas are darkening. I continue to keep my skin very moist to facilitate peeling

Day 5- Still swollen and red. however, I actually feel pretty good about myself even if I am not ready to go in public yet. Some of the darkened spots have started to flake off after my shower, some scabs have loosened (don't pick them!!) I can see healing has truly begun

Day 6-Swelling has subsided but the areas where I was treated more aggressively are still very red and tender. Once the swelling goes down, you may not see a huge improvement immediately, but have faith!! It is coming!!

Day 7 Still have lots of flaky skin that I cover up with mineral make up. I don't wear it at home, only to go out. I am still keeping my skin very moist. Now is the time to make sure you have a great skin care regime on hand

Very important to remember:
Never pick, make sure your hands are very clean before touching your face
Keep skin moist
Expect to have some downtime. Swelling, redness, scabbing are normal
The best results are seen 6 months post
Stay out of sun completely while healing. It is critical to not burn the new skin.
You must commit to sunscreen from here on in
Make sure you have a great skin care regimen. Talk to a pro about what is best for you

Latest update:
I am 6 months post Smartxide. I have many people telling me how great my skin looks! This is when you see the full result of the treatment. Please don't judge until you have had a chance to recover 100% and your skin starts to re build. I have seen lots of reviews where this was given a bad rating. When reading those reviews, it appears because the reviewer was uninformed about what to expect. Ask questions!!
Thanks for posting your review! I am scheduled for this procedure next week, feeling very nervous and scared from all the negative reviews here. I am most worried about healing and recovery time, and what I will look like in two weeks when I return to work. (I am also scheduled to have upper and lower eyelid surgery at the same time.) Can you tell me how long it took for the redness to go away, and how you looked after two weeks?
Thank you for the day by day post. I am scheduled for this procedure next week. I'm excited but also a little nervous. Your post helped a lot with what I should expect. I wish you had some pictures (before, during and after) that you could have posted.
Thank you for your play-by-play, it was so very helpful. I'm not sure if wrinkles were an issue for you before, would you be able to tell me to what degree it helped your fine lines/crows feet/wrinkles?
Dermaworks