Self-Confidence Returned! - Ontario, CA

After an extremely nasty and painful bout of...

After an extremely nasty and painful bout of shingles on my face, I was left with deep indents of scar tissue on my nose. It was directly on the tip, and very noticeable. I also had dark scarring (but not indented) above my right upper lip, along my right cheekbone, and directly in the middle of my forehead. After giving myself a period of time to let my body naturally heal, just looking in the mirror was bringing on bouts of depression due to the fact that my body could not seem to heal away the scarring.

The indents within my nose were devastating. I couldn't cover them with make-up as the indents were so drastic, it was like a giant and very permanent crater in my face. I was heartbroken. My confidence was shattered and I became a secretly miserable person.

My face is now back to it's former glory thanks to Marc DuPere! His bedside manner is just amazing, and he was so gentle! I was surprised at how painless the procedure was! He takes pride in his work, and his soft-spoken, informative and cheerful demeanour made my experience in his office a pleasant one! I was so amazed with the results, the fact that I could be given back the face before I had shingles was such a blessing. I can't ever thank him and his staff for giving me back the self-confidence and self-esteem I had before!

I would suggest Dr. DuPere to my friends, family and any other person looking for someone with his amazing talents!
Toronto Plastic Surgeon

Wow, what a unique use for Restylane. I'm so glad you decided to share this with us! The results look great in your photos. Will you keep us posted on how long it lasts for you? I'm guessing since its an area that probably doesn't get much movement it will probably hold up nicely for quite a while, but would love to hear for sure.

It held up well for a couple months, however unfortunately, it faded within this last month. :) I am okay with that though, as the Restylane treatment was specifically supposed to be a temporary fix for the summer (summer is a very busy month for me with my work), before I looked into a laser resurfacing treatment. I was told that this treatment would be invasive and I would end up looking like Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer for a handful of months after the procedure and since summer was so busy--I asked if there was anything that could be done to fix the situation until after the summer. :) Today (after three months), I have completed a secondary review about the Selphyl treatment I also underwent while in Dr. Dupere's office. I am extremely pleased with those results as well, and am grateful to have found a doctor with Dr. Dupere's skills and bedside manner. :)

I'm so glade you came back to update us on how it lasted for you - thank you!! I do wish it had lasted longer for you though! I'm looking forward to reading your Selphyl review when it gets published, and you will definitely have to post one if you do decide to take the leap with laser resurfacing.

Definitely more than happy to keep people updated about how things work out. :) I was so nervous the first time I went into the office, but thanks to wonderful, skilled and competent staff--I'm delighted with the results, and just want to share my experiences with Dr. Dupere's office so that others can know how pleased I am with the results! ^_^