Upper and Lower Eyelid Surgery - It Was Worth It to Some Extent

I had upper and lower eyelid surgery. After four...

I had upper and lower eyelid surgery. After four months, there is a scar on the end of one eye, the discoloration has not gone away from the upper lids, the suture scars have lumps, there is a 'pocket' under one eye now, the skin in the center of my eyes was pulled down to create a freakish look, my eyelids still hurt, and I don’t look like the person I was BEFORE droopy eyelids! YES! I do have eyelids now, but that is the ONLY positive thing I can say. My upper lids (under my eyelashes) face outward as if he pulled it up too tightly, which prevents protection to my eyes, AND, I cannot raise by eyebrows and keep my eyelids together!

This doctor totally changed the way I look and it is NOT better. But, when I went for my check up after three months, I told him all this, and he said "Well, you looked like a tired old man when you came in" (I am a woman, btw) and then he said all of these things will go away.

Well, I am supposed to see him again for a 6-month check, and all I want to do is SCREAM! I am as embarrassed of my face NOW as I was with saggy lids! I want to SUE HIM! He doesn't seem concerned about the skin he pulled together between my eyes that made me look like a freak! But then, he is working for LifeLift and probably doesn't care! He is an ENT doctor, according to the technician, but all the plastic surgery he knows is blepharoplasty and neck lifts because that is all they do at LifeLift.

NOW WHAT DO I DO? WHAT RECOURSE DO I HAVE? I spent all this money and HATE every day of it!

It's been a year now and things don't look...

It's been a year now and things don't look any better. This doctor was not a fine skilled surgeon for sure! He doesn't work for LifeStyle Lift anymore. At my last visit he offered to inject botox at his new office (at my expense) to fill in the mess he made between my brows. I declined. The scars are bad still, some of the discoloration has gone, but I HAVE to wear my eyeglasses to cover up most of the 'garbage'. I wish I had read more reviews about that place before I chose it. My eyes are so sensitive to air that I almost never can go for a walk anymore. I will never be able to close my eyes and raise my eyebrows, which is why I don't have the ability to protect my eyes from things lashes are supposed to protect them from. Have surgery if you want, but don't go to LS Lift! EVER! The doctors work for practically nothing and for good reason.

Inland Empire Facial Plastic Surgeon

This doctor was trained as an ENT that learned through LifeLift to do two kinds of plastic surgery and nothing else.

Hi 8412anon,

I'm sorry you are suffering. I am too. Please reach out if you need more support.

Best wishes - JessieR

Thanks for updating your review. I'm sorry to hear you're still having problems post-op. What's next for you? Do you plan on getting revision surgery?