DAY TWO: Now I Know Why They Call It the Invisalign Diet. -Ontario, CA

So I'm on day TWO of my Invisalign treatment, and...

So I'm on day TWO of my Invisalign treatment, and I cannot express to you how happy I am to finally have received my trays! I've waited about three years to finally do this, and I am so excited to have the smile I've always wanted. My teeth aren't THAT bad, it's probably more of a vanity thing, but it's how you feel about yourself, right? So anyhow, I keep hearing about people getting really dry mouths and constantly needing to drink water - I'm not sure if I'm the exception to this rule or not, but I feel like I'm salivating more than usual. Is that a good thing? I suppose it's better than constant dry-mouth! Also, my teeth better be sparkling by the end of this with the amount of times I brush per day now! But moving on... I put them in yesterday around 4PM, and today I took them out to eat lunch...which is when I discovered why they call it the Invisalign Diet. Whenever I bite down, an aching pain disperses across my back teeth. Terrible, but not unbearable. Soup for me for a while! I'm hoping it gets a little easier, mostly in terms of not being completely irritated with plastic in my mouth (I kind of feel like a kid on Halloween with those plastic vampire teeth), but I do get buttons next Friday...so it might get a little worse before it gets any better!

I'll keep you all posted! Fingers crossed!
Dr. Christopher Tom