29 year old 38DDD - Hope for a C - Ontario, CA

Hi!!! First off i would like to say THANK YOU to...

Hi!!! First off i would like to say THANK YOU to all of you brave ladies!! I have had big boobs my whole life... My Bra is a 38DDD but u honestly don't even know my true size. I have thought about getting a breast reduction as long as i can remember. For Some reason i was always embarrassed ... Well about a month ago i got some courage made a doctors appointmet and asked my Doctor. i am covered by Kaiser, i had no idea what to expect!!!! My doctor told me i would have to take a class and two weeks later i did. I was So damn nervous... but when i walked in, i would say 20 other women were there ages 18-70. Right before you walk in they weigh you and measure you . I'm 5'3 1/2 and 167lbs. ( i will try my hardest to drop weight before my surgery) later i come to find out it was to find out what my BMI was. according to them you must be under 34% body fat ( under 30 is ideal ) i was 28% woohoo lucky me! The only other thing i was asked if i smoked, they would disqualify you due to infection. ( lucky for me i don't smoke ) they told me the class would be 2-3 hours. i was out after 1hour. i would say the nurse answered all my questions. at the very end if your BMI was under 34% they had you fill out a paper and the PS would call . i couldn't believe it i was one step closer!!!!!

By the time i got home the office was calling for my first visit with my plastic surgeon . Yes, my heart was racing!!!!

i would say 2 weeks later i was making my way to my appointment , by the time i signed in i was being called! it was all so fast! before i knew it i was being told to put on a gown and the doctor would be right in. The doctor walked in and he was a lot younger then i had thought hahaha.. i got embarassed he said i know i'll be quick. He took messurements and pictures and then sat down. He just said, do you have any burning questions for me? I'm looking at him confused! i said , wait.... am i approved? he was like oh yeah totally. i think i started giggling like it was christmas. He then asked what size i wanted to be, i said a C .the bummer is he told me i will need drains.. that is totally scary for me. idk why the pre op is really freaking me out too!!! can anyone tell me what to expect I'm totally nervous!!! but that is where I'm at right now... I'm scared to death, and i keep obsessing on here. but i thought maybe even my experiences could help someone. :) i really hate being known for the girl with boobs! I'm Sooooo ready for small boobs!!!!!! my suregery date is Oct.7th, i needed time bc of work. I'm a waitress so i had to take 3 weeks off. here is a picture i took and i can't believe I'm showing all of you!

I have a question

Can anyone give me a list of things i might need? i think its better to ask the people who have actually had the surgery :) Any special sports bra you all love? lotions? ??? please let me know what helped YOU ! THANK YOU

Do you think we will still have boob sweat with small boobs? lol... i know TMI but I'm so ready for that to end :D... Happy sunday friends,

Carly

UGH!!

Am i the only one that is freaking out here!? I know i still have a lot of time before my surgery... i keep looking at myself in the mirror, and thinking am i doing the right thing? I hate having big boobs but I've never known myself any other way.. I really think this is a little overwhelming. Every night i come on here and look at like 5-10 pages.. hahaha and then i'm up all night thinking about it. I'm so grateful for your stories but some of them really freak me the hell out! I can't be the only one feeling this way right!?

Carly

EEk!

The doctors office called me today to see if i wanted to have my surgery this week. I so badly wanted to say yes.. but I'm just not ready and i already took 3 weeks off of work when my original surgery is on oct 7th. I can't believe how quickly this is all happening !!!! Just a little over a month to go!!!!!!! So ready!!!!!

Freaking out..

okay i'm really starting to get nervous.... Am i the only one that knows nothing about her doctor??? i mean i met him but i was so nervous i didn't ask many questions, i wasn't thinking!!! With Kaiser there are no pics to look at... what are your thoughts?

Question...

Okay.. I know a lot of you are skinny... and i don't think i'm like super fat but I'm kinda chubby.. Anyone feel diff when you had your boobs done? Do you feel skinnier over all? i feel like it will make me feel way better, well i hope anyway..i'm so sick of feeling FAT!

Sh*t is getting REAL

Woohoo!!!! Pre Op date sep 30!!!!

This might sound so silly but can some of you help think of questions to ask? when i get nervous i go blank! and let me tell you .... i'm SO nervous!!! Thanks for the help! 25 days!!!!!!
Dr. Walter Chang

Hey there, I have Kaiser as well and felt the same way as you about maybe not knowing too much about my surgeon. He turned out to be wonderful, and told me that if I wanted to meet with him the day of my pre op, to make an appointment for that time as well. Like peediewife said, you can email them too. I am 11 weeks post-op, and any and every question I have ia addressed by someone on my surgeon's team. It is usually the Dr. that calls me back. :) just remember to breathe, I am so glad I did this.
i emailed my doctor today!! i feel a little better :) its nice to know i'm not alone!!!!!
pre op may well just be with a nurse checking medical history, blood pressure etc and they usually cannot answer specific questions bout the surgery. if you have specific questions best to email your surgeon ditect
thank you for always responding ! you're wonderful
see my review, my boobs making me look much fatter was one of the main reasons for me having the surgery, lots of before and after photos. you will feel and look much slimmer after the op but will also find it a great incentive to lose weight and/or get fit. i have joined a gym for the first time in my life
I left like a large women before, and I am (was) at 6 ft and 175 but once I lost the weight at the breast, I appear smaller. Feel better about myself, not that I have a self esteem issue but I now think I can wear a scarf and not feel like it's going to block my vision! I still have to wear some XL in tops just cause I am not a tiny woman and my mid section is still the same as it was prior. But I think I look great and that reflexes how I feel inside.
Good for you ;) see I'm only 5'3 so I feel like my boobs take over .. I hope I feel better too!
I found that the drains were really not a problem, and getting them out was barely noticeable
thank you!!!
If you have specific questions, why not email your surgeons office. You could ask if they have any photos.
Oh wow I can just imagine how you were feeling heart racing and all.
I can't stop reading reviews! I think After yesterday with a bad experience with a,colleague that could not seem to find my eyes but sure could find my breasts I am more than ready!!!!! I keep envisioning what they will look like much smaller!!!!
Me too!!! it's going to be so weird! :) i know the feeling about people seeing your boobs first its so dang annoying !
No oils/lotion until the Dr says so. I did not start mine until 7 weeks. I use doTerra oils, the one for scars, all natural. You know about the weight limit??? Very important..... Look at my sports bra. I got it on Amazon and was great. But I bought the 40 DDD so it would not hurt my incisions. Get 2 sizes, just in case. One was a 38G and I used that too once some swelling went down. Your ribs will hurt too. I did not take pain meds, only Tylenol and not that often. If you follow your Dr instructions, you should be fine. I have been known to, "color outside the lines" but not in this case!
Weight limit ? thanks for all the tips!
I was just telling my husband, while laying in the bath last night, how nice it was not to see my breast being large than my stomach. I will post some update pic's soon. My breast hardly hurt now, and I sleep on my stomach, wear an underwire....with Dr.Vento's approval. Kaiser here in Sacto (morse) was fantastic. The drains were not a big deal, only one day. You have someone there for you? I should have done it sooner. I went from a G to a C and love it. I attended a memorial Service last weekend and got up and read, when I sat back down, my husband whispered, "your breast look great'! I feel great! Keep posting!
How many grams are you getting removed thenewme620?
I honestly don't know .. I'm like a 36F 38DDD .. I want to be a full C?
We are all goin crazy waiting for the date.Lol I'm schedule for Sep 4th!!! Just had my pre op yesterday :-) lots of questions and information. Good luck it will be here before you know it!!!
So awesome! Are you using insurance ?
I am also scheduled for October!!! I know that things will be fine and we will come out on the other side with great results!!!! Positive thoughts!
never forget that people with problems are far more likely to seek support from this site, many women with normal, straightforward recoveries will never post on this site, i had a normal recovery and have written a review
Very true :)
What I find the strangest is that they never shift or fall out! Here I am wearing an itty bitty bralette.....I can wear it to bed and when I wake it's still perfect. Do you know how much time over the past 20 years I have spent adjusting my boobs and my bra! Wait, that's wrong. I remember trying to discretely put myself back in my bra when I was 16 years old and playing baseball. I've been doing this most of my life!
i totally get you! i wake up every morning with a boob out of my shirt. hhahahaha ... oh the simple joys in life. I'm excited to feel comfortable without a bra on! i always have one on.. so so ready... i don't know if its mental but my back has been KILLING me lately .i'm totally ready!! i had all my friends at work with cute boobs show me theirs today ( we are good friends) it got me excited ( emoji smiling crying face ) .. :-*