29 year old 38DDD - Hope for a C - Ontario, CA

Hi!!! First off i would like to say THANK YOU to...

Hi!!! First off i would like to say THANK YOU to all of you brave ladies!! I have had big boobs my whole life... My Bra is a 38DDD but u honestly don't even know my true size. I have thought about getting a breast reduction as long as i can remember. For Some reason i was always embarrassed ... Well about a month ago i got some courage made a doctors appointmet and asked my Doctor. i am covered by Kaiser, i had no idea what to expect!!!! My doctor told me i would have to take a class and two weeks later i did. I was So damn nervous... but when i walked in, i would say 20 other women were there ages 18-70. Right before you walk in they weigh you and measure you . I'm 5'3 1/2 and 167lbs. ( i will try my hardest to drop weight before my surgery) later i come to find out it was to find out what my BMI was. according to them you must be under 34% body fat ( under 30 is ideal ) i was 28% woohoo lucky me! The only other thing i was asked if i smoked, they would disqualify you due to infection. ( lucky for me i don't smoke ) they told me the class would be 2-3 hours. i was out after 1hour. i would say the nurse answered all my questions. at the very end if your BMI was under 34% they had you fill out a paper and the PS would call . i couldn't believe it i was one step closer!!!!!

By the time i got home the office was calling for my first visit with my plastic surgeon . Yes, my heart was racing!!!!

i would say 2 weeks later i was making my way to my appointment , by the time i signed in i was being called! it was all so fast! before i knew it i was being told to put on a gown and the doctor would be right in. The doctor walked in and he was a lot younger then i had thought hahaha.. i got embarassed he said i know i'll be quick. He took messurements and pictures and then sat down. He just said, do you have any burning questions for me? I'm looking at him confused! i said , wait.... am i approved? he was like oh yeah totally. i think i started giggling like it was christmas. He then asked what size i wanted to be, i said a C .the bummer is he told me i will need drains.. that is totally scary for me. idk why the pre op is really freaking me out too!!! can anyone tell me what to expect I'm totally nervous!!! but that is where I'm at right now... I'm scared to death, and i keep obsessing on here. but i thought maybe even my experiences could help someone. :) i really hate being known for the girl with boobs! I'm Sooooo ready for small boobs!!!!!! my suregery date is Oct.7th, i needed time bc of work. I'm a waitress so i had to take 3 weeks off. here is a picture i took and i can't believe I'm showing all of you!

I recently had a reduction for back/hand pain, from a 38DD to a C, and I am so glad I did,, Wish i had done it years ago.. I didn't have drains in, but the procedure itself was not bad ( the recovery from it) honestly the only time I felt crummy was when I took the narcotics.. I learned from this and stuck to tylenol for the rest of the time...Good luck
Congrats on making it through the beginning process. You won't regret this! I had my 6 week check up yesterday. Everything has healed so nicely he doesn't need to see me again! I can't believe only 6 weeks ago I was a DDD and today I'm a B or a small c depending on the bra. Is he doing a lift for you at the same time? Most doctors do but it's important to ask and it makes all the difference in the world. Good luck and keep us posted.
Thank you! Yes they are doing a lift as well. :) I'm so excited about that. my fears are 1. i read a girl that woke up in the middle of surgery and felt stuff ( wow, that would freak me out) and i realize that's prob 1/100000000 but still... hahaha 2. recovery, i hope and pray i don't get an infection.. i will only be off work 3 weeks . I'm a waitress so I'm going to really have to do my damn best to let my body heal . I will keep you all posted! i feel like owe it to all of you for sharing your stories :)

I have a question

Can anyone give me a list of things i might need? i think its better to ask the people who have actually had the surgery :) Any special sports bra you all love? lotions? ??? please let me know what helped YOU ! THANK YOU

I'm from Ontario Canada to be clear:-)
i'm actually from San Dimas CA . :) my doctor is out of Ontario, CA. i :)
Well we are still October BR buddies :-)

Do you think we will still have boob sweat with small boobs? lol... i know TMI but I'm so ready for that to end :D... Happy sunday friends,

Carly

What I find the strangest is that they never shift or fall out! Here I am wearing an itty bitty bralette.....I can wear it to bed and when I wake it's still perfect. Do you know how much time over the past 20 years I have spent adjusting my boobs and my bra! Wait, that's wrong. I remember trying to discretely put myself back in my bra when I was 16 years old and playing baseball. I've been doing this most of my life!
i totally get you! i wake up every morning with a boob out of my shirt. hhahahaha ... oh the simple joys in life. I'm excited to feel comfortable without a bra on! i always have one on.. so so ready... i don't know if its mental but my back has been KILLING me lately .i'm totally ready!! i had all my friends at work with cute boobs show me theirs today ( we are good friends) it got me excited ( emoji smiling crying face ) .. :-*
LMAO !!! :) Following surgery my PS only had a light gauze on my incisions. He doesn't have you wear a surgery bra. It was the first time since I began wearing a bra that I went without one and it was awesome.

UGH!!

Am i the only one that is freaking out here!? I know i still have a lot of time before my surgery... i keep looking at myself in the mirror, and thinking am i doing the right thing? I hate having big boobs but I've never known myself any other way.. I really think this is a little overwhelming. Every night i come on here and look at like 5-10 pages.. hahaha and then i'm up all night thinking about it. I'm so grateful for your stories but some of them really freak me the hell out! I can't be the only one feeling this way right!?

Carly

I can't stop reading reviews! I think After yesterday with a bad experience with a,colleague that could not seem to find my eyes but sure could find my breasts I am more than ready!!!!! I keep envisioning what they will look like much smaller!!!!
Me too!!! it's going to be so weird! :) i know the feeling about people seeing your boobs first its so dang annoying !
No oils/lotion until the Dr says so. I did not start mine until 7 weeks. I use doTerra oils, the one for scars, all natural. You know about the weight limit??? Very important..... Look at my sports bra. I got it on Amazon and was great. But I bought the 40 DDD so it would not hurt my incisions. Get 2 sizes, just in case. One was a 38G and I used that too once some swelling went down. Your ribs will hurt too. I did not take pain meds, only Tylenol and not that often. If you follow your Dr instructions, you should be fine. I have been known to, "color outside the lines" but not in this case!

EEk!

The doctors office called me today to see if i wanted to have my surgery this week. I so badly wanted to say yes.. but I'm just not ready and i already took 3 weeks off of work when my original surgery is on oct 7th. I can't believe how quickly this is all happening !!!! Just a little over a month to go!!!!!!! So ready!!!!!

Oh wow I can just imagine how you were feeling heart racing and all.

Freaking out..

okay i'm really starting to get nervous.... Am i the only one that knows nothing about her doctor??? i mean i met him but i was so nervous i didn't ask many questions, i wasn't thinking!!! With Kaiser there are no pics to look at... what are your thoughts?

I found that the drains were really not a problem, and getting them out was barely noticeable
thank you!!!
If you have specific questions, why not email your surgeons office. You could ask if they have any photos.

Question...

Okay.. I know a lot of you are skinny... and i don't think i'm like super fat but I'm kinda chubby.. Anyone feel diff when you had your boobs done? Do you feel skinnier over all? i feel like it will make me feel way better, well i hope anyway..i'm so sick of feeling FAT!

see my review, my boobs making me look much fatter was one of the main reasons for me having the surgery, lots of before and after photos. you will feel and look much slimmer after the op but will also find it a great incentive to lose weight and/or get fit. i have joined a gym for the first time in my life
I left like a large women before, and I am (was) at 6 ft and 175 but once I lost the weight at the breast, I appear smaller. Feel better about myself, not that I have a self esteem issue but I now think I can wear a scarf and not feel like it's going to block my vision! I still have to wear some XL in tops just cause I am not a tiny woman and my mid section is still the same as it was prior. But I think I look great and that reflexes how I feel inside.
Good for you ;) see I'm only 5'3 so I feel like my boobs take over .. I hope I feel better too!

Sh*t is getting REAL

Woohoo!!!! Pre Op date sep 30!!!!

This might sound so silly but can some of you help think of questions to ask? when i get nervous i go blank! and let me tell you .... i'm SO nervous!!! Thanks for the help! 25 days!!!!!!

Hey there, I have Kaiser as well and felt the same way as you about maybe not knowing too much about my surgeon. He turned out to be wonderful, and told me that if I wanted to meet with him the day of my pre op, to make an appointment for that time as well. Like peediewife said, you can email them too. I am 11 weeks post-op, and any and every question I have ia addressed by someone on my surgeon's team. It is usually the Dr. that calls me back. :) just remember to breathe, I am so glad I did this.
i emailed my doctor today!! i feel a little better :) its nice to know i'm not alone!!!!!
pre op may well just be with a nurse checking medical history, blood pressure etc and they usually cannot answer specific questions bout the surgery. if you have specific questions best to email your surgeon ditect

This is going to be the longest two weeks of my life!

ugh... i'm starting to get really nervous :( 2 weeks from today!!!!!!! I hope to god i don't get an infection.. thats my #1 fear ... I went to see my surgeon yesterday and he told me 40% of woman do!!!

ugggggggghhh!!! i just want it to be over already !

just don't do it! write me privately and i'll tell u y!
Well i am amazed at the quoted infection rate, i am sure it is less than that. If you are healthy and keep everything clean and aired it should all be fine.
Yes, I am surprised about that 40% rate too. I have Kaiser and my doc never said that. There is always a risk for infection from any surgery but if you follow their instructions, and they all have different ones, you should be just fine. Dr. Vento said no to the pool for 3 months and no bath soaking for 10 weeks. You will be fine...and it will be well worth the worry in the long run.

Hi ladies......

So im 10 days out and i just want to cry all the time! i'm scared to DEATH!!!!!! So i was really nervous because i hadn't seen any of my doctors work. ( again i have kaiser) so i made another appt to go see some of his work... that part went okay,.Some of the pics he showed he later had to go back in and fix some of the ladies if the skin pulled or whatever it was .. i know thats totally norm to go back after... but the thing about getting a BR that scares me the most is getting an infection! So... i ask.. what's the % of getting an infection, he says 40%!!!!!!! i think i just about had a heart attack... i said what!? he said thats part of doing this surgery you need to be mentally ready... i said okay.. left and was more nervous now than ever!!!!!!! its all i think about day and night!!!! So i wrote a question on here asking the same thing... 7 doctors responded ALL SAID 1-4% THAT ITS NOT COMMON AT ALL. so why did my doctor say that to me.. do you think he means like ANY little infection even the little ones that heal in a a couple of days.... my brain is taking over and I'm just scared :( It's a great hospital the guy has done MANY and i think I'm prob just freaking myself out... did any of you feel like you wanted to back out? i can't be the only one!? my pre op is tuesday .. All i want to do is cry.... i wish i could just feel excited and happy like most of you!!!!!!!!!

see ...

i didn't even realize i had already wrote about it ... lol ^

im sorry ladies ... I'm just a mess.

Pro Op today!

I don't know about all of you , but I was sooooo nervous to go today!!!! I had no idea what they were going to do to me:( ...? Well guess what! It was super easy :):):)

First they
Weigh you :-/
Measure
Check temp
Blood pressure
Made me take all my clothes off( panties still on)

Worst part was waiting in the freezing room!!! Doctor came in ( not my surgeon ) asked me questions, looked in my mouth, listened to my heart and lungs , took a quick look at the ladies and that was it!!!!

She kept saying you sure you want to do this you're so young!? I said yes... And she told me I had grandma boobs ????gee thanks ! lol but that was IT! Signed paperwork , got my prescription , and i was on my way!!

Thank goodness for my sweeeeet nurse!

Hope that helps someone!????

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

I hate that you can't edit stuff on here!

PRE OP NOT PRO HAHA??????

TOMORROW!!

Tomorrow is the big day!!! Checkin time is 6am .. Surgery starts at 7:30!!! Omg I'm so damn nervous !!!!!!!!'

Hope the procedure went well. I'm sure you're resting now. I just had mine on Friday 10/3, and I'm in amazement. I went from a 42G to a 38D (after swelling) although it doesn't look like a D-cup to me it looks smaller but hell I'm ok with that. Best wishes on a speedy recovery.
I can't wait to hear about your day! I'm 15 weeks post op, Kaiser too. Loved everyone involved. You'll do fine!
Very unproffessional for the staff to make a comment like that....you will do great. I have one regret, I wish I had done it sooner! I love the fact I can go braless from time to time and no pain in my neck or shoulders! Good luck!

Woohoo!

So I wrote this to a friend and I thought I could just add it here !

So I'm writing from my phone so if this comes out funky I'm sorry lol , so yesterday was really scary at first . But I must say.. Everyone at the hospital was amazing!!!! I talked to the nurse first she asked me basic questions and then all the other doctors came in and talked to me . I was feeling pretty good by the time they took me in . They gave me meds In my IV So I was happy going in lol !! They had me get on the table and that's all I remember !!! I woke up and had to pee so bad!!! I couldn't go I tried twice and then they wheeled me into the bathroom and I finally did . After that I started to feel sick to my stomach ! They gave me meds and that really helped me. Before I know it my loved ones were with me again . I do have drains ( not a big deal at all) the doctor explained everything to the people who came with me. And that was basically it! I got home took my meds ( they gave me norcos ) so I'm in bed using the five pillow trick but I have prob 6 . 2 under legs, one under each arm , the rest under my neck that is really helping me!!! I'm taking my meds on time :) I can't think of anything else lol excuse my stretch marks :( I have a kid lol

I am so glad it went well!!!! We have almost identical boobs size and shape wise so I am going to be watching your updates and pics like crazy!!! I am praying for easy and healthy healing!!!! So excited for you!!!!
Thanks ! Feel free to ask me anything :) xoxo !
I'm glad to hear your surgery went well!! :-) Thanks for sharing your story. It is helping easy my anxiety about my surgery next week.

feeling blah..

so im 2 days out and i feel kinda shitty....

1. i just can't get comfortable ..
2. the tubes are pretty annoying, but they don't hurt.
3. its really hard for me to eat, I'm not hungry at all but i get dizzy so I'm really trying to eat.
4. I'm still on my norcos. i don't understand how some of you stopped taking them so early lol..
5. i have a cough, crap is in my chest , did that happen to any of you.

I'm ready to see my boobs already!!!! i get to see them tomorrow I'm super excited but scared at the same time.... keep me in your thoughts tomorrow that everything is looking good. I'm so nervous..

okay thats all my bitching :)

im so blessed to have the people that are taking care of me , i don't know what i'd do without them. i personally could NOT do this alone. anyone have any tips?

Carly

Congrats on your new you... can't wait to be there! Your dizziness may be from the Norco that is one of the side effects (almost a falling down\rollercoaster dizzy feeling) you may want them to call you in something different.
I go back tomorrow , thanks for the tip! Did you feel hungry after I'm almost at day 3 and I'm not at All :/
Omg I had i cough too and was coughing up gunky crap lasted a couple of days and went away! Feel better

Before

What drains look like

Just in case someone wants to see here it is ...

What a day ...

Well today basically SUCKED! Lol.. My norcos are killing my stomach so I was sick all morning :( that's the worst when you're trying not to move your chest .. I had my appointment to get my drains out today . I must say it wasnt THAT BAD .. Cutting my stiches hurt more to let it out and then her cleaning the area really sucked!!! She told me to wait so she could go get more stuff to clean me up .. I was prob 2mins from totally blacking out . Hearing went .. Skin was dripping .. And I felt like I was going ! Haha .. They had my lay down and I was able to pull it together ... ( if not I was going to end up in the ER) not what I wanted .. She gave me some zofran that helped with my tummy , but man I'm happy today is OVER!!! I think that was the worst of it ! I'm happy to say I have a C sports bra on! Wooohoo . I took some pics that I'll post . The skin under my insision should go down but if not he said that's an easy fix so I'm not worried about it :) over all I'm rockin some new small ass boobs !!! #happy #gladtheworstisover

They look great and congrats for having it done. Im a little over 3 weeks post and believe me it gets easier every day. My incision marks look incredibly great. The tape just now is starting to fall off and I thought I would be so squeamish to look but the lines are already starting to fade so it doesn't look bad at all. Im amazed at how quickly the body heals. I absolutely hated those drains!!!! My skin was so sore from them. Thats what hurt the most on me. I remember waking up the 3rd day in agony because my skin was so tender from where they hung. The day they came out was like Christmas. Did your PS say what the skin under the incision was? I have the same thing going on under my right breast. It happened when the breast started settling. Its like a little bulge
It's hard to say bc I'm so swollen !!! But it's an easy fix if it wouldn't go away he said he could fix it locally . If that's my only prob I think I'm okay ;)
I am happy to hear everything went well. You look great! Thank you so much for sharing your story. My surgery is at the end of Nov. and I am just about the same height, weight, and chest size as you. I have been struggling figuring out what a good size would be. I want them to be much smaller but I also want them to be proportionate to my body. Do you know how many grams they took out? I appreciate the input. I hope you have a restful day!

Question !!!!

Do any of you take your sports bras off to give yourself a break? My back is killing me !! I just got drains out so they have been pretty swollen .. Ice packs help but I wanna take it off :/ ??? Thanks for your help ??

I think I'd be OK even if it didn't go away. I'm so in love with the size : ) Hope each day gets easier for you. As for the bra I would think it'd be so OK. I say that because my PS never had me wearing one and I think that's part of why I'm healing so well. It's good to air them out. I walked out of his office bra less and have been ever since : )
Thanks for the response. I have my pre-op appointment on Friday. I hope your appointment on Thursday goes well.
Thanks!!! One thing I've learned is it really doesn't hurt!! It's annoying ., if you have drains they are uncomfortable but you can totally handle it! Pre op isn't scary AT ALL . I freaked myself out for nothing :) let me know how it goes :)

I think it's day 5?

It just feels like one long day lol .. I'm doing pretty damn good . After taking out my drains Friday I get really swollen . Yesterday I totally over did it .. So when I got home pulled out my pillows and ice packs and I was good to go! Ice packs seriously help me so much !! To all of you scared, you got this!!!!!

Happy day 5 to you! You might need to go up one band size for a time. I use, and still do at the end of the day, and to sleep, the two-pack Fruit of the Loom, front hook sports bras. I'll be 4 months next week. P S said I can wear supportive, but more aesthetically pleasing bras with nice tops as I need (no underwire of course). Question, did your doctor prescribe ice? Sometimes that can impede good blood flow. I know you're swelling, and it can be uncomfortable, but you can help minimize by lowering your salt, drinking lots of water, and still sleeping at an incline. I live in the desert, the heat affected me too. I am just now only experiencing swelling a few times a week compared to a few times a day. This is my experience and recommendations, your PS is the ultimate resource. The nurses are great too. Did you go to Ontario or Fontana?
you know ... you have a good damn point!!!! i had read so many girls using peas i just started doing it!!!! but to be honest its the only thing that makes me feel normal... I've been super careful with the foods i eat but sometimes they fill so swollen i could feed 5 babies.. ( totally what it feels like if u have kids) lol i'm going to call! good question!!!!! hahah... i mean i don't have it on 24/7 just here and there.. :/ damn i hope it wasn't hurting me. i just read all of your reviews and wrote down tips .lol shit! now I'm nervous.. hahahaha thank you for saying something its all so new to me!!!! i had in done in ontario but my office is in fontana . i live is San Dimas,ca i was kinda in the middle of all the kaisers.

just thought id share

i had posted how i use ice for swelling and a friend on here asked if my doctor had given me the okay. the answer was no. i had just read that it was okay, she made a good point that ice could slow down the blood flow .. so i got nervous and called Kaiser!!!! ( please call your doctor and make sure its okay for you ) but i was told its totally SAFE! 20 MINS ICE ON ... 40 MINS ICE OFF! I asked about blood flow and he said swelling will also slow down blood flow thats why they say20/40!!! hope this helps someone.. 30mins on hold for that answer. hahahaha ! thanks @corylynnb :D better safe than sorry!!!!

Thanks for the info about the ice. Good to know!
:) you got it!
Don't stress. It should be fine. I had over 1700 grams removed. I personally wanted to make sure blood was going where it needed to. I'm down by Palm Springs, so Fontana it was. Lol, I think I saw your Doc's name on a door. Mine was Dr. Geldwert, he is great! Don't stress, rest is the best thing for you. I just hung up some line dry only clothes, and and am now totally swollen. Ps, I am now a B cup! Down from a G. :)))

Sports bra change

I couldn't handle it anymore .. So I had to use an other the head one . Hurt like hell but I feel so much better ... But how small are my boobs :D

Lookin good!
Just read your review. I had mine on 9/11th. Having minor set back with what appears to be a yeast infection / rash on breast near nipples from either being allergic to or just using antibiotic ointment for 3 weeks (PS rules). So I spoke to nurse by phone and I have been applying over the counter anti fungal cream. Breast are soooooo sensitive! Can't wait to be over this .........
I will keep your boobies in my thoughts ! I'm sure you will be better In no time :) happy healing!!!!!

anyone else ?

im 7 days today!!!!! i already had my tubes out but i have my post op thursday!!! i really haven't even seen them!!!! only what i posted here.lol... does anyone else's nipples burn? i think I'm healing well from what i can see... but ffff... they burn .. and those damn zingers .... woooweeeee.. lol

Hey thenewme: I have burning nipples -- but I think my problem is that I was allergic to the antibiotic ointment and didn't realize it. I go see my PS this afternoon. I hope he has some "magic cream" cause now that I stopped using ointment my skin feels raw around nipple. Anything that touches it feels so sensitive. Also, I was told that sometimes, instead of your body absorbing the internal stitches, they try to make tier way out. Of that happens, it's best to go see PS so they cn be clipped so skin can heal.
I don't think that's the case for me.. I haven't even really seen them yet! No creams , showers , or anything yet. They are just so irritating .. I took off some of it yesterday to look and it looks okay? Idk !!!! Happy healing !!!!!!❤️
Hi, I am now 7 days post op too. Had a melt down last night as pains in sideas if 2 bits of flesh rubbing together. I am in UK and things seem totally different here. In hosp for 2 days(only had about 350g removed from each) Drains came out next day as minimal drainage. My surgeon told me to put support bra on and keep on 24/7 I am not seeing him till next Monday,dressings still intact and no showers. My boobs are still very swollen and also getting some zingers eery now and again. I am looking after myself and doing nothing,have a great husband and my um is 2 doors away. What makes it worse for me is that I am medical nurse/midwife so know far too much about what can go wrong. I am staying positive though and can not wait till next Monday for great unveiling. I keep imagining myself in smaller tops and not trying to hide them in photographs....always had a love /hate relationship with my boobs. Good luck with your healing x

I feel like crying today ... Today was my post op .. It was easier when I didn't see them #overwhelmed

Ugh

Some pics I just took .. When he took of my bandages some of my nip peeled .. This is all so scary.. I just want this to be over!

I'm so sorry to hear that you are feeling this way! I feel the same. I have cried everyday since my surgery. Lots of fear and regret! Don't you wish we could just fast forward time a couple of months? Hang in there! You are 6 days ahead of me! :-)
All of your msgs made me tear up again lol .. Thank u ,It's so overwhelming .
oh honey, just breathe. Truly, they look like they should at this point. Remember, you are so early. I had a melt down too about this same time. We tend to keep everything in and all of a sudden, all of our emotions come busting out at one time. Lol, I had my moment while my daughter was washing my hair in the shower. I just stood there and sobbed. I think we do so much research about the surgery, and about the immediate time after. The truth is that it is a process for recovery, and that is ok, because the results will be with us to enjoy forever. Like Cutiepie said, please rest.. You look great. Your new breasts will change every day. Keep smiling and don't try to do more than you should. :)

Feeling better

Took off my tape today! Look better than I thought . One of my pics look red but it's not that red it's the camera . Kinda annoyed how high he did them .. But I can fix it .. Hopefully my boobs will just cover it when they drop a little . Have a good weekend ladies !

Pics without any tape!

Glad you are feeling better today :)
Looking good!!!!