What a Stupid Mistake I've Made!! I Want These Implants out Yesterday! - Ontario, CA

I am 3 months post-op breast augmentation and I...

I am 3 months post-op breast augmentation and I have scheduled my appointment for this Friday with a different PS to arrange to have them removed. I originally went for a breast lift but the PS convinced me that I would be happy with a breast augmentation to fill loss of volume instead of the lift. I stressed that I did not want to be large, that I merely wanted to fill my existing bra with the padding removed. I was a 32C/D but deflated. I am 42 years old. I should have gone with my gut from the beginning and not listened to the PS ( or my husband, who trusted that the PS must know what he is talking about) I received 421ccs and came out of surgery a 32F. They are way too big and way too wide for my 5'3, 118 lbs frame. They hurt constantly and are super heavy. I can only sleep on my side for a little while and then I have to turn to the other side, because I am literally laying on implants that extend onto my sides. The right side feels like it is starting to bottom out as the implant is already somewhat below my scar and is palpable and visible. I used to be self conscious about my breasts before surgery because they weren't what they used to be and now I'm super self conscious because they are so large and matronly. I only wear very baggy clothing to hide them and can't imagine ever wearing a bathing suit in public again. I can't believe that I have done this to my body and would love to just punch myself in the face for being so damn stupid! I have a tentative date for July if everything goes well with the consult. I am soooo grateful that here in ontario my removal with capsulectomy is covered by ohip with a note from my GP. My husband is having a VERY difficult time about how much money we have spent and he is enjoying my large breasts despite how I feel about them and regardless that they cause me so much discomfort. He keeps saying to give it more time although I have now travelled extensively to 3 different revision specialists who mutually agree that the implants are too large and too wide for my frame. I would have to have extensive pocket work to make the pockets smaller to accommodate a smaller implant. Forget that! I have already spent way too much time and money on my boobs. I just want them out and begin my healing so I can get back to living. So very Sorry about the rant but aside from my husband and sister, I have no one to talk to about this as no one else knows. For that, I am grateful for. I don't need anyone else knowing about my seriously expensive and disturbing mistake. I will let you know when my surgery is schedule. Thank you soooo much to this forum for the support. I honestly feel like I am doing the right thing after reading all the stories here.

What a relief! I found my PS!!

My husband and I met with Dr. Christopher Assad in Burlington this morning. We were there for an hour and half. We went over every possible scenario. Removal with replacement and major pocket work- BIG NO! , removal with full capsulectomy- kinda what I was leaning for, removal with partial capsulectomy, removal with lift and so on. In the end, I am getting a removal with partial capsulectomy and no lift, for now. I will let the dust settle so to speak, and see about a lift in 6 months to a year. He looked at my before pics and was a little frustrated that I was convinced that an augmentation was my solution. He said I had plenty of tissue and that a lollipop lift would have been perfect to lift the mild sagging I had as well as correct the nipple position. It makes me so angry with myself for not looking into things as I should have before I had surgery. At least this time around, I don't have a nagging doubt about whether or not I am doing the right thing. I have gotten second and third opinions and have settled with a PS that didn't try to sell me on something that I didn't need. The office staff will be calling me on Monday to confirm a surgery date. The earliest possibility may be mid July. The worst case scenario being mid august. They know how badly I want this done and are going to see what they can do for me to get me in as soon as possible. I'm praying super hard that it is July! Fingers crossed. My husband was especially supportive today and seems to be moving past having wasted so much money. He really liked the doctor and was impressed by his explanations and thoroughness. ( and we've been to a few so far, so that's saying a lot. ) I've also had a chance to talk to my daughter about my plans and she completely understands. She also completely agrees that large breasts do not suit my body or my personality. Phew, that wasn't such a hard conversation. My 17 year old son might be a different scenario. He was opposed to my first surgery for a few reasons, but the main one being, that I was putting my life at risk having an unnecessary surgery. I will take things as they come, he's pretty easy going and really just doesn't want to have to talk about his mothers boobs anymore. Poor kid. I am sooo grateful that I stumbled on this site. You women are all wonderful and so supportive. It feels good to know that I am not alone. I will post some more updated before pics when I find out the date of my surgery, and I will update after as well. It has been all your updates that have really helped me so far,and I want to do the same for others! Thanks again! Here's hoping I can maybe get a little sleep tonight!

Surgery date scheduled :)

My surgery has officially been scheduled for July 30th thanks to a lady that did not mind moving her surgery date. I am off in the summer and the office has been so wonderful in accommodating me and I am so grateful, I could cry from happiness! I have been so unsettled not knowing if I would be able to have my surgery sooner or later, but now I can finally move forward with getting the things done around the house and yard before the big day. Let me stress, I CAN'T WAIT to get these heavy hard balloons off of my chest! I toss and turn all night because I can only stay on my side for a little while before it starts hurting. My back starts killing me between the shoulder blades right around 3 every day and burns by the time the day is done. I am having a hard time disguising them since I only own a few baggy t-shirts and I feel awful lying as to why I'm not wearing a bathing suit or going in the water. We have a pool and a boat, and we are known for entertaining during the summer, and so far I have been dreading and stressing over the whole idea. I realize that I won't be going swimming after surgery, but I do not care one bit, because all I will be thinking about is how fricken happy I am that I can wear my normal bikini tops and tank tops again. I am hoping that since it will only be 4 months with these implants, that I will get back to what I had before, but even if I don't, I am OK with that, just as long as they are all mine, and they will be! No more feeling self conscious, no more discomfort, no more hiding, no more stressing about my boobs! I will post some pics as soon as I get hubby to take some updated ones right before surgery!

Post-op today! 2 weeks to go! The countdown is on!

Here is an updated photo at 4 months post op breast augmentation that I promised to put up before I explant in a couple of weeks. I went for my pre-op today and I now feel completely ready for my surgery. The staff at the hospital were all fantastic and quite a few of the nurses commented that I am in great hands with doctor Assad since he is known to be very meticulous. That made me feel so much better. They were very thorough and went over the entire process with me including what to expect afterwards. Since the hospital is 3 hours away, I will be spending the night with my husband locally and going for a post op visit with the surgeon the next day before coming back home. I have some medical background so as long as there are no complications, I will be taking my own stitches out. If I'm to be completely honest, I am getting a little worried as to how my breasts will look after surgery and I pray so hard that since it hasn't been very long, my breasts will at least look like they did before implants once the healing is all done. I am not second guessing removing my implants at all, they drive me crazy! They are so heavy, hot, and cause so much discomfort at night. The right side hurts all the time where it's starting to bottom out and I worry that if I wait much longer to get the implant out, it will do permanent damage to my fold. I have begun looking at old pictures of myself with smaller breasts to remind myself what I looked like. God, I looked so much better! I can't wait to wear all the clothes I haven't been wearing and I can't wait to shelf the baggy t-shirts that I have been wearing! I will never go against my gut and do something that I'm not comfortable with ever again. It's just too bad that it took all this time and money to come to this revelation. I'm done beating myself up over it and look so forward to moving on sans implants!

It looks like we got our implants around the same time, I'll be 17 weeks post op from my BA on Tuesday. My explant surgery is July 28th. I feel the same as you! I knew for sure I would get mine out at 5 weeks post op from my BA, because I knew I had made a very expensive and stupid mistake! Good luck to you!! :)
I had my pre-op Monday, and will have the explant on July 24. I am over the moon about it too! I've had mine for 12 years, and got them with a lift. I was busty before, but it was outrageous after. My doctor asked me why I waited 12 years, and I didn't have a quick response as to the real reason. I felt I had spent so much money on them that I could never ask my husband if he cared if I got them out. But when I asked him last month, he said yes, go for it. It wasn't near as expensive as I thought it would be. I had a little glitch in my pre-op blood work with my blood glucose level. I had to follow up with my regular doctor, and I am awaiting the results. I think all will be fine and I will be counting down the days!
Good luck to you! I look forward to hearing about your results!
ganny2jax- I love when the hubby's are supportive. Mine is too! When you are getting yours out I will be at my pre-op appt. I am so excited I evwn downloaded a countdown tracker on my phone lol! Please if you are willing post pics it helps to see before/afters. Even if you do not post them just take them with your phone. I also downloaded a picture keepsafe with a 4 digit pin so no one can see them of they mess with my cell. Good luck and I will be sending get your sexy on vibes your way. :p
Good luck! I wish u the best recovery..i will be explanting Aug 8 after having them for a month and a half...i cant wait to have them out!
Thanks so much! I wish I would have gone with my gut and gotten them out that early too! Good luck to you!
All the best! X x
Thanks for sharing your story. I am explanting on the 5th of August. Can't wait to get these out. Good luck to you and hope you have great results! :)
Thanks so much! Good luck to you too!
Awesome! *Insert happy dance here*
I
It helps me so much to know I am not the only one! I am still hiding in my clothes, but still vacillate on wether or not to remove mine. Out situations are almost identical. I was dead set against implants 1 year ago. I was a 32d and just wanted a lift. Was presented with implant options at my second consult even though I had already signed all the papers for the lift. I panicked and wanted to make sure I was getting the best results for going through all this and for the money. I stressed many time my concern of bring too big. I went with 210 mp filled to 240 and am now wearing 36 d which would balance our to your 32 d. I am 5'1" and 115 lbs.I have been consumed with regret for a year. I thought cost was an issue the first time around and now I'm headed for a second. It unfortunate to make this kind of mistake. I am so glad for you that you are going through with removal, and look forward to seeing your results. Thank you for sharing
I'm so sorry that you were convinced to get implants far too large and that your husband is being resistant. However, he married you before the implants and with any luck as soon as he sees how much happier you are without them he'll relax. Good luck!!!
Congratulations on finding a PS that you feel comfortable with. A great PS for you makes the world of difference.
I'm curious why your PS thinks a simple lift was all you needed in the first place, but then thinks you should have an explant then wait 6 months and decide. Surgery is expensive and a health risk. It seems if you needed a lift, why would that have changed? I understand different doctors have different opinions, but I just wonder if it just adds up to future business for them. I guess it goes back to if his initial response was all you ever needed was a lift, how would implants have helped or changed that situation?
Hi there, sorry for any confusion, I can sometimes ramble without filling in all the details. The PS that will perform this surgery wants to wait to perform any other surgeries to allow the skin to settle and retract. He's not the first to suggest this way of going about things. I have been to 3 different revision specialists in the past month who all felt the same way. One never can tell how the skin and tissues will respond to a removal and he wouldn't want to do a full anchor lift, if that isn't what I needed. All that being said, here in ontario, my health plan will cover all costs for removal, thank god. I'm with you about the risks to my health from repeated surgeries but I feel that if I really want the best aesthetic outcome from a lift, this is the way to go. You know, honestly, after all I have learned in the past 3 months, I want to avoid a lift all together. I would be happy to just have what I used to or close to it. The PS was just giving me the different options available.
I know exactly how you feel. I got mine put in in January of this year. 4 months later I had them removed. I too originally wanted only a lift. I remember walking in and the first thing I told my surgeon was that I only wanted a lift and a tummy tuck !! I let everyone convince me that it was a great idea to get implants. I guess I was too naive and plain old stupid. A few weeks before surgery I went ahead and added the implants to the procedure. Damn insecurities !!! But enough of that. 2 weeks ago I had them removed and I am feeling great. Still in the healing process but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. One day I will look back and shake my head for being so insecure. Hope it goes well with your removal. You will not regret it :-) xoxo
Thanks for your comment. It's so good to know that I am not the only one to want a removal so quickly. It really makes me feel like I am over spontaneous when making decisions and I have come to second guess every decision I make since this surgery. I did more research for my kitchen appliances than I did for my breast augmentation. If I'm super honest with myself, I think I got caught up in the whole idea of having beautiful PERFECT breasts. That's not what I was asking for, I only wanted a lift, but when the PS was telling me how my breasts would look with implants, I wasn't all that hard to convince. He did his sales pitch well and I fell for it hook, line and sinker out of vanity. What a lesson I have learned already. I would do anything to my have my old breasts back, imperfections and all! There are no such things as perfect breasts, I knew that even then, but the idea of getting them or close to it was stronger than my common sense. Like you said, enough of that, I am getting them out and I can't wait! I hope my recovery goes well, like yours has!
I know exactly how you feel. I am about one year and a half with my implants and I can't wait to get them out. I am embarrassed that I actually went there and put them in. I really only wanted a lift, but I went for it all for the same reasons. What I have learned from this is just because you can... doesn't mean you should. I am scheduled for explant in July 11th. I can't wait to get back to the natural me. Good luck and congratulations for coming to your decision so quickly. I wish I acted faster.
I am so sorry this happened to you :(. I wish you the best with your explant :) are you getting a lift as well?it might make you happy :)
Thanks. For now, I am only interested in getting them out. I will see what the future brings. I think I am done messing with things that aren't broken. I could easily make my breasts look decent with a bra before surgery. At this point, I would actually be grateful to regain what I had before surgery. Hoping a few months with these things inside me haven't done too much damage. My appointment for consult is tomorrow and I will listen with an open mind but one thing I do know for sure, is that I want these things out and I will not be replacing them.
I have the same story you and many others do. I just had slightly saggy, "talked into" implants, 5'0 tall with 32DDD. That is just not right, not to mention uncomfortable, trying to hide it, can't buy normal bras, etc... 43 yrs old I am removing mine in Aug. I have had the for 8 years. Too big or too saggy are my choices I choose too saggy. Anyway I live in Corona if you have any questions I will tell you what I have learned.
I love your comment " too big or too saggy, I choose too saggy"! That is well said and that is exactly how I feel too. I just wish that I had realized that BEFORE implant surgery. Are you also getting a capsulectomy? Which surgeon are you going with?
I am not getting a the capsulectomy, mostly because I have no issues with my implants. They are saline so no chance of silicone leakage. The less invasive the better for me. I a traveling to see Dr. Curtis Wong. A couple other women have used him on this site. If there are no medical issues removal under the breast is pretty straight forward and easy.
Thank you for talking about this. As a woman who has had saline implants for 20 years now, I can completely understand how you feel! I am 5'2 and when I had the implants put in, I weighed about 105 lbs. I got 330 cc's, or a 34 C. For the most part, I've enjoyed the journey with them, BUT for the last 5 years or so, I am sick of them and want them out. I've gained weight (of course) in 20 years and now I am a 32 DDD. Same thing when I put a bra on, it's like they are ENORMOUS. I weigh 129 nowadays. They are heavy, have sagged some, and the areola's have gotten much larger and are starting to face down. I hate underwire bras with a passion so I stick with no-wire support bras. My best friend had implants placed a year or so before me and she is having hers removed next month with a lift. The surgery will be close to $6,000. She can't wait. Her breasts bug her all the time, she doesn't want her husband to touch her there anymore and she's is just done. I have numbness on one of my breasts (have had that for years) and my nipples tend to be quite sensitve. I have itching on one side too....so annoying. And to top it off, I feel like I "look" like a heavier person BECAUSE of the implants. Without them, I know I won't look as proportionate, but I just don't care anymore. I'm active and these things are just bothersome. Glad you aren't waiting years to have yours taken out. I can't believe your surgeon put such large implants on your tiny frame! They are pretty...but I really do understand how you feel. Try not to worry so much about what other people think. Keep us posted on what you find out and thank you again for being so open to share your experience. My husband also loves my breasts, but he doesn't have to carry them around on his chest! Or put uncomfortable bras on! He will love me no matter, I know that....but guys are just BOOB freaks. They'll get over it.