One Piece of Advice: GO TO A REAL DOCTOR!

Ok so I just had my first injection of PCDC...

Ok so I just had my first injection of PCDC (solution used for Lipodissolve) and I went to a board certified plastic surgeon. He told me I'd only need two treatments because I am thin and only have a small pooch on my stomach. He even brought in his personal nurse and she showed me her stomach and back where she had it done. She said she was very happy with the results. The lipodissolve drug they use (PCDC) had lydocaine added in it to numb the area for at leasta while. I the actual injections I didn't even feel! 5 minutes after the injections It started burning, but it wasn't really like a burn feeling. It felt like someone was pressing their fingers on a bruise located on my stomach! It was defintiely bearable though, but annoying because it was consistet low-grade pain. The pain stopped 5 hours after it started which was good because they said it might last longer. I'm actually not as swollen as I thought I'd be. Its noticeable for sure, but not that bad. My 2nd and final treatment is scheduled on July 25! If I could give one piece of advice, it would be to PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE go to a board certified plastic surgeon! They are properly trained and offer the RIGHT mixture of drugs to inject into you areas. My doctor specifically told me that lipo-dissolve centers only use a diluted solution of PCDC (phosphatidylcholine deoxycholate). Only HALF of the injection is the PCDC and the other is a mixture of vitamins or herbs. This means the person has to go in for DOUBLE TREATMENTS! The only person you should allow to put needles in your body is a DOCTOR! Also, please remember, lipodissolve is for people who are NOT overweight. It is for people that are healthy and exercise but can't get rid of stubborn fact deposits that are of a small to medium size! I'll post again in when I'm all done!

OK so I finished my treatments in october and...

OK so I finished my treatments in october and while I do not have a horror story for you, I also do not have noticeable results. I did only have 2 which was what the Dr. and I discussed was all I needed because of how little fat I had in the first place (Most women need four or more). The pain was fine, my stomach is normal, I just don't have the results I wanted. Maybe I should have gone for the full 4 treatments. A slight difference in the fat around my belly button was noticed, but no one would ever be able to tell the difference. Oh and I had no weird side effects at all. I know women who HAVE had results so maybe this is just me. Oh and I do not retract what I said about going to reputable Drs. Office. A nurse practitioner did my last set of injections, but it was under the watchful eye of a board certified plastic surgeon. I STILL say the place you go needds to be a reputable one! These clinics are crap, and YES I DID not the percentages on the solution that was used.
Dr. Salzman

I am a 57 year old female. I do cardio and lift weights regularly and I eat a balanced diet. When I went to Dr. Bergeron, I was frustrated because with all the \"\"good work\"\" I was doing, I still had a huge stomach and side \"\"flanks\"\" ... I was wearing a size 10-12. John Bergeron MD 1961 W T C Jester Blvd Houston, Texas USA Phone: 713) 225-9355 Dr. Bergeron told me that I would NOT lose any weight after the procedure but would drop a size or two. While the procedure is expensive, I am happy with the way I look in my now Size 8 slacks! Unfortunately, I still have loose skin and asked the Doc if he could do anything more for me - but considering my age and the dreaded \"\"gravity-thing\"\", he was honest and said No. The office and surgery area are very clean and all the staff are professional and kind. I am very happy that I had this procedure - shortly after, everybody at work noticed my \"\"new body\"\" ... I have sworn my husband to secrecy as he is the only one who knows I`ve had the procedure. Go for it, if you can!
For all of you who believe that only a "doctor can do these injections", you are completely incorrect. Physician assistants and Nurse practitioners are trained by plastic surgeons and have the medical training/background to do this relatively simple procedure. I am a practitioner who injects PCDC under the supervision of a board certified plastic surgeon and I have done more of these THAN HIM. Hez doing surgery. Thats what his training is centered around, not subcutaneous injections. Secondly, dont quote scientific garble de gook. Before you post an opinion, have some fact to back it up. How do you know what is "a water down solution"? Do you know the actual composition? Or does the doctor who is injecting you have is own agenda. Do the research. Do your homework. Facts are not grounded in opinion, they are solidified in truth not emotional nonsence that you feel REALLY STRONGLY about.
i went to doctor samuel.they are fantastic and caring physicians.MY RESULTS WERE GREAT. they are called body allure in LOUISVILLE KY
Thanks. You helped me change my mind about where I was about to have this procedure done. I'm 59, 130 lbs & 5'4.5", & had my first free consultation yesterday. They wanted to start my injections right then. Instead I scheduled for 9:30 this morning because I just couldn't commit that fast. I also wanted to do Juvederm & Botox, scheduled next week and they did NOT bundle the pricing. After reading your post I'm cancelling my appointment and doing more research. Like you, I only have a small pooch over my lower abdomen & now I believe I may not need all the injections & treatments they suggest. I'm not even sure the "medical director" will be doing the treatments or if a board-certified plastic surgeon is "in-house". I 'think' the medical director is an ob/gyn. So I will try to find someone else to do all these procedures. I'm in Dallas & was taken in by an "advertisement" on the "news" as a "special interest story". Be careful what is shown as news. I, myself, think it's possible the local networks get paid for promotions such as these.
Hey there, I just wanted to let you know that I am in Fort Worth, and just had the procedure done yesterday by a wonderful doctor. In fact, she used to be an anesthesiologist (not sure on my spelling there), but now specializes with anti aging techniques. I would highly recommend her. Also her meidcal office is VERY nice and clean. She personally mixes the injections and does them on you herself. She said she would never trust anyone like Fig to do them. An added benefit is that she is very reasonable. I am paying 1050 for 3 treatments. She offices out of Azle tues-thurs, and in downtown fort worth mon and fri. Dr. Naila Mallick, she give free consultations, you should check her out.
Susan, I've looked into Dr. Mallik (sp?) and I'm seriously thinking about scheduling a consultation with her. I work downtown and live about 10 minutes from Azle on the other side of Eagle Mt. Was your first treatment painful? What areas are you having done? Have you noticed a difference?
Susanftworth, I was curious about your treatment results and how you felt at this time. I am considering lipodissolve and want local feedback
I have Doctor Mitchell Horan MD in Gilbert AZ 480.985.9578. Yes there was pain, but he told me there would be. He used numbing cream and my spanx underwear were given to me, I didn't have to pay extra. I only had to have 4 treatments on my lower stomach area and I paid $1280. I go every 4 weeks. They make me feel comfortable and I can call even after hours if I have problems. I didn't but it was nice to know I could.
To the person who went to Dr. Horan in Gilbert,AZ...what results did you get? Do you recommend the procedure?
To AZ guest...Yes I like my results. The thing is Lipodissolve is not for everyone. They told me upfront it was NOT a weight loss thing and that I would not lose weight from it. It is to contour the area that you are having problems with. I had went to FIG for consultation also, but I liked that a Dr. would do my treatments (and it would cost me less than FIG) and that is why I picked Dr. Horan. I can't tell you to do or not to do it...that is up to you. They told me it doesn't work for everyone and you have to have the right BMI (body mass index) It was in the AZ Rep. not to long ago that some lady went from a size 18 to a size 8. RIGHT! Maybe after being on a liquid diet! Don't believe everything that is out there, research. They don't have to be Plastic Surgeon to do this. Any MD has the knowlege and has studied anatomy. Just don't go to a Homeopathic dr or a Naturapathic as they are not license with the state board of physician. Check with the state board and make sure the MD has a current license. Good Luck whatever you decide.
I searched a bit after I read some messages and found a DOCTOR John Bergeron, MD in Houston who does the treatments for 199e/ each area. Fig. quoted me 4800 (500 off if I paid immediately) for my abdomen (upper and lower) for 6 treatments each. That’s double what this MD charges and nurses/trained personnel are not board certified. I am going to check with this doctor to see how many injections he does at a time (Fig advised that I would have 12-15 in the upper and lower (24-30) each visit. If this MD is consistent the amount of injects I will give 3 treatments a try. Wish me luck, I will keep this updated with my results.
Did you go? I wish I would have read your post first. How are you doing? They told me @ Fig that if I quit I have to pay $500.00 for the first treatment. I am wondering now what I should do. Ugggh!
I went to Fig today in Sugar Land and they quoted me $6000 for upper and lower abs and loves. Then they said, it's your lucky day, we're going to throw in the upper abs for free making the total cost $4000. I read your post here yesterday and decided to get more than one opinion and to compare prices. I like the fact that he is a dr too. I have an appt on Monday to see Dr Bergeron. Thanks for the referal. So how are you doing? Are you happy with the way things are going? I would love to hear from you because if you're not happy with Dr Bergeron, I also have a referal for a Dr Vitenas on the east side of town. Thanks, SLA
Hello Sarthur,
I know this is a very old post- but I am hoping you are still connected to Real Self. I am considering augmentation with Dr. Vitenas and was wondering if you knew anything about him?
I went to Dr. Marc J. Salzman M.D., FACS in Louisville, Kentucky. His website is www.itbecomesyou.com He graduated from Tulane Univerity in the top 10% of this class then studied at the infamous Duke University's plastic surgery unit. I just got it done yesterday, and I woke up this morning and some of the swelling has gone down actually. and the pain is gone, but I'm a little sore when there's a lot of movement, but I'm actually at work right now and I'm fine. I am wearing a girdle to suppress the area (a suggestion by the nurse that had it done also) and It feels better. I will be updating my status as I go so check back!
I'm considering liposdissolve from Dr. Salzman. How did yours turn out? Are u finished? Any problems?
please lady in louisville update me on your procedure. i too am from this area and want to have this done but OMG the horror stories i am reading @!!!! i want the "gobbler" gone and i have been debating this for over a year now. i can tolerate the pain idea but only if i get results..thank you
Hi. Could you please tell what doctor did you go to and how did it work out after all? I see here that some people had really bad experience with FIG... Thank you.