Treatment For Broken Capillaries on Face

I have very pale skin and began experiencing small...

I have very pale skin and began experiencing small areas of broken capillaries on my cheeks a few years ago, which gave them a slight reddish hue. When I was receiving treatments for facial hair removal with a Sciton BBL machine (see review), the physician diagnosed me with mild rosacea and said that it could be treated with the same machine, using a different filter.

Frankly, I was not entirely convinced that I had rosacea from what I’ve seen and read about it, and the physician is not a dermatologist. However, when the med spa was offering a special on the treatment, I thought I would give it a try. I had two sessions one month apart. I noticed some improvement after the first session and all of the broken capillaries were gone after the second one. The process was similar to the laser hair removal – small zaps of light that felt like rubber band snaps. The areas were red and there was some slight swelling on my cheeks that spread up to under my eyes, lasting a couple of days.

To the best of my recollection, I was told that maintenance is generally required every 2-3 months at $350. It has been about six months and I only have two new tiny broken capillaries, which can easily be covered with makeup. Since the treatment, I have been told that I have “beautiful” skin numerous times. While a bit pricey, I would consider doing it again if the broken capillaries become worse over time.