My Invisalign Journey at 37 Years Old - Omaha, NE

I had traditional braces when I was in 7th grade...

I had traditional braces when I was in 7th grade up until 10th grade (yes, THAT long). I had one of my teeth growing in the roof of my mouth that had required surgery to uncover it and a chain attached to it to bring it down into place with my braces. It was a lengthy and painful process with lots of rubber bands and chains.

Unfortunately, my old dentist had removed my permanent retainers not too long after I had them put on and my teeth started to shift back probably within a year or two after I got out of high school. All of that time and money...down the tubes.

Fast forward to now. I'm 37 and am tired of continuing to see my teeth shift and getting constant headaches from clenching and grinding. So my dentist had been recommending Invisalign. I finally bit the bullet.

On 11/19/12 I had my first tray put in, along with 8 buttons. I will have a total of 20 trays. The process to get them in wasn't too terrible. It was a little uncomfortable, but not bad. Removing the tray the first time was hard, as was getting it back in by myself.

One of my attchments did fall off that night when I took my tray out to eat but I just went in the next day and my dentist put a new one on. I did notice that my teeth were more sensitive/sore the next day and even more so today, which is 2 days later. I take that as a good sign.